Rickarus

Nov 24, 2019
in your mind maybe or for you...
I never played with the Dark mind patch and I enjoyed it...

again... in your mind...
To be fair, I do think that the majority of the fans of this game were here specifically for the Dark Mind patch content. That was the primary draw of the game, and obviously the way the game was "intended" to be played.

That's not to say it had to be for everyone, but it really cannot be denied that this game got the following it did explicitly because of the multiple niches it catered to at a time that - at least when it was initially being made - those niches were not all being filled in a way that satisfied many people. This game did, until Blue stopped working on it, and then other games came and filled in the gaps.

And oddly enough, now some of those niches are becoming more barren or are not being given satisfying results again in the last year or so, bringing us closer to a situation like we were when Ecchi Sensei first started releasing.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
To be fair, I do think that the majority of the fans of this game were here specifically for the Dark Mind patch content. That was the primary draw of the game, and obviously the way the game was "intended" to be played.
"To be fair, I do think that the majority"
you can think whatever you want, but just because you think it doesn't mean it's the truth
That's not to say it had to be for everyone, but it really cannot be denied that this game got the following it did explicitly because
why it can't be denied? on what do you base this ?
seems to me like you think you're talking because of some study made or a piece of tangible proof but so far all I've read from people claiming this game is X or Y or whatever is.... their own opinions and nothing much .. and in a few cases a few opinions that agreed with each other...

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
"To be fair, I do think that the majority"
you can think whatever you want, but just because you think it doesn't mean it's the truth

why it can't be denied? on what do you base this ?
seems to me like you think you're talking because of some study made or a piece of tangible proof but so far all I've read from people claiming this game is X or Y or whatever is.... their own opinions and nothing much .. and in a few cases a few opinions that agreed with each other...
Because nothing made the game stand out except for the dark mind content. At the time, games where you were working as a high school teacher and conveniently no other men existed were coming out constantly. But the dark mind patch that enabled l*li and incest content is why this game got such a high following so quickly. Add in the fact that it was supposed to be like 1000 hours long and that's what made it unique.

Everything else, especially the graphics, were extremely low quality. Almost all of the gameplay features didn't work, there were bugs everywhere, the models looked like it was made 10 years in the past, and I'm certain I remember even the save system being broken too. The music player was a lesson in anger management. It was clear that it was made by someone who didn't know what they were doing, which is why many people could do a better job with it. Dukez proved that to be true.

TLDR: The dark mind content is what made the game exciting for most people.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Well if nothing else(and I assume its okay to talk about it now since the game is absolutely dead),the Dark Mind patch was popular enough that they had planned a Darker Dark Mind patch only available to their inner circle.
If you remember one specific scene which errupted in an outcry of busy bodies,despite the content already present in the Dark Mind patch,that was subsequently removed you can take a guess what that patch was supposed to contain.

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
I see people keep chiming in with their opinions and not with palpable evidence...
lets not forget LMAO!
We know you always like to be right or have the last word, but sometimes it's okay to 'agree to disagree' and move on. A thing an adult usually learns to a child.
It's something I have noticed a lot with the 'eldies' (more than 3000-5000 posts) around here actually. If you never change your opinion you are ever wrong.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
We know you always like to be right or have the last word, but sometimes it's okay to 'agree to disagree' and move on. A thing an adult usually learns to a child.
It's something I have noticed a lot with the 'eldies' (more than 3000-5000 posts) around here actually. If you never change your opinion you are ever wrong.
right... another opinion ,..this one not even trying to prove something ..just condescending

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
right... another opinion ,..this one not even trying to prove something ..just condescending
How would you expect them to prove it? And on the flip side how can you prove that people weren't playing the normal version more than the dark mind version?

I'll give you a small sample size though. The merge I created had the DM patch split out as a separate download and yet DM patch for my merge has a 99.9% download rate, only one person who downloaded the normal version of the game didn't download the DM Patch too.

You can go find my links for these downloads to check since it shows how many times they were downloaded, but I think that's pretty indicative of how popular the DM patch is.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
How would you expect them to prove it? And on the flip side how can you prove that people weren't playing the normal version more than the dark mind version?

I'll give you a small sample size though. The merge I created had the DM patch split out as a separate download and yet DM patch for my merge has a 99.9% download rate, only one person who downloaded the normal version of the game didn't download the DM Patch too.

You can go find my links for these downloads to check since it shows how many times they were downloaded, but I think that's pretty indicative of how popular the DM patch is.
This game is pretty mediocre in nearly every way, except a true Psychopath as the MC. With out the DM patch, it would be a waste of time, and a waste of an evil MC. ;)

Reactions: blastwave2k

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to search this numbers and share them, although it should have been unnecessary.
Some people just don't know when to stop. ;)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
BlueCat also just deletes any message on the discord that says it's abandoned. He never gives updates, nothing. This game is as dead as a doornail. and that's a shame. I loved this game.
Maybe google translate should be used and post into the german channel on discord, since he does seem to reply more in there. Talk in his native language, lol.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Bluecat before moving to Japan: Moving to Japan will give me inspiration and I'll be able to work on and expand the project even more.
Bluecat after moving to Japan: Haha sike, I'm never working on it again.
Got trapped in a maid cafe, I guess

Reactions: Don86
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes