VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
Thing is also that.
With every month passing by, most pledgers expect even more content to show for it.
(not talking about those couple dozen fanboys and those guys who get a erection only hearing the name Gumdrop).
Talking about those normal pledgers.

If he is going to release a update after well over a year, with a disappointing amount of content.
Well, i really do believe that most people will say.... Bye Bye.

I pledged until the beginning of 2018, and canceled it after another broken promise.

Don't get me wrong.... I used to love this game.
Was among my favorites and payed quite a bit of money for it until i canceled it.
Hell... Even payed double because my wife also pledged to him.

Like somebody above me already said.
Unfortunately what you get isn't always that what you deserve.

Gumdrop deserves only a fraction of what he is getting(not only because of the lack of updates, but also the constant flow of lies and fairytales)..
But i am a big believer of Karma... So i'd like to believe that the universe will get back to him : )

Reactions: fz

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
Some random patreon supporter of Gumdrop meet some random F95 at the bus station.
The second ask. So you support him since 1 year and you wait for his game ?
The first guy. Yhea Gumdrop is the best develloper so i like him i want to support him forever.
And there you can read on the face of the second :WTFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH HFUKKK FUKKKK FUKKKKK LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LOOOLOLOOLLLOOLLLL hihihi

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Some random patreon supporter of Gumdrop meet some random F95 at the bus station.
The second ask. So you support him since 1 year and you wait for his game ?
The first guy. Yhea Gumdrop is the best develloper so i like him i want to support him forever.
And there you can read on the face of the second :WTFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH HFUKKK FUKKKK FUKKKKK LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LOOOLOLOOLLLOOLLLL hihihi
If you think Patreon pledges is is a constant, you are delusional. GD is on a decline, he got less new pledges and more old pledges turning away. Why would someone automatically pledge forever? Doesn't make sense for ANY game. Even for what could be considered a good game with regular updates I wouldn't support for more than a few months. Because if I hardly find it worth buy like a triple A game for 60 bucks, why would I end up pledge more than that for a indy game on Patreon? I don't mind tip the jar for a few months to acknowledge someones effort in return of whatever fun I got out of it.

Anyone here that actually pledge for any creator/game at Patreon for years, month in and out? Hand's up, tell us the name of the game please.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
If you think Patreon pledges is is a constant, you are delusional. GD is on a decline, he got less new pledges and more old pledges turning away. Why would someone automatically pledge forever? Doesn't make sense for ANY game. Even for what could be considered a good game with regular updates I wouldn't support for more than a few months. Because if I hardly find it worth buy like a triple A game for 60 bucks, why would I end up pledge more than that for a indy game on Patreon? I don't mind tip the jar for a few months to acknowledge someones effort in return of whatever fun I got out of it.

Anyone here that actually pledge for any creator/game at Patreon for years, month in and out? Hand's up, tell us the name of the game please.
Raises hand.

TK8000 - 16 months
Beggar of Net - 14 months
MikeMasters - 15 months
Faerin - 14 months

(plus a whole bunch of 6 month'ers)

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017

Icstor for 43 months

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Raises hand.

TK8000 - 16 months
Beggar of Net - 14 months
MikeMasters - 15 months
Faerin - 14 months

(plus a whole bunch of 6 month'ers)
props for actually supporting. and prove what I said you don't buy anything nor subscribe to a service when you support on Patreon. Because no one would buy games that end up cost that much at a upfront cost right?

mdnss86

Feb 1, 2019
ok can someone explain wtf is happening with this game apart from this guy obliviously updating on daily basics different things that are totaly out of the game itself... anybody here can tell me what is all this stories hes writing or for what reasoning ?

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
props for actually supporting. and prove what I said you don't buy anything nor subscribe to a service when you support on Patreon. Because no one would buy games that end up cost that much at a upfront cost right?
No I support game developers. Noone 'buys' anything when they sub via Patreon.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Captains Log, day 8754
Time itself has altered and collapsed since our last expedition into the Gumdrops void. Who knew the horrors that awaited us on the other side? Even now I hear the Discord, adamant in its defense, the fools...the poor poor fools, can't they tell that they defend a ghost town? There remains whispers in the dark, talks among the crew that 'the update is nearly here'.

During our travels we found an abandoned ship during the unfolding horror, it too had travelled through the Gumdrops Void but had been here since the beginning. I was convinced the crew were all dead, but once inside...my god...they were alive. The crew had mutilated themselves as they continued to chant over and over in latin, I managed to translate it and send some footage below to witness the horrors I have seen!

TRANSMISSION INCOMING-
eye balls scene event horizon.png
'The update is coming soon! Soon the update shall come! This month! Next month! ALL MONTHS!'

We quickly fled the ship and nuked it from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.

There are dozens of ships like that, how many-a poor captains have lost their way in that dreadful place? At what point does one lose way to reason and logic in favor of stubbornness? Is it blue balls? For how can they still have blue balls? By now their balls would have turned to dust. The Void has taken too many, I fear now I can sense the crew are starting to change...even my wife has asked, 'So when is the update coming exactly?' How am I to answer her? How can anyone? It has been so long little Suzie has grew up now and plans to date a generic MC. A GENERIC MC I SAY!!! She deserves to be BEST GIRL! Not just another slut in the harem damn it! Bah! It bothers this old space dog.

We managed to make our way over to dock into LV-726. There, many planned a siege to destroy the Gumdrops Void once and for all. There was talks of the already dwindling patreon life blood, while others boasted about just shit-posting it into oblivion. A few brave F95's were there as well, largely just observing and bragging how they turned the F95 Dual family page into the Lolcow it is today.

Little did they know, Gumdrops secret weapon would be revealed...

Emerging from the Void it has crept forward slowly this whole time...

Wait? What's going on? It's...IT'S TAKING OVER! I CAN'T STOP THE-

INTERMISSION

Gumdrops top legal defense team headed by Joshgumtree took to the stand today. Denouncing all concerns because 'it's a choice.' Battling each of the comments in the thread, he bravely stood by Gumdrops as the valiant white knight. For in no way was the advertisement campaign deceptive from its launch to what it was today, and no way was the pattern of broken deadlines at all suspicious, and in no way was the increasingly suspicious promise updates largely vapidly composed of CE polls and generic things at all done to give an appearance of promise to suspecting newcomers. For we all know, thou Gumdrops is the truth, THE LIGHT, the Luke skywalker fending off all of us, who all just wished for failure from the start, hell even the mods wanted this noble hero to fail! For he is *sniff* infallible.

Now all, please repeat after me the mantra:
War is peace,
Freedom is slavery,
Ignorance is strength.

For we all know for his hard work, the generous Gumdrop will perhaps reward him with a ten second cameo in game where he too can sit next to the skeleton with the MC to contemplate humanity, love and lust to which they ultimately conclude the only logical solution is to let your love escape your grasp and commit suicide dying poetically, or to pray for 'I have no mouth and I must scream' to become a reality so everyone can exist in a eternal state of perpetual suffering for the sin of experiencing the human condition.

TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED

Whoa! It looks like I'll have to be more careful from now on! Drats! They must be onto me...

Yes these are exciting dark times alright,
who knows where things will lead?
We still await the update, the discord having long fallen into despair, offers little guidance in these grim times.

This is your Captain,
Signing off.

captain of space ship.jpg

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
tbh, I prefer the Sith mantra :p

How defending peoples right to free will and do whatever fck they wanna do is the same as white knighting, idk..

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

For the uneducated, that's the handy work of "Walt Whitman"

Reactions: Jeancul and yandex

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
tbh, I prefer the Sith mantra :p

How defending peoples right to free will and do whatever fck they wanna do is the same as white knighting, idk..

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

For the uneducated, that's the handy work of "Walt Whitman"
Relax Josh, I'm just breaking your balls a little. Though you do need to chill out.
At this point, I'm starting to picture you look and act like this in right life-
Ace attorney.jpg

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes