• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I really like Erotohok , but game is hard and i just lose every time. Damn, Sengoku Rance much easier compare to this one
Brudder how tf did you find sengoku rance easier than this.
My view is the exact opposite of yours.

And you can just keep importing your stats via New Game+ til' you can stand on your own feet and take Ws.

Reactions: vnpt

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I really like Erotohok , but game is hard and i just lose every time. Damn, Sengoku Rance much easier compare to this one
It's not that hard if you figure out some basic strats. Or alternatively, you figure out how to cheese the game.

Like I started in the lower right corner of the map. It's like the equivalent of starting in Australia in Risk. All I had to do was keep my two neighbors happy by alternating between bedding one and bribing the other while I stall for research and amass my fortune. I don't bother spreading rumors or bribing anyone else. I fortify my one city that borders both and assign all my soldiers to it because the other two don't need to be defended. I pick officers that are cheap to get as much work done as possible. I wait until other countries fall, at which point I buy their best officers and post the strongest defenders at my border. I special train my weak custom character in politics at least once a turn. I buy some soldiers when the cost is 1:1.

Once I have sufficient amounts of soldiers, I start attacking one neighbor while maintaining my ceasefire with the other. I start bribing the most powerful 4 countries and any decent sized, potentially bordering countries in my path of conquest. I call for a ceasefire with them when they become my neighbor. Unless they invade me, then I ceasefire the country I was attacking and deal out punishment. Smaller countries start to die off and I'm on good terms with the top 4. I start assimilating the smaller, dying countries myself. I weigh my options of going full conquest or winning by allying with every country. A rebellion has broken out in a neighboring country. I start assimilating the pieces...

P.S. Don't forget to make your own officers happy. Capitalize on milestone bonuses for getting them to fall in love with you and decrease the chance of them rebelling.

deptraivkl

Oct 5, 2018
A good newbie strategy is to play turtle. Players often make mistake of be overly aggressive and start wars on your own in the beginning because 9 times out of 10 the AIs will gang up on you with a coalition. When a coalition happened if you got more than 2 neighbors then you are fucked. Grab as many ceasefires and alliances as possible, save up soldiers and progress researches first and in the long run you will be so powerful you don't even need to cheese to win.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
It's not that hard if you figure out some basic strats. Or alternatively, you figure out how to cheese the game.

Like I started in the lower right corner of the map. It's like the equivalent of starting in Australia in Risk. All I had to do was keep my two neighbors happy by alternating between bedding one and bribing the other while I stall for research and amass my fortune. I don't bother spreading rumors or bribing anyone else. I fortify my one city that borders both and assign all my soldiers to it because the other two don't need to be defended. I pick officers that are cheap to get as much work done as possible. I wait until other countries fall, at which point I buy their best officers and post the strongest defenders at my border. I special train my weak custom character in politics at least once a turn. I buy some soldiers when the cost is 1:1.

Once I have sufficient amounts of soldiers, I start attacking one neighbor while maintaining my ceasefire with the other. I start bribing the most powerful 4 countries and any decent sized, potentially bordering countries in my path of conquest. I call for a ceasefire with them when they become my neighbor. Unless they invade me, then I ceasefire the country I was attacking and deal out punishment. Smaller countries start to die off and I'm on good terms with the top 4. I start assimilating the smaller, dying countries myself. I weigh my options of going full conquest or winning by allying with every country. A rebellion has broken out in a neighboring country. I start assimilating the pieces...

P.S. Don't forget to make your own officers happy. Capitalize on milestone bonuses for getting them to fall in love with you and decrease the chance of them rebelling.
Lunar capital enjoyers.
That one spot has so much good sh-t and it's on a great positioning too 'cause it's full of relay points.

Or if it's for absurdly playing safe, Medicine. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
A good newbie strategy is to play turtle. Players often make mistake of be overly aggressive and start wars on your own in the beginning because 9 times out of 10 the AIs will gang up on you with a coalition. When a coalition happened if you got more than 2 neighbors then you are fucked. Grab as many ceasefires and alliances as possible, save up soldiers and progress researches first and in the long run you will be so powerful you don't even need to cheese to win.
Which is hilarious considering that the starting custom player character is like a 2 star unit. You lose a single, powerful officer, and you're basically screwed. You don't have the money to buy a decent replacement, you don't have the ability to capture enemy officers to trade back, and the drop in work income and military power makes you look less respectable in politics, making it harder to call for a ceasefire.

The other mistake is entrusting the AI to autobribe and auto assign officers and soldiers to cities for you. It's one of those things that are helpful if you're already winning, but is otherwise useless.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Huh, that explains why she's okay with it.

Side note:
Playing as a female MC in EraTohok is boring as f-.
I thought I can get nightcrawled but no, I just get events unique to female MCs.
That's pretty much it, the dude officers won't even try and court me.

Also I need to know how annexations and abdicating my territory work.
Mostly no. 2 'cause I want to delay the war as long as I can so I can max the research tree in one playthrough.
I can't remember if you play as an officer if you can get captured in battle, or if it requires your country being destroyed.
Anyway, if you get captured you'll get 'trained', and dicked if they're a special faction.

Its a bit lame though because your character will only give favourable responses.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I can't remember if you play as an officer if you can get captured in battle, or if it requires your country being destroyed.
Anyway, if you get captured you'll get 'trained', and dicked if they're a special faction.

Its a bit lame though because your character will only give favourable responses.
It says only allied factions can be annexed but I've no idea how it works since I tried my neighboring ones and it still dun' work for me.

Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys, question about AnonTW. My home is in Human Village, and when I do "Whereabouts Sense", I'll see visitors on "Opposite Street". However, I can't find that on the map, and if I click the location in Whereabouts Sense it says "outside of movement range". Is this a bug related to the fact that I live there (instead of being a visitor) or is there a way to unlock access to Opposite Street?

eric_alvin

May 26, 2020
Anyone know why there's such a large difference in size between the display size for the animated sex image between Pedy's version of the game (first image) and Anon's (2nd image). I'd love to play Anon's version because its seemingly more updated, but Pedy's larger animated display images are such a huge deal for me, I know you can change the size of the static display images in the center, but doing so has no effect on the animated image size.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Hey guys, question about AnonTW. My home is in Human Village, and when I do "Whereabouts Sense", I'll see visitors on "Opposite Street". However, I can't find that on the map, and if I click the location in Whereabouts Sense it says "outside of movement range". Is this a bug related to the fact that I live there (instead of being a visitor) or is there a way to unlock access to Opposite Street?
Maybe it's like "beyond the entrance" for other area? Try waiting at the "gate" of the village (by that I mean the place where you first arrive after traveling elsewhere)

Reactions: lordofthewhales

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
It says only allied factions can be annexed but I've no idea how it works since I tried my neighboring ones and it still dun' work for me.
They have to be a regular ally not a permanent one and have near max relationship and almost not hate for that to work.

It basically means they're on the way to the village but not there yet, like you can see them on the other side of the street on their way to the village I'd guess is the intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordofthewhales

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Thank god the AI in TokoK is dumb af. God damn has it been painful chipping away at the cities. They fucking stuck 90k units on it, and it took me like 7 turns to finally chip through it. All the while, they kept sending reinforcements in the thousands, which kept getting wiped out by my units and getting captured, rather than pull back their units and slap another defender on the field.
Meanwhile, I'm going after their other cities with my guerillas. Since their cap is like 100k, they have no choice but to yield to my invasions.
P.S. I contemplated doing a diplomatic victory, but Tenshi kept stealing my city kills. So now, I'm whittling at her country out of pettiness. Conquest will be mine soon.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Thank god the AI in TokoK is dumb af. God damn has it been painful chipping away at the cities. They fucking stuck 90k units on it, and it took me like 7 turns to finally chip through it. All the while, they kept sending reinforcements in the thousands, which kept getting wiped out by my units and getting captured, rather than pull back their units and slap another defender on the field.
Meanwhile, I'm going after their other cities with my guerillas. Since their cap is like 100k, they have no choice but to yield to my invasions.
P.S. I contemplated doing a diplomatic victory, but Tenshi kept stealing my city kills. So now, I'm whittling at her country out of pettiness. Conquest will be mine soon.
My usual go-to strat is focusing on econ, spam rumors to the ones in the middle area while buttering up those who can attack me from one direction so I can just focus on the other.

They have to be a regular ally not a permanent one and have near max relationship and almost not hate for that to work.
Wait what, I need them at TEMPORARY?!
I guess I'll just keep 'em at 1.3k favor then or smth.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
My usual go-to strat is focusing on econ, spam rumors to the ones in the middle area while buttering up those who can attack me from one direction so I can just focus on the other.

Wait what, I need them at TEMPORARY?!
I guess I'll just keep 'em at 1.3k favor then or smth.
Even when it caps out at 1.5k favor, you still need to explicitly ask for it.

Also, I tried starting off NewGame+ as a country of one. Horrible idea, overall. I'm only getting by because my economics research is funding me extra income to buy extra soldiers. Had to scrape by kissing ass until I got enough favor for an alliance. Then I attacked a dying country to assimilate its better officers. The daily events keep taking my guy out of the fight, so I'm at the mercy of my troops' competency.

P.S. I found out from capturing Seija in a random event that if you manage to convince a captured leader to join you, their entire country's favorability automatically caps out. Which is great, because I have -1000 personal favorability from Seija lol.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Even when it caps out at 1.5k favor, you still need to explicitly ask for it.

Also, I tried starting off NewGame+ as a country of one. Horrible idea, overall. I'm only getting by because my economics research is funding me extra income to buy extra soldiers. Had to scrape by kissing ass until I got enough favor for an alliance. Then I attacked a dying country to assimilate its better officers. The daily events keep taking my guy out of the fight, so I'm at the mercy of my troops' competency.
It's amazing when starting your own country imo.
I recommend Lunar capital 'cause the econ of that location is beyond broken.
Spam 1k from your treasury to your two neighbors and you'll have two ceasefire friends the moment the war starts.
Also we have a huge discount on our first officer so we can recruit an ez 7*+.

Speedrunning research on Diplomacy tree is a MUST 'cause if you don't, every single faction will hate you at turn 10 'cause everyone is spamming rumors about you. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It's amazing when starting your own country imo.
I recommend Lunar capital 'cause the econ of that location is beyond broken.
Spam 1k from your treasury to your two neighbors and you'll have two ceasefire friends the moment the war starts.
Also we have a huge discount on our first officer so we can recruit an ez 7*+.

Speedrunning research on Diplomacy tree is a MUST 'cause if you don't, every single faction will hate you at turn 10 'cause everyone is spamming rumors about you. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Nah, the discount explicitly says it's is for 6 stars and under. I was too brave and chose one of Yukari's maps. Fucking hell, I don't even know what borders what.
1714892281270.png
P.S. the blue ones next to the green dots is me. I've managed to ally with brown and purple by driving off bandits. The Outsiders faction damn near wiped my ass out along with all the other cities on the "island." The brown used to all be purple. JFC Now I know why the factions are optional.

My officers also kept getting captured before I allied, and I had to trade soldiers to get them back. Again, I would be majorly effed if it weren't because it's NG+.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Nah, the discount explicitly says it's is for 6 stars and under. I was too brave and chose one of Yukari's maps. Fucking hell, I don't even know what borders what.
View attachment 3604254
P.S. the blue ones next to the green dots is me. I've managed to ally with brown and purple by driving off bandits. The Outsiders faction damn near wiped my ass out along with all the other cities on the "island." The brown used to all be purple. JFC Now I know why the factions are optional.

My officers also kept getting captured before I allied, and I had to trade soldiers to get them back. Again, I would be majorly effed if it weren't because it's NG+.
I tend to avoid that map 'cause there's so many relay pts aside from the big land area.
That's why I stick to the gensokyo one.

Last edited:

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
Since we are talking about K strategic options, have anyone actually try to fight off the Mongolian horde (Nightmare Mode)?
The experience was... unique to say the least.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes