VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

punisher696

Jul 3, 2017
No, I responded to your comment because you implied that *no one* (hence your use of the wrong term 'we') likes a game that has any sort of build-up before sex and that people don't care about the look of a game, i.e. the renders, so upgrading the look of a game is useless. Look at Big Brother if you want to see a game that has both a slow build-up and decent renders (although his angles sorta suck), and are the prime reasons people rushed to that game, and both of which prety much blow your complaints out of the water. A game with poor quality renders may have great writing, but won't get the fan base that one where the dev pays attention to the look of the game, like Dreams of Desire and BB do.

Oh, and about the "triggering" thing.. This isn't 4chan, and you didn't "trigger" me, but apparently you are a bit thin skinned yourself if someone disagree's with you. Relax, we're all here to play the games, and everyone likes their own thing. Just don't act as if your opinion is the only 'correct' one and you'll fit in well. :)
To be honest my thing is Mother/Son, and with characters that actually look age appropriate, this game did really well in those departments.

I may have been a little harsh with my comments on slow build ups, but would argue that most of the games I'm playing have stalled at the Mother/Son part.... Snowdaze/Dual Family/Man of the house/Thedarkprince(which I know is dead now)/Atownuncovered/Rebuildingmyfamily are all stuck in limbo at the moment..... Only Summertime Saga gives you several M/S scenarios to play.

I'll have to put my rants down to frustration.

Last edited:

wildride

Jul 5, 2017
I guess it could be a dream, looking at the convo after its ambiguous. It could be refering to what happened at night, or the entire day. I mean it starts specifying night but that could simply be talking in the kitchen.

Mom: Last night I..
Son: Do you remember what happened?
Mom: Yes.. I remember all of it. I just want to say thankyou for what you did.
Son: I mean its fine I didnt do that much really.
Mom: You did though. Son You said what I needed to hear. And I appreciate that. I appreciate you. And I didnt express it very well last night but, I really did enjoy our time together. It's been far too long. So thank you son. Thanks for keeping me company and making me feel worthwhile.
Son: Mom its ok I really dont mind. You are valuable to me. I love you mom.

PS there is a secret on the screen during that convo I didnt notice until getting the text. It will highlight when you move your mouse pointer over the object. Honestly didnt notice any of these before so will have to look out for them in future versions of the game.

Reactions: Krull

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I guess it could be a dream, looking at the convo after its ambiguous. It could be refering to what happened at night, or the entire day. I mean it starts specifying night but that could simply be talking in the kitchen.

Mom: Last night I..
Son: Do you remember what happened?
Mom: Yes.. I remember all of it. I just want to say thankyou for what you did.
Son: I mean its fine I didnt do that much really.
Mom: You did though. Son You said what I needed to hear. And I appreciate that. I appreciate you. And I didnt express it very well last night but, I really did enjoy our time together. It's been far too long. So thank you son. Thanks for keeping me company and making me feel worthwhile.
Son: Mom its ok I really dont mind. You are valuable to me. I love you mom.

PS there is a secret on the screen during that convo I didnt notice until getting the text. It will highlight when you move your mouse pointer over the object. Honestly didnt notice any of these before so will have to look out for them in future versions of the game.
"Do you remember what happened?" he is asking because she was drunk in the kitchen. Unless he is referring to doing the dirty deed.
"You said what I needed to hear" refers to that conversation in the kitchen. Unless it's what he said before she banged him.
"I really did enjoy our time together" refers to the previous day's workout session in the garage. Unless she is referring to fucking him.

All kidding aside, when he wakes up in the morning and she is in bed next to him, even he isn't sure if it really happened or it was a dream. But I think the morning conversation makes more sense if it was a dream. Also it makes more sense for the game's progress toward that goal. This game is, as some of you like to complain, blueballing you for months on end, right? So they're not there yet. And the final clue that it was only a dream is that it goes black just as it was getting interesting. ("Blueballing!")

After playing the Father side of the game, you can see why Mom is in Son's bed. In that side of the game, at bedtime the Father's options are Go to Wife's bedroom or Stay in guest bedroom. If he goes to her bed, then when he wakes up in the morning she is not there. He wonders if she left in the middle of the night and questions whether the choice to sleep in her bed was a good idea, or he supposes she just woke up in the morning before him. But we know that she did wake up in the middle of the night and decided she'd rather sleep in Son's bed than next to him. As things progress it's going to be interesting to see how Gumdrop either hides the growing incestual relationships from the other characters or reveals them with subtle clues.

BTW you don't have to Reach higher to get this dream scene. If you Let go instead, then you will wake up in the middle of the night and she will be in bed next to you with options to Touch, Kiss, or Go back to sleep. Apparently you can touch with no consequences (to the remainder of this episode, but perhaps to future episodes?), but if you kiss then you won't get the dream scene and she will not still be in the bed when you wake up, thus you won't have the conversation when she wakes up either. So, Let go is probably the preferred path. And none of this happens if you try to kiss her in the kitchen.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It was obiviously a dream and the morning convo was talking about him comforting her while she was moping about drunk the night before.

Gotta stop spamming that mouse click to skip forward.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
No there is an actual sex scene with the mom as son.

Follow the walkthrough here and where you get the option to go higher do it. If you dont do it right she just lays beside you.
I know and i meant exactly this scene. It was just a dream though, like many people said.

As things progress it's going to be interesting to see how Gumdrop either hides the growing incestual relationships from the other characters or reveals them with subtle clues.
Honestly, i don't think hiding something in this (pretty crazy already) family is very hard. Especially for mom, since she's rarely even talk with father and dislike him (only if you makes choices in his path), or with daughter. The same for father, who only spend time with daughter, and rarely see son. They can do many erotic things with each other sneakily in their routes, all because of their reclusiveness and how disjointed this family already is. But i agree, that all this "finding clues", and how both routes is gonna be connected with each other, is extremely interesting. That shock... and cousin with aunt definitely will spice this things up very nicely.

But we know that she did wake up in the middle of the night and decided she'd rather sleep in Son's bed than next to him.
Sleeping with son, rather than with husband (whom she sick of) isn't weird so far, right?

Last edited:

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
It was obiviously a dream and the morning convo was talking about him comforting her while she was moping about drunk the night before.

Gotta stop spamming that mouse click to skip forward.
And don't forget.. Reading comprehension (of whats said, not what you think was said) is also a good thing! :)

Reactions: Krull and xןʞ

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
COMING SOON - Act I Part V - Shop & Son

Morning, paired with confusion again.
Your mother, the woman that knows that you're troubled but insists you're redeemable.

Perhaps you are. Perhaps the searing, insatiable fire was finally extinguished.

But your struggle is nowhere finished, she's decided to test you once again.

Just shopping, just groceries. What's the worst that could happen?

QfRJE57Ksj2GvrYlFiydROv4lBYDLOi36MDLTNh5a47EiS_2cuVKWqBsYVqK9iwa.png

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes