Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Abandoned EraStorm - Episode 1 : SandStorm [v0.3.5] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Ah, that's unfortunate but completely understandable. It frustrates me enough as a player when devs keep breaking existing playthroughs, I can imagine it would be much more frustrating to be in your shoes. Thanks anyway my dude, take it easy.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
ShaddyModda is it really abandoned? game just updated today...
:unsure: You see this info in OP added by modder ?

1617713707762.png

So I understand your sadness and grief ;) , but ShaddyModda has made this decision and we all have to accept it.
By the way I don't blame him at all since the dev is constantly changing the coding in his game so every update ShaddyModda would have to create this mod completely from scratch and that's rather a "sisyphean job" which is a bit pointless and would take up way too much of his precious time and because of that he probably wouldn't be able to update many other useful mods for other games he creates for our community.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hum... I reworked the early game only once at v.03 or v.0.3.5 where there were a lot of changes indeed. Other changes was adding gallery and stuff like that but not coding. It's normal to improve the game with time and add new features each time.
But anyway thanks for the work so far.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
^Yea, I didn't notice any big changes in the game. But that's from a player's perspective. I don't know what changes were made to coding. But typically, when coding changes are made, old save files get broken, or previously read dialogue gets marked as unread. I may have noticed that once (the dialogue thing), but it hasn't been a consistent thing with each update.

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
^Yea, I didn't notice any big changes in the game. But that's from a player's perspective. I don't know what changes were made to coding. But typically, when coding changes are made, old save files get broken, or previously read dialogue gets marked as unread. I may have noticed that once (the dialogue thing), but it hasn't been a consistent thing with each update.
That's not all of it though. Imagine if a dev changes earlier dialogues just because he/she feels there is some part not to their satisfaction or there are some typos etc then the changes made to the script causes us to do mods again and these changes don't break saves . Not saying that's the case here. Just saying that there can be script changes without breaking saves and causing to make the mod from scratch . If there are just a few you can adjust but if they get too many you need to do from start .

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Jeevant

Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
i am having the same issue
Well that's something I can't change. It's more related to android and renpy. Anyways it's pretty easy to fix this issue. Just uninstall and reinstall the game and it should work fine.

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
Hum... I reworked the early game only once at v.03 or v.0.3.5 where there were a lot of changes indeed. Other changes was adding gallery and stuff like that but not coding. It's normal to improve the game with time and add new features each time.
But anyway thanks for the work so far.
why not integrate the functions of the mod into the game.
My old pc just died so have lost all my saves, i'm gonna be skipping your game now because the mod is no more and have no interest in restarting without it

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
That's not all of it though. Imagine if a dev changes earlier dialogues just because he/she feels there is some part not to their satisfaction or there are some typos etc then the changes made to the script causes us to do mods again and these changes don't break saves . Not saying that's the case here. Just saying that there can be script changes without breaking saves and causing to make the mod from scratch . If there are just a few you can adjust but if they get too many you need to do from start .
Right. I understand that. That's why I mentioned the dialogue thing. If dialogue changes between updates, they'll be marked as "unread". So, when going back and replaying, you won't be able to skip it. That happened once, but even then, it wasn't the whole game. Just a few lines of dialogue. That's why I haven't been able to notice any major changes. But like I said, I don't know if that's the case with coding.

Reactions: Jeevant

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
I've overviewed the script file.
There's a lot of a minor changes on text, but there's a changes in stats and a additional Romance/Lust stat impplemented in this newer version. It's a lot to review and I understand the frustration of Shaddy in redo it again. If there's a chance that this will be the last time that is this happening maybe there will be ok for him to adjust the mod, but if it keeps going happen, no chance.

Jeevant

Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
I've overviewed the script file.
There's a lot of a minor changes on text, but there's a changes in stats and a additional Romance/Lust stat impplemented in this newer version. It's a lot to review and I understand the frustration of Shaddy in redo it again. If there's a chance that this will be the last time that is this happening maybe there will be ok for him to adjust the mod, but if it keeps going happen, no chance.
Some other modder in our group has already picked it up .

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Some other modder in our group has already picked it up .
Ive been adapting the new script for the actual mod.
Just have to correct some text, add variables to Lust and Romance and some persistent variables too...
I don't have time to test it correctly now, but this is the result of my modifications in the script file. Needless to say that you need the modd instaled first, and then copy and past script file in game folder...

ShaddyModda , thanks for your work until now dude!

HUGE NEWS!!!

Version 5.0 of mod released.... and a PT-BR tanslated version as well... enjoy!!!

Sandstorm 5.0 Multi-Mod And PT-BR Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just have to correct some text, add variables to Lust and Romance and some persistent variables too...
I don't have time to test it correctly now, but this is the result of my modifications in the script file. Needless to say that you need the modd instaled first, and then copy and past script file in game folder...

I'll do a more closer check when I do my nightly gaming tonight, but other than one spot that I think you wanted colour, doesn't have colour, but otherwise, close enough, and still works, the important thing. Thank you for this.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019

Yeah, played through it, no problems here. Thank you once again for doing this. Greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: GermanioBR

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
So, just to clarify, for goofs like me...

Download the 0.4 base game, download and install the mod for version 0.3.5, then overwrite the 0.3.5 mod's script.rpy file with GermanioBR's script.rpy file?

Reactions: Seriosha