VN Ren'Py Etlina's principle [Dev notes]

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
For everyone who still checking this thread - yeap, I'm still alive, and I didn't abandon this project. Really trying to find more time for it, but it's only enough for 2-3 renders per day.

Guess I'll leave coding for the last, when all visual will be ready. So, here are some pictures, showing some "welcoming" locals. Or maybe, they are just trying to be friends with you?
EP_hall_17.png
EP_hall_11.png

"So that's how they are reproducing, huh?"
preg.png

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Can selec Protagonist gender (Female or male?)
I intregate about this game and strongly hope that ther I can pick Female Protagonist from the beginig of thegame to play with the whole game.

Or it gonna be Male Protagonist focused game? That I'm not into it (Male portagonist game)

I would love to play this game if the are ability to select our gender?

• Angry
Reactions: Harem Trooper

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Can selec Protagonist gender (Female or male?)
I intregate about this game and strongly hope that ther I can pick Female Protagonist from the beginig of thegame to play with the whole game.

Or it gonna be Male Protagonist focused game? That I'm not into it (Male portagonist game)

I would love to play this game if the are ability to select our gender?
Don't want to upset you - but no. I see this project only from male-focused perspective, and female MC might just break up all the lore and plot that I'm working on. Also, having second MC - that's at least x2 the work (renders, dialogues), which I already have tons of.
If this project will be wiable and fly off - there might be a chance for addon, telling the story from eyes of the one female character. But that's might be possible only after the end of the original story, so, yeah..

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Don't want to upset you - but no. I see this project only from male-focused perspective, and female MC might just break up all the lore and plot that I'm working on. Also, having second MC - that's at least x2 the work (renders, dialogues), which I already have tons of.
If this project will be wiable and fly off - there might be a chance for addon, telling the story from eyes of the one female character. But that's might be possible only after the end of the original story, so, yeah..
Non interestet in game where I can't selec Protagonist gender (Female or Male) female for same plot story with bunch of lesbian path. I'm not interested to play game with his compenion/team mate since it gonna be the same plot.

I wish you good luck.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Non interestet in game where I can't selec Protagonist gender (Female or Male) female for same plot story with bunch of lesbian path. I'm not interested to play game with his compenion/team mate since it gonna be the same plot.

I wish you good luck.
Sure. It's your right, afterall.

Thanks a lot!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Reifon

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Damn bro! I always checked the thread for new stuff but it never showed you in the "updates". Only now I see that you even posted new leaks on May...
These are fantasic looking one man. The one what it seems to be ivy attacking the MC looks epic but also the "monster" with the tentacles. Jex looks good but with her hoodie I cant see much of her face. But her weapon looks fire. (y)

I wish to see more bro. Looking really for this one. :love:

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Damn bro! I always checked the thread for new stuff but it never showed you in the "updates". Only now I see that you even posted new leaks on May...
These are fantasic looking one man. The one what it seems to be ivy attacking the MC looks epic but also the "monster" with the tentacles. Jex looks good but with her hoodie I cant see much of her face. But her weapon looks fire. (y)

I wish to see more bro. Looking really for this one. :love:
Yeah, sometimes this happens :unsure:
Much obliged! The one who attacking MC - is just a regular infected. But there will be a couple of hybrids (like Ivi or Jex), which might try to kill you on the first meeting, instead of "UwU, you are a MC, I want to be your waifu!".
And that was the idea - Jex is not the most sociable person and prefers contact with people "in a different way" And her heavily modified by Nox sniper rifle really helping with that.

Thanks for your interest man - I hope I don't let you down on your expectations.

Reactions: spitfire335

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
Yeah, sometimes this happens :unsure:
Much obliged! The one who attacking MC - is just a regular infected. But there will be a couple of hybrids (like Ivi or Jex), which might try to kill you on the first meeting, instead of "UwU, you are a MC, I want to be your waifu!".
And that was the idea - Jex is not the most sociable person and prefers contact with people "in a different way" And her heavily modified by Nox sniper rifle really helping with that.

Thanks for your interest man - I hope I don't let you down on your expectations.
"heavily modified"
Just say it how it is
her rifle is also alive tentacle dildo

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Hey guys, actually great news. Finally, I done with all my shit IRL, which was troubling me for the last months. Now I'm about to start spending full time on development, so expect much more dev updated in the future! And once again - thanks for staying around all this time - you have my huge thanks :love:

So, currently, we are on the stage of active characters design and script writing. The backstory was also changed a little, but not too much compare to my "original". Also, figured out some important characters and related ruts, which could change the story drastically in the future. Here is complete design of the first enemy hybrid (first for the last 6 months, lol), which will make lots of troubles for MC and humans in general. Working name - Scylla

Her special feature will be the presence of two muraenas-like tentacles with sharp teeth that can gnaw through clothing, armor, and symbiotic flesh. She will also be able to absorb the neutral slime of Nox and other infeсted, increasing the number of muraenas and their length. Also, unlike Ivi and Jex, the minds of those close to the Queen are very unstable, as is their costume. That's why they will have "floating" and "melting" features on their costume.

scill.jpg scill2.jpg scill3.png

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
— An laboratory assistant girl from science research team. One of the important side-chars, who will play a key role in a couple of story routes. Looking a little bit off with a sidepocket, but this is how it is.

lab.png

— More like a test scene to see the potential of 32 GB RAM. Also, tried out "Scene optimiser" to make scale ridiculous 4K textures into something actually workable. Somewhere I overdid it, so it's looking too pixelated. But that's allowed to make huge scenes with 4+ characters at the same time, what was not possible earlier. A potential for the huge battle scenes?

hangar.png
— A slide addition to the MC's pants and jacket textures. At closer look it looks too low-res, especially compare to the 4k girl's clothes. Tried to somehow fix it, so here you can see the changes. Tho, maybe that old "dirty" look is more appealing, so let me know down below.

compare.png

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
what the fuck is going on. There was no update for this thread for months and now I see a bunch of new art ?? Fuck yeah. And also, when demo/chap 1 gets release date ? :sneaky:

Reactions: PipPoad