Others - Completed - Dusk Railway [AlexProject]

1. 3.00 star(s)

fantasmic

Playtime: 20 minutes

If I had paid money for Dusk Railway expecting a full game I would be disappointed. But I didn't so I'm not. If this project were "v0.2 [Abandoned]" or an inexpensive prototype to a full game I think people would be more into it since the system introduced would be quite solid in a slg. With some refining, of course. There's some dress-up, but it's only +/- glasses and choosing between socks or stockings. The game is about earning money to avoid some undesirable fate, but you'll only lose on purpose since there are always customers. There's no clear goal, but eventually the game stops and the protagonist goes "I always told myself I'd only do this until I had 100k so I'm stopping now." We don't know why she's stopping... or even really why she started since any part-time job would've covered her rent.
    A significant mark against DR is the economy. Most stuff is reasonably priced, but for some reason it's easy to find Johns willing to pay 40/50k for a session when they could pay half that at a brothel. Money is never a problem, but there also isn't really anything to spend it on.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

lordofthewhales

Realized I'd voiced my opinions on this game in the thread a couple times, but never put down a formal review, so here we go.

This game has the depth of a bedpan. There are two sex positions and three different possible customers (or three and two? Either way, that's where "Six animations" comes from, but it amounts to basically zero content). The money system is so absurdly generous that it may as well not exist. The description suggests we "be careful" and "make our decision", but the absolute lack of meaningful ingame systems mean that the only thing to "be careful" of is wasting hard disk space on this piece of crap, and the only "decision" you'll make if you do is to remove it from your system.

Yes, the art in the preview is beautiful. If you've scrolled through the preview images, congratulations - you've just seen everything the game has to offer, and using your mouse skills to click the arrow to scroll through the gallery was likely a far more meaningful and rewarding way to experience the content than this dungheap of a "game". The pretty art is ultimately an investment by the developer that allows them to scam people into buying this otherwise worthless product. If you go on DLSite, you'll see they try to sell this for $15. Even having paid nothing for it, I still want a refund.

If you look in the thread, you'll see my first post about this game was May of 2019. I have not played the game since. It was such a bad game that it has left a lasting impression on me to this day, even after the loads of games (both good and bad) I've played here. It's actually THAT bad.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ilovenudemods

So much potential with the theme, but as others say, not enough content to make it worth it. Would love to see a dev take this idea and really go for it. It could be quite the experience if done right! This game though...meh. 2/5.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Ialdabaoth

Dusk Railway is basically an "enjo kousai" or compensated dating simulator wherein the heroine is basically a high school prostitute who is trying to make ends meet using her body.

Not exactly the most original of motives, but it does happen iRL so who am I to judge.

Gameplay - it's simple enough, whenever you select a client, multiple things are highlighted under their offers sometimes, showing how they do things, what they don't like or in some cases, they don't want straight up sex.

One thing you will have to manage though is your HP and SP, of both which are depleted every time you do the deed (except for the Cameraman status). You also need to manage your pregnancy meter, otherwise you risk a game over via preggers.

Music - it's servicable, nothing noteworthy, moving on

Graphics - it does the job, the girl looks pretty, the animations are decent enough, again, nothing mind blowing.

Overall, it's just an average game for me. Getting the endings requires some experimentation to get (like the Despair Ending), but maintaining your cash flow is laughably easy that it's almost impossible to lose unless you're doing it on purpose. The game also doesn't seem to have a time limit as I passed 100+ days are there seems to be no consequences whatsoever.

So yeah, 3 stars outta 5 for me.