• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

bobdango

Dec 25, 2020
I can't say I like when I see things from a third parties perspective when a mystery is trying to be set up. It makes me feel disconnected from the protagonist that I am supposed to be.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I can't say I like when I see things from a third parties perspective when a mystery is trying to be set up. It makes me feel disconnected from the protagonist that I am supposed to be.
It’s just a different way of narration that was invented and still exist in current medias.
From Agatha Christie’s books to nowadays thrillers.
If you don’t like it, it’s fine, but it’s still a good way to narrate a story.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Oh god... The CGs are good, and the story potentially interesting, but haven't seen so heavy writing since a long time.

Having a strong lore is never a bad thing, but drowning the player with it before he even know what the story is, or even what this lore mean or imply, it's such a big "no". The lore is supposed to serve as background, not to be the sole purpose of the first 20 minutes (perhaps even a bit more) of the story.
It's not even a question of "show Vs tell", but of pure relevancy. 80% of what we learn about the lore is purely useless the moment it's told to us, and will be totally forgot when it will become relevant, if it ever become relevant.

It’s just a different way of narration that was invented and still exist in current medias.
From Agatha Christie’s books to nowadays thrillers.
I don't remember that Agatha Christie wrote stories where a third of the content where the main character's inner thoughts. I don't even remember her having wrote a single inner thought ; precisely because she mostly wrote from a third person point of view, while inner thoughts only apply to a first person POV writing.

And it's the second issue I have with this game. It's wrote from a first person POV, while too often jumping from a first person view, to a second third person view centered on the MC. A third person view isn't an issue by itself, but in such case the player expect the CGs to show what is relevant, not to focus on the MC as if he was the main LI in the game.

Personally I'll wait to see a "restarted" in the title before coming back to that game.
The story feel interesting, and there's a clear attempt to build something coherent, but there's a real issue with the realization.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
the youtube videos on his patreon are gone(removed by user it says) and this isnt listed on his itch page so.... doesnt look good

then again nothing on his patreon page at all since sept 2023 so REALLY not lookin good

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes