VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Managed to get the latest CE version (it's V.072 patched edition). Don't know as to what the patch entails (especially since I hadn't played the CE version from the last update).

Instead of working on the game we get more crap to download with the ce version of the game.
ce1.jpg ce2.jpg ce3.jpg ce4.jpg

I said it before and I will say it again Dev needs to work on the game first then work on this crap.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
So we customize everyone? Thats really cool but like you said he should focus on the story first.
No its just a proof of concept and dev is looking for other dev to join team. dev is waisting time on this when dev should be working on the game, game content = happy Patreon payers. Extra carp that takes away form the game content = less content in the game play.
At least 15 scenes are in this CE content which = 15 less for the game play.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Instead of working on the game we get more crap to download with the ce version of the game.
View attachment 26712 View attachment 26713 View attachment 26714 View attachment 26715

I said it before and I will say it again Dev needs to work on the game first then work on this crap.
based on what i see from others game peoples opinion, i think i m gonna abandon this game super soon...
i mean, wtf is wrong with peoples these days, they kind of like some ugly configuration.. i mean, gosh, look at SS , it was great, but now it turn into oversized ugly boobs girls.

if it still stay with nice firm boobs, i m in, overwise, i run away lol

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
based on what i see from others game peoples opinion, i think i m gonna abandon this game super soon...
i mean, wtf is wrong with peoples these days, they kind of like some ugly configuration.. i mean, gosh, look at SS , it was great, but now it turn into oversized ugly boobs girls.

if it still stay with nice firm boobs, i m in, overwise, i run away lol
From what I gather from this CE build is that the dev wants to bring in customizing bodies and hair, this stuff needs to come in at the end of the game and not now.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
From what I gather from this CE build is that the dev wants to bring in customizing bodies and hair, this stuff needs to come in at the end of the game and not now.
I think its a cool idea, that you can change their hair/bodies/clothes what ever. But this is the wrong time for that, there is hardly any content in the game. The Son's story is a mess with missing scenes and context that make no sense. Dads route has more meat but its just that, its just more of "nothing" really.

Like you said, this stuff needs to come close at the end or after the game is done. What he should have done is, end the game at v1.0 and call it Chapter 1, and after he done that. He can go back and add in this stuff, but dont do it while you are in the middle of production. It makes the dev look like he doesn't know where he's supposed to go with the game so he's trying to buy time with doing all this other jazz.

We already had a remaster of the game, and then all this other stuff.
Maybe he should just make a dress up game instead. Its seems to be what he wants to do.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Gumdrop has nice ideas for the game, but I think his biggest flaw as a game designer is his tendency to get lost in the details.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I used to like this game before, but more and more I'm disliking this split path (son/father). I just wish you would only play with the son or the father, because if that was the case, the amount of time and resources not going for an extra story line, this game would be way ahead from what it is now.

MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
How is the son content on this now? I remember the update on the trip was pure father content. Is it better now?

May 7, 2017
@MrXV in regards to the son's story it is somewhat developed as of now, in terms of story progression (meaning, idle chat in a non-happening day) not relationship development, but the son's path is still missing the shopping scene with the mother.

P.S: At least he is not dreaming nor daydreaming this update.
TL;DR: You are not missing much in the son's story, just some exposition.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes