VN - Ren'Py - Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

killmike

This game is potential at this point. Instead of focusing on furthering the storyline he throws in things that no one asked for, like puzzles, and a remaster. This VN supposedly has two routes but the son route is lackluster and incoherent. The renders are decent but he spends too much time on things that don't matter and the gameplay suffers. I hope he corrects himself and gets back on track. This game could be so amazing but the dev is getting in his own way.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Arap12

This game has potential, the writing is good but there is a serious gap between the father\son in terms of content
    where the son has extremely limited interactions with other characters outside of the mother
    Ex:Isaac at the party, the son character before leaving is confronted by him and gives two options, both of which establish the son as weak willed or a psychopath,
    "Be a man" which means the son hitting Isaac on the head with a baseball bat nearly killing him.
    "leave" by being totally submissive to his prepotence
    The mother

While the father has another approach to characters and is well liked by almost everyone, including the wife (except at the beginning), he can interact with the Sister in law (Aunt) when the son can't.
    Also the "date" with the daughter where the father takes his daughter outside to the park, restaraunt and mall is more well developed than the son's counterpart day which is a single workout scene with the mother.

If the dev will fill in the gaps while adding more meaningful content and interactions for the son so that his character doesn't feel so empty and wooden then it has the potential to be a great game
  3. 1.00 star(s)

wewlad

Months after release and it still only has 15~ minutes of content. Releases are almost never on time. Avoid. Renders are meh. Writing is shit. Go play a better incest game like Big Brother, Dreams of Desire, Urban Demons etc. This one is just mediocre.

Almost no H scenes well after release and the developer just keeps making excuses for himself.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Jon Sur

The game itself has a good promise and a lot of potential. The main problem is the lack of content. The dev chose to "remaster" this instead of continuing the story along. The game does have nice renders but again the game is not very long due to a previously mentioned lack of content. There are two routes but neither route has been fleshed out that much. The potential is there but the dev has yet to consistently develop it. Hopefully it reaches that potential in future updates.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Cheryl

The story has 2 options. Being Dad or Son. The family is falling apart and everyone is trying not to lose what was good in the family. Story of Dad and daughter is paced perfect. Slowly getting to know and love her more. Enjoyed it lots. The visuals are good, the dialogue is very reasonable to.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

verzauberung

Version 0.54 "Fap per played time" Rating only 3/5

*edit changed from 2* to 3*: few weeks later, out of no where i was thinking about the daughter in this game, and 5min later got a good fap in replaying the daughter Scene (jk it only took 5 sec)

--------------------
    "Fap per played time" only rates how good the game is at giving you a good FAP. doesnt matter how good the art, gameplay, renders, model, Sound, writing, Story or anything like that is, if the game is good at giving you good and multiple faps in a decent amount of gametime, it will get a good rating, eles not. i rate games like this because in the end, i mainly play adult games for good faps...nothing eles
    -------------------

*has loads of potential, will probably be a max 4 "Fap per played time" Rating in future.

played for over 3-4h with walkthrough and got all Scenes (checked cg after)=!! 0 !! good faps

reason i gave it 2 stars and not 1 (normally 0 GOOD faps=1 stars) is because:

1. the mom had some good Scenes, but i didnt like her character and model at all! but im sure many People do like her, and im sure those guys got a good fap out of this game (same with Cousin model/character/Scene).

2. the daughter's models is AMAZING SEXY UNREAL GOOD! its the big brother Alice/Ethans legacy sentry model, which is already sexy by itself, but this game has her as a blonde with amazing tits and face and character (when playing as dad). she 100% carries this game hard for me, and i almost forced a fap during the first dream Scene the dad gets from her, but i didnt because i thought the game would become better and give me better Scenes to fap to (it didnt!)

the Story and writing is ok... tbh i think its overrated, People in the thread acted as if its some Christopher nolan Level Story. i only like the daughter's character (and model) from the Girls.

the dad mc is pretty good. i like the writing for him a lot. the son mc is kinda a bitch, but not too bad.

sex Scene are fap friendly, and pretty good. obv Overall the renders and models are well made.

----------so yeah game obv has loads of potential since the daughter is crazy sexy, but for now i only recommend it if you like the mothers model!---------------

small Spoiler: i also didnt like how the first BJ the son MC gets is from some rdm ass chick. its something i hate, and so many devs do it. you build up and build up and build up the main character, but then your first sex Scene is with another rdm chick.

other Spoiler: obv i also didnt like the Cousin sex Scene that much since she fuckes another guy and not the mc, i really dont like to share my Girls in games.

---------------------------------
    Other high rated "Fap per played time" games:
    -Milf's Villa
    -The Family Secret
    -My New Roommate
    -Dreams of Desire
    -GATE:The Opening
    -House Party
    -Pandora 1&2
    -The Gift Reloaded

Good "Fap per played time" games, that aren't on the same level as the ones i mentioned because of lack of fap or too much grind:
    -Road trip
    -Kristies revenge
    -Big brother
    -Man of the house
    -Summertime saga
    -My legacy
    -Adventures of Willy D
    -Beach Party(terrible sex Scene gameplay, not fap friendly)
    -The Artifact
  7. 1.00 star(s)

enokard

Review based on 0.54 version.
    - The best-rendered Visual Novel out right now. It's not just great visuals. In my opinion, it'a true artistic work.
    - A reliable story with a touching mother and daughter.
    - Two roads. One side with the father. The second with the son. It's good for replayability because it's two different stories.
    - The dev has improved the menus since 0.50. I can see the progress.
    - Mini games are pretty interesting.
    - For the moment, good game with a pretty little story :the line it takes is the right one.
    - Caution : it's not a game for fap-men who want a lot of sex scenes. Go to "Dreams of Desire" for that.

Updating based on 0.98.
    I withdrew 4 stars. Sadly, the game is totaly ruined by Gumdrop choices. Look at the review by Vanaduke. I share his view. there is nothing more that I can add.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

there

I truly love this game. Maybe because I have family issues or maybe I just respect how the author of this game handles the relationship in this game. I will nonetheless try and make this review as clear as possible.

This game is about a family in which there is the mother, father, daughter and son. You may notice the this is one of the rare times there are 2 males in the family however that is not the rare part but what is rare is the fact the you can play as both the male characters. This leads to updates being divided between the son and dad but still the author is able to put out good updates for both in my opinion.

The games story revolves around a family going through the possibility of a divorce as the mother and father's relationship is in shambles. You as the son or dad can either fix or break the family. This to me is extremely nice as it provides a wide variety of opportunities to make or break the family and I love how realistically and well it is handled as either of them do not go at each other like monkeys in heat. Instead they are developing or fighting their incestuous feelings which you can either ignore or go for. The options which you can take during these periods of time are very clearly shown instead of being hidden.

The models are also top notch and this is one the few times you will see a mother being realistically portrayed as she does look like a women in her 30's which is what a mother of a 18 year old would probably look like. She nonetheless does look beautiful however, there is a scorned and depressed look on her face (she is going through a broken relationship after all). The daughter also looks beautiful. You however will not get to see the faces of the father or the son however.

However, this games does not offer a large amount a save slots which I think is a problem with this game as you will have 6 save slots for the son and dad each. I think there should be more save slots granted in this game. Also because this game does not show how much points you have gotten with mom or daughter you may not be able to guess which options should be taken and therefore may require a walkthrough.

Summary:

Pros:
    Great Graphics
    Realistic Story Respectfully handled
    Realistic looking mother or a 18 year old
    All the option which you can take are clearly shown
    Updates are divided between the son and father

Cons:
    Limited Save system
    Does not clearly show the effects of each options
    May require walkthrough for you to get all the paths
    Updates are divided between the son and father