Errors with Final Fuck, Queen's Axe and other Japanese games

Aug 17, 2018
So, I have a notebook with WIndows 7 from 2012, and bought a new notebook this year... the notebook came with Windows 10... When I used to play those games in my old notebook I never had this kind of problem... but with the new one... Anyway I know that I must change my computer region and language for non unicode programs and I did it, I even checked a box that says: "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" the games just run with this option marked otherwise they trigger a Startup Error when I try to open them... I took prints from thgames running on my old and new notebook... I think the errors have to do with the fucked up character that you can see in the prints...
this is how my games open on my old notebook:
momoko.jpg
Final F.jpg

and now the bug fest:

Final F bug.jpg Final F error.jpg momoko bug.jpg momoko screenshot bug.jpg

This second game even run, buggy as hell but Final Fuck and Queen's Axe the game crashes when I select a character...

Can anybody help me??

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
@Apocalypse2099

Just to confirm, when you checked the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" you also changed your system locale to Japanese (Japan), right?

Also, with software that old you probably have to run them as administrator and use the compatibility options for Windows 10. Right-click the *.exe file --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run this program in compatibility mode for... (Win7?)

Aug 17, 2018
Yeah it's all japanese I'll print what configurations I changed... If I'm not mistaken, even with compatibility mode the game runs like this but I'll confirm when I have time... thanks anyway for trying to help... Hey I recomend the game in the screenshot it's called Momoko Hyaku Retsu Kobushi... I wonder if anyone else had the same problem as me with these games on Windows 10....

Aug 17, 2018
@Apocalypse2099

Just to confirm, when you checked the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" you also changed your system locale to Japanese (Japan), right?

Also, with software that old you probably have to run them as administrator and use the compatibility options for Windows 10. Right-click the *.exe file --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run this program in compatibility mode for... (Win7?)
It doesn't work... I think the problem has to do with these messed up character but I have no idea how to fix it

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
It doesn't work... I think the problem has to do with these messed up character but I have no idea how to fix it
Can you upload the game? It would help me to tinker with it.
You can use to create a link (free and no registration).

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Final Fuck:

It runs fine for me on Windows 10. Try this:
1) Make sure you have the latest updates to Windows/graphics drivers/compression software (I recommend 7zip).
2) Change your system locale back to English (assuming that's the original language). Also, change all other region/language setting back to default. Ensure you restart your computer.
3) Install . After installing, right-click the .exe and choose Locale Emulator --> Run in Japanese.

Also, would it be alright to upload the game to this site? With credit going to you, of course. If not, you might want to edit/delete the download link before someone notices it.

Dec 25, 2017
Those scrambled words means that your system is not configured properly. Did you also set the region to Japan? Your date and time must be in Japanese format.

Also your computer must be under the japanese local settings before extracting the files, otherwise it may cause errors when launching the game.

If it still doesn't work try to run the game with Microsoft AppLocale or NTLEA:

Aug 17, 2018
yes, you can share... Maybe more people will come up with the same issues and maybe someone find a solution...

I downloaded the netlea archive but it was a bunch of foulders and I didn't know how to install it...

Reactions: Papa Ernie
Dec 25, 2017
First, open NTLEA.exe and configure your program (screen 1) and then right click the game's exe file et choose "Execute by NTLEA" (screen 2).

Can you post a screenshot of your game folder? Maybe some files need to be renamed.

Tuto_NTLEA_01.jpg

Tuto_NTLEA_02.jpg

Tallboy5

Nov 4, 2018
Hi, any update is a solution has been found? I'm having the same problem but with Queen's Axe ver.Final.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i love the look of both games queens axe and final fuck but i have no emulater on the computer i play on and i don't read japanes so i can't change anything ether so i guess i am screwed on both of these games

Reactions: uncleaR1596

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
true same goes for me. but why can't we just play them with the lauge like it is and not have to us anything.

Sextrap

Oct 24, 2017
Somebody found a way to solve the problem? I checked a lot of forums and they always say to use applocale or change pc language but nothing of that works for me.

Aug 17, 2018
I heard it might has to do with your system main language... It's not confirmed but could be a possibility... Im from South America and have this problem... Once a guy on discord told me his friend has this problem and he's from Hungry I guess

Sextrap

Oct 24, 2017
I heard it might has to do with your system main language... It's not confirmed but could be a possibility... Im from South America and have this problem... Once a guy on discord told me his friend has this problem and he's from Hungry I guess
Well I'm from Spain so that must be it :(

Aug 17, 2018
Well I'm from Spain so that must be it :(
and I'm from South America... even changing the region to japan some characters in the system are still messed up

A solution that I found to play Final Fuck and Queen's Axe was to run windows 7 on the virtual box...