• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 20 Votes

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
I sent every single scout to the cave to see the new animation. Thats what this game needs! More animations! I love the idea of not camping at night and getting a unique animation. I know its a pain to ask for, as you made a post about it before saying it was high effort. I think its brilliant! Thank you!

Reactions: GreenPotato

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
Also, any chance caves could be made a bit brighter? Can't see jack shit View attachment 3403607
Yeah, visibility is bad, but I assume it's on purpose so later mons can have a "light" tag or something so you can see shit. But until these presumably planned mons are in, having nights and caves be a tad more bright would be nice.

Outside of that, glad to hear the dev is OK. I almost assumed the famous H-dev curse struck with anemia, retina detachment or some other gruesome things I've heard to promising devs happen in the past.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
CarHighWayPromo.png
PlainstilesPromo.png

Part of the reason the plains level is taking so long is the sheer number of tiles and assets I am having to create for it, some represented here. See the setting; The GAIAN CRATER was created when a meteor slammed into the surface of the Gaian continent long ago, it scraped the earth as it came in, giving the world map a teardrop shape (eventually will be show in art). BASICALLY the forest gives way to the plains, which gives way to the surrounding desert meaning I had to create two new sets of tiles plains AND the desert (as well as some new rocks). BUT the actual problem was the highway. In the before time, before monsters fucked basically, the Crater was settled by humans and had a town and two little resorts in it. The HIGHWAY into the crater needed tiles too, which aren't even properly weathered looking (yet). I had to get started on the horrifying amount of assets needed to begin representing modern life, but post-apocalyptic. I needed discarded tires as obstacles clutter (not seen here) and other hard objects, but I also needed a couple broken down cars. Being a clever boy I made one clean car then copy pasted it, effortlessly recoloring its painted bits. I kept the clean version of the cars (I'll be releasing most of the assets for the game under CC0 eventually) and then created some nasty grime/rust to layer over a desaturated fleet. In the future everyone who drove a car drove a hatchback as god intended. Also no one abandoned or left their cars behind facing vertically but away from the camera because of a coincidence.

ratdotoking

Jan 11, 2019
View attachment 3430840
View attachment 3430841

Part of the reason the plains level is taking so long is the sheer number of tiles and assets I am having to create for it, some represented here. See the setting; The GAIAN CRATER was created when a meteor slammed into the surface of the Gaian continent long ago, it scraped the earth as it came in, giving the world map a teardrop shape (eventually will be show in art). BASICALLY the forest gives way to the plains, which gives way to the surrounding desert meaning I had to create two new sets of tiles plains AND the desert (as well as some new rocks). BUT the actual problem was the highway. In the before time, before monsters fucked basically, the Crater was settled by humans and had a town and two little resorts in it. The HIGHWAY into the crater needed tiles too, which aren't even properly weathered looking (yet). I had to get started on the horrifying amount of assets needed to begin representing modern life, but post-apocalyptic. I needed discarded tires as obstacles clutter (not seen here) and other hard objects, but I also needed a couple broken down cars. Being a clever boy I made one clean car then copy pasted it, effortlessly recoloring its painted bits. I kept the clean version of the cars (I'll be releasing most of the assets for the game under CC0 eventually) and then created some nasty grime/rust to layer over a desaturated fleet. In the future everyone who drove a car drove a hatchback as god intended. Also no one abandoned or left their cars behind facing vertically but away from the camera because of a coincidence.
Yep, when players get a new update from an erotic game dev but there's no new "content" they often go ape, but don't realize how time-consuming it is to create the assets like maps, character sprites, etc, that set the game apart to begin with.

There may come a time where you may feel rushed/pressured to ignore/sideline certain stuff to keep up with patrons' incessant demands, but always remember your initial goals, don't let yourself be swept away!

Cheers!

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
Part of the reason the plains level is taking so long is the sheer number of tiles and assets I am having to create for it, some represented here.
Yep, that's normal. Good on you for not skimping out on the different tiles because of the workload, you could've just rewritten the lore instead and save yourself the trouble. As much as players want new content, "little things" like varied environments
still contribute to the overall enjoyment, just in a less direct way.

I also heavily object to the lack of pickup trucks. If there's a vehicle that god demands everyone should use, it's one with proper storage capabilities.

Reactions: Invader Incubus

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
View attachment 3430840
View attachment 3430841

But will we be able to push the truck to get to the Mew hidden underneath?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GreenPotato

Orckingdom28

May 2, 2018
are there only 3 zones currently? Following the road does't seem to lead out of the forrests.
Also - any way of getting evolution stones? pretty sure i cleared out the 3 starting areas and i'm still lakcing fire stones

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Update today or tomorrow.

are there only 3 zones currently? Following the road does't seem to lead out of the forrests.
Also - any way of getting evolution stones? pretty sure i cleared out the 3 starting areas and i'm still lakcing fire stones
I said I wouldn't do another huge level and then I made this...
1711952962755.png

Next months vote:
AprilMonsterVotePromo.png
That's gonna be tight IMO. I hope everyone enjoyed loads of fat monster girls (I certainly do) because WIND will be bringing the JUSTICE.
38 Redpin.png

Last edited:

ratdotoking

Jan 11, 2019
Update today or tomorrow.

I said I wouldn't do another huge level and then I made this...
View attachment 3498272

Next months vote:
View attachment 3498274
That's gonna be tight IMO. I hop everyone enjoyed loads of fat monster girls (I certainly do) because WIND will be bringing the JUSTICE.
View attachment 3498277
Keep up the amazing work, sir! (Or take a break if you feel like you need to, no need to kill yourself over the game)
Just never let the naysayers get to you!

Anonymouse7476754

Jul 24, 2023
3.00 star(s) 20 Votes