Unreal Engine Abandoned Envoy of Folly: That time I got reincarnated but stayed a chump [v0.1 Alpha] [Hedgecog games]

Oct 2, 2018
I have "Shadow of Mordor" as point of reference for combat, so all good. It's already in code for attack types to be: standard, combo (hold block to defend, can't dodge), heavy (can't parry, can dodge away, can interrupt with kick). Same goes for distant attackers.

View attachment 2255203 Who said they're not alive still? :WeSmart:
haven't played shadow of mordor, i see the similarities in combat with spidey/batman also assasin creed but yeah thats that
for bossfight you should take references from FromSoftware games such dark souls series, elden ring but keep in mind for the difficulty to not be too harsh

i saw the tiddies spoiler, i know it's not in priority but the pubic hair needs some rework XD also make the girls nipple more visible for example the green girl make her nipple a bit more dark green, and make the other girls nipple a bit bigger

Last edited:

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
OMG did you mean the 5 apostles girls are not from this ?

are the demon lords females ? YES PLEASE
Yep, in exam material it's said that when Goddess appeared she brought 5 apostles. And back then connection between magical abilities and physique was a lot stronger. So someday you'd meet them. If I'm still alive at that point.

And priority is a big concern for me. Right now, sadly, it's growing another imaginary friend from marketing team. Seems like I have to WASTE time at making uncultured version for Itch and gamejolt for reaching more people. Don't worry for F95 - it won't even have the link for that blasphemy.
(Also nipples are darker in textures, it's just Unreal Engine being an ass and I was too lazy to fix it.)

Reactions: Average Coomer

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
haven't played shadow of mordor, i see the similarities in combat with spidey/batman

keep in mind for the difficulty to not be too harsh
Shadow of Mordor, Batman and new Spiderman games are all basically the same genre when it comes to combat, they are kind of beat 'em up games (morder is a bit different than spidery/bats but close enough) these types of games tend to have a challenging combat, I actually hope dev keeps it slightly challenging at medium and higher difficulty levels (assuming the game will have them), a noob friendly easy difficulty can be always added too for those that don't like combat of this kind.

Looking forward to sexual content, especially with the green short stack, hopefully we'll see some belly bulging from MCs dick :sneaky:

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Will you look at that! Cumbat! with swords, shields and shit! Works almost as it suppose to work, except a few AI and bug issues. But now I can get to mapmaking and dialogue writing.

ZmaZ

Jun 29, 2018
I think basic move should be inciuded 3 strike. Will new move added in the future for extending basic combat moves

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
I think basic move should be inciuded 3 strike. Will new move added in the future for extending basic combat moves
Sure. I also made it quite easy for myself to add it. Basically all I need to do is make an animation. Then, place a reference for it in any other animation.
However - it is "cosmetic" so low priority for now. Making it takes time.

Oct 2, 2018
Will you look at that! Cumbat! with swords, shields and shit! Works almost as it suppose to work, except a few AI and bug issues. But now I can get to mapmaking and dialogue writing.

Nice, what i feel lacking maybe an execution type of move when they are in low health or exposed weakness like in sekiro and when in midair can we grab and stomp the enemies to have a faster landing
I don't know if it's just me but the battle music feels unfitting especially the piano instrument felt out of place

Last edited:

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Nice, what i feel lacking maybe an execution type of move when they are in low health or exposed weakness like in sekiro and when in midair can we grab and stomp the enemies to have a faster landing
I don't know if it's just me but the battle music feels unfitting especially the piano instrument felt out of place
Enemy finisher for low health is good and I will add it eventually, reason is - I don't want you to do an extra attack after enemy is dead. Not for 0.2 thou. After all there is already low health detector with beating stunned enemy - why not use it more?

I forgot to show a few attacks, sadly. There is no midair stomp but there is a kick that sends enemy fly far away. There is enough combat mechanics for now. I will go crazy when protagonist start unlocking advanced magic, basically making that game overloaded with fighting abilities.

As for music - I have no ability to make it so I have to do with what I bought or found free to use in games. Or else music right holders will use all the twisted henti tags on my ass.

Reactions: Average Coomer

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021

I hope those sequence delays are bugs and not features.
Definitely needs to be a bit faster and smoother or i'll fall a sleep. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
I hope those sequence delays are bugs and not features.
Definitely needs to be a bit faster and smoother or i'll fall a sleep. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I'd prefer to balance a game so it would still be playable despite possible bugs in AI or gameplay. Because if game made to be hard and have bugs that can lead to your death - game becomes unplayable trash... or maybe just remove all tags and place one big "GAMEPLAY MASOCHIST"... hmmm.:LUL:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'd prefer to balance a game so it would still be playable despite possible bugs in AI or gameplay. Because if game made to be hard and have bugs that can lead to your death - game becomes unplayable trash... or maybe just remove all tags and place one big "GAMEPLAY MASOCHIST"... hmmm.:LUL:
You probably misunderstood me.
What i meant is that the hits with the weapon and ability execution speed of the main character is too slow. Jumping also slow.
The mobs seem fine, although i'd probably give them some fast abilities too, maybe not deadly abilities but enough to surprise the player a little. Since they do look like ninjas speed should be priority for them, i think. :whistle::coffee:

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
You probably misunderstood me.
What i meant is that the hits with the weapon and ability execution speed of the main character is too slow. Jumping also slow.
The mobs seem fine, although i'd probably give them some fast abilities too, maybe not deadly abilities but enough to surprise the player a little. Since they do look like ninjas speed should be priority for them, i think. :whistle::coffee:

Ah this. It's a slow-mo most of the time. Notice that everything slows down when those things are happening. Except the basic attack - I need to make new animations for it, and more that two variants.

As for any other things - let's wait 3-4 days. If you'd like you will be able to give me feedback based on first hands experience, not a video.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Yup that slow-mo stuff is annoying, it's not the first time i see it in games.
Like you know, doing a jump and then going to the kitchen to cook dinner, eating it, coming back, and realizing that your character still hasn't landed on the ground lmao. (jk) :ROFLMAO::coffee:

If you'd like you will be able to give me feedback based on first hands experience, not a video.
It's fine, you seem to know your stuff, and i'm also busy with some other games and even half-read manga.
I'll leave the playtesting to others and stick to just videos for now. :giggle::coffee: