Others Completed Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal [Final] [AQUAPLUS]

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
will i miss some thing if i didnt play the first game or the order dungeon traveler 2?
There are actually three Dungeon Travelers games:
-To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers
-Dungeon Travelers 2 The Royal Library & The Monster Seal (this game)
-Dungeon Travelers 2-2 The Fallen Maidens & The Book of Beginnings

To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers was the first game and it never localized to the West and has completely separate story/characters to Dungeon Travelers 2.
It was the dungeon crawler version in fantasy setting of visual novel "To Heart 2" since all heroines in the first Dungeon Travelers game are from "To Heart 2" itself, even MC.
So the first game's story was about "To Heart 2" characters are trapped in the game they are playing using the computer in their school's lab, much like SAO.

Dungeon Travelers 2 (this game) has completely different settings to the first game, different MC and heroines and different world so its story is completely unrelated to the first game. This game also has DLC characters which are the "To Heart 2" girls from the first game, however they have no involvement in the story.

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 takes place in the same world as Dungeon Travelers 2 and is the sequel to Dungeon Travelers 2, which takes event after MC and his group of heroines fighting the final boss in Dungeon Travelers 2. Highly recommended to play DT2 first before this one as most of characters in DT2-2 return from DT2 and even MC is still the same person although in different state. This one also introduces couple of new mechanics that wasn't in DT2, like being able to change heroines' costumes at will regardless of their current class, hire mercenaries to help you in dungeon and so on. Lots of things were improved from DT2 like key items and grand sealbooks no longer take regular inventory space, some new skills added in certain class that wasn't in DT2.

Only the second and the third game released on PC.

Last edited:

MKDude

Jun 9, 2017
Still politely waiting for the 2-2 thread. I actually got the platinum on this game for the Vita. It took a little bit.

spech231

Mar 14, 2020
I remember playing this on vita years ago back in college. It's a very fun wizardry-style DRPG, especially once you get into the late game and start playing around with advanced classes like the Mahou Shoujo one that triples as your tank/black mage/white mage. The maid and bard classes are also pretty unique and I haven't played a game with support roles done in a similar way.

That being said, DRPGs, more specifically wizardry-style ones, are niche. The gameplay isn't something that appeals to everyone. They're like movies that are cult classics, shit to most but have a dedicated core audience that loves them.

Btw, if anyone wants a DRPG with sex, go checkout Lilipalace and Lilitales. I highly enjoyed those two games as well, and Lilitales really has some nice scenarios.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
There are actually three Dungeon Travelers games:
-To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers
-Dungeon Travelers 2 The Royal Library & The Monster Seal (this game)
-Dungeon Travelers 2-2 The Fallen Maidens & The Book of Beginnings

To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers was the first game and it never localized to the West and has completely separate story/characters to Dungeon Travelers 2.
It was the dungeon crawler version in fantasy setting of visual novel "To Heart 2" since all heroines in the first Dungeon Travelers game are from "To Heart 2" itself, even MC.
So the first game's story was about "To Heart 2" characters are trapped in the game they are playing using the computer in their school's lab, much like SAO.

Dungeon Travelers 2 (this game) has completely different settings to the first game, different MC and heroines and different world so its story is completely unrelated to the first game. This game also has DLC characters which are the "To Heart 2" girls from the first game, however they have no involvement in the story.

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 takes place in the same world as Dungeon Travelers 2 and is the sequel to Dungeon Travelers 2, which takes event after MC and his group of heroines fighting the final boss in Dungeon Travelers 2. Highly recommended to play DT2 first before this one as most of characters in DT2-2 return from DT2 and even MC is still the same person although in different state. This one also introduces couple of new mechanics that wasn't in DT2, like being able to change heroines' costumes at will regardless of their current class, hire mercenaries to help you in dungeon and so on. Lots of things were improved from DT2 like key items and grand sealbooks no longer take regular inventory space, some new skills added in certain class that wasn't in DT2.

Only the second and the third game released on PC.
DT1/ToHeart2 is getting released later this year, too. Globally. And hopefully not just on Johren, if they can figure out a better place with less cancerous DRM (hopefully WITHOUT any DRM whatsoever, at that).

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
DT1/ToHeart2 is getting released later this year, too. Globally. And hopefully not just on Johren, if they can figure out a better place with less cancerous DRM (hopefully WITHOUT any DRM whatsoever, at that).
Sorry if this is silly question.
What is DRM? And what is DRM abbreviated for?
I have been hearing about DRM this DRM that but I had no idea what it means. Something like publisher? Like Kagura Games?

I played the first game in PSP version. It was sure the least polished game even compared to DT2 PSP version.
-inventory limit was only 20 instead of 30
-no reset level checkpoint (level reset always all the way to level 1, not even lv15/30/50 checkpoint). DT2 PSP only lacks lv90 checkpoint compared to its Vita/PC version
-more girls but none of them has Spieler class, even as DT2 DLC character only one DT1 girl is Spieler.
-accessory and sealbook share the same slot so characters can only equip one of them.

In each game you always begin with two starter girls; a Fighter and a Magic User.

Shintomi

Apr 5, 2017
Sorry if this is silly question.
What is DRM? And what is DRM abbreviated for?
I have been hearing about DRM this DRM that but I had no idea what it means. Something like publisher? Like Kagura Games?

Put simply, it's a tool used by some publishers to limit free sharing of content. In the case of Dungeon Travellers 2, there's DRM tied to your purchase through the current distributor. The version posted here has a patch that removes that check, allowing you to just play the game. Lots of AAA games use DRM as a way to prevent piracy, but most games we play on here are from smaller developers, so it's usually not necessary.

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
My first DRPG with H content was Sakura Dungeon and followed by Demon Master Chris. Both games have female MC. I also remember one more H DRPG but forget the title and all I remember was it has faceless MC named Leonard.

So what is the name of that DRPG with mahou shoujo style?
I remember playing this on vita years ago back in college. It's a very fun wizardry-style DRPG, especially once you get into the late game and start playing around with advanced classes like the Mahou Shoujo one that triples as your tank/black mage/white mage. The maid and bard classes are also pretty unique and I haven't played a game with support roles done in a similar way.

That being said, DRPGs, more specifically wizardry-style ones, are niche. The gameplay isn't something that appeals to everyone. They're like movies that are cult classics, shit to most but have a dedicated core audience that loves them.

Btw, if anyone wants a DRPG with sex, go checkout Lilipalace and Lilitales. I highly enjoyed those two games as well, and Lilitales really has some nice scenarios.

Last edited:

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018

Put simply, it's a tool used by some publishers to limit free sharing of content. In the case of Dungeon Travellers 2, there's DRM tied to your purchase through the current distributor. The version posted here has a patch that removes that check, allowing you to just play the game. Lots of AAA games use DRM as a way to prevent piracy, but most games we play on here are from smaller developers, so it's usually not necessary.
Small developer...in that case DT2 is not from small developer cuz it was originally console game.

BTW this game doesn't come with DLC, right? In that case, I'd kindly share the DLC here.

I first found it when I was already done with the main story, entering the post-game. Even on the site I originally got the game from (IGG) it also has no DLC.
The DLC enables you to play DT1 characters and it also grants two accessories; one boosts EXP gain and the other boosts item drop rate.

Last edited:

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017

okay they looks similar. im sorry for saying that the first girl is the librarian
EDIT: the librarian grew up after to heart 2 huh

Noctycula

Jun 2, 2018
Does someone know where the save files are? I want to copy ot over to my Steamdeck from my windows pc.