TheNR

Apr 24, 2018
Too bad it's become abandoned. The game was entertaining except the mc was way too perfect for a living human. I don't even remember at this point which day was the last one back when I played it, but oh well. I hoped to be able to play the story a bit more, but I'm not sure it's worth it, sadly.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
That was the assumed thought for years. Turns out that's not completely the case and is a symptom of the aforementioned refusal to be transparent or communicate with anyone that is not a sycophant.

Abandoned means he has no intention or desire to work on it, on hold means he cant work on it or cant work on it in a way he wants too. look I munch popcorn and laugh to blue cats bs as much as anyone else but even i have been forced to acknowledge that BC WANTS to work on ES he just does not want to do what people want him to do and he does not want to learn the skills to do what he wants to do or use the builds others have made for him to get the merge in the rear view.

Perhaps he also wants to grift money its almost imposable to say he has not intentionally, or unintentionally done so at this point. However I can not say he has no desire or intention to do something with ES, Recent communications say otherwise.

As the great Kain once said. "Hate me, but do it honestly." a quote which has had a profound effect on my life and how I think of those i dislike and why.
Wouldn't "on hold" require him to say something like "I'm pausing development on the game", though?

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I disagree with this personally. I think he had abandoned it and has zero intentions on ever finishing it.

What actions has he shown to think his still actually working on it? Words? Words aren't actions, they're just words. The last time he showed something it was a random Day 4 script from what I can remember - hardly proof of anything. He hasn't shown anything since then and I even offered to look over what his done but he also didn't respond to any part of my message after he finally contacted me - not a word.

It's been how many years since he started this merge thing and it still hasn't gotten done? Coders abandoning it or not - BlueCat himself as abandoned the game. I did it in a month, those same "problems" he mentioned about coders having different styles - That didn't stop me and I knew nothing about renpy's coding or anything.

In fact, I merged the game twice, from scratch both times (I didn't have the first merge files anymore and had completely forgotten stuff I did :KEK: ) but the second time was way better than the first since I changed a lot of shit around to make it more consistent and actually tried fixing the features on the second go around which I didn't do the first time.

Point is, it should be done. There is no logical, sensible reason or excuse a human being could come up with let alone BlueCat to explain why it hasn't gotten done after all these years. I would say prove me wrong, but it's been years - we've all been proven right.

It should be done. It's not. It's never getting done. It's abandoned.

(P.S I still like the game though, obviously)
Now I'm wondering what would it take to peer pressure you into doing Ecchi Sensei without BlueCat's involvement in it... Thoughts for the toilet...

Reactions: Hextorr

srevdar

Oct 31, 2020
I don't think the scope even needs to be scaled back, the dev just needs to work on it. It's just that simple. Notice how his shown no new pictures or anything in years at this point? Because he hasn't worked on it. The "code" part of the game is by far the fastest part of the game to make all things considered.

If I could merge the game in like a month or however long it took me, with how long this game has been on haitus now I could've easily remade the entire game, images and all.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me at all if BlueCat was also Marche (I think that's their name) and just making that game instead since it's got a pretty similar vibe, and they're both german too I think. That's conspiracy land though.
Interested to know the name of the game you mentioned. Similar vibe could be something I'm interested in :)

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Nope, nothings changed and it never will change. Personally I actually prefer the developers that just vanish from existence over the ones that pretend that they're working on it, and aren't. At least there's hope that they can come back from whatever random hiatus they went on. Then you have developers like bluecat, that milk every cent out of their long dead project.

It is sad how sometimes it's the games with the highest potential that don't make it. There's a few games from the past year or two that have been abandoned, and they all should have been top games on this website. Shame.

Reactions: pgm_01

chrismanlol00

Apr 17, 2021
What's the deal with the downloads? Has nobody noticed that the days are messed up? There are four downloads total. First one is the first week, the second download is days 8-14. This is the problem. The third download is supposed to be days 15-21, but when you press on any of the links it clearly says days 20-21, and ingame it shows that it's only days 20-21. So days 15-19 are missing?

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
each download its represents a full week ingame. What is messed up are the file names and the devs sense of naming the files. days 15-19 are included in that link that says days 20-21.

how, the f*, is this thread still so active???????????:poop::poop:(n):unsure:

if it says [abandon], than do as it says and abandon it.

its as simple as that. bickering here is a total waste of time since years ago.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
each download its represents a full week ingame. What is messed up are the file names and the devs sense of naming the files. days 15-19 are included in that link that says days 20-21.

Even this abandoned thread is more alive than the game itself. Certainly more entertaining than the game has been in quite some time. It's earned it's place staying around a little longer :LUL:

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020

You must be fun at parties.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It was a total pity what happened to this game. It seemed to me it was quite successful in numbers so why the hell they stopped was a total waste.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes