RAGS Abandoned Evil Incorporated [v1.7.7] [Rrod424]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Baba666777

May 5, 2017
Does the new bugfix have a changelog? Can anybody with access to that forum tell us if there's been any progress updates about the latest version, ETA on release, that kind of thing?
He didn't put a changelog, he quoted a bunch of guys in the forum and answered them. At the end, though he did put these : (I didn't have the time to play the game for long, so I have no idea what he fixed.)

Bugs Fixed: I think....
*Boss fights had a messed up varaiable not allowing you to level up after fights. I have since changed that. Not sure if it will conflict with anythng else but we'll see.
*Loot- I made it so the Street Vendor at Liberty City West will now trade JF badges for Batteries. Should only work during the dani psyblocker quest. This way if your over level 10 you can still obtain batteries.
*Fixed red sand bug in police station. Now its actually obtainable. its in File Caibnet B drawer 2. It can be traded to manny for a special treat. One of its conditons was wrong.
*Also adjusted some of the JF's stats to make the fights easier but I also increased their health so its not too easy. It feels to easy to me but I'm sure you all will let me know.
*Added a button for you to go through and choose random encounters please test them and make sure they work. Thanks and enjoy
But be warned if used in the wrong place and wrong time it can crash your game....
Source :

Baba666777

May 5, 2017
Thanks man. Has he made any statements about the next version?
In fact he did just before what he wrote about the fixes (the question was : how goes the next update?):

GREAT! I actually had a chance to travel and havent had a chance to work on the game since the last update. I've gone through and fixed a few bugs so far.

I have offically mapped out a plan for the AEON Heist Quest! Thats what my next project is. It's not the end of the game but it will be a significant event in the game. After the quest things will be different in LC as well as you having access outside the city. As well as access to the Hall of Justice. I will try.... try...... try...... to make another update by the end of the month with whatever I have so far. But you know how it goes.

Baghnot

May 1, 2017
" Upon waking you realize who must of done it and decide you must have revenge!"
>"must of"
>kek

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
In fact he did just before what he wrote about the fixes (the question was : how goes the next update?):
Oh man, so no work on since the last time. I was holding out on a new version since the last time I played was I think 1.44 and the new one was incoming. I guess I'll just download it and play now.

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
Could anyone play the new version and tell me if the mechanic boss throatfucking the customer lady thing in the intro is a gif or a still pic? It's just a still pic for me and I suspect this new version broke gifs for me.

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
How do I open this file the RAGS site don't load and has a been hacked tag on it

OtK

May 14, 2017
I tried searching for a while in order to see if there was a fix to the videos bug, but from what I can tell the issue occurs for people operating Windows 10 64 bit version. Maybe not all of them, but that was the closest I could find to anyone saying anything about anything.

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
I tried searching for a while in order to see if there was a fix to the videos bug, but from what I can tell the issue occurs for people operating Windows 10 64 bit version. Maybe not all of them, but that was the closest I could find to anyone saying anything about anything.
Is the 'video bug' the gifs not playing? Because I'm windows 7 64bit and I have that problem too. Didn't used to have it in the old versions.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
I'm in the same boat, Windows 7 64bit. No idea when the issue started. Never really started playing this and just kept updating every time.

OtK

May 14, 2017
Is the 'video bug' the gifs not playing? Because I'm windows 7 64bit and I have that problem too. Didn't used to have it in the old versions.
No, I am not sure about that, but from what I have been seeing with RAGS is there are two common fixes. First is to make sure that you have Windows Media Player downloaded, and activated (you can do that by going into Control Panel, then going into Program and Features, Next to turn windows features on and off, go down to "Media", and make sure that Windows Media Player has a check mark when the folder is expanded). The second common fix is that you are using the wrong version of Rags. A lot of games in Rags are not backwards compatible, so newer is not better. For this game you want to be using 2.4.16.0. If neither of those work, I'd recommend going to the hypnosis forums, and make use of the search feature.

Kristu

Aug 7, 2016
No, I am not sure about that, but from what I have been seeing with RAGS is there are two common fixes. First is to make sure that you have Windows Media Player downloaded, and activated (you can do that by going into Control Panel, then going into Program and Features, Next to turn windows features on and off, go down to "Media", and make sure that Windows Media Player has a check mark when the folder is expanded). The second common fix is that you are using the wrong version of Rags. A lot of games in Rags are not backwards compatible, so newer is not better. For this game you want to be using 2.4.16.0. If neither of those work, I'd recommend going to the hypnosis forums, and make use of the search feature.
this dont work man.

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
I have the same problem with video. Black screen and it doesn't play, I can move the progress bar wherever I want but there's no actual progress and I can't do anything since apparently your choices come up after watching the video.

Kristu

Aug 7, 2016
Have you downloaded his bugfix2 version? I stopped having problems after that.
yeah i see now, i download from the main page but ok let's see if this bugfix2 fix this video problem thanks.

Edit. Still does not work with bugfix2..

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote