Tool DRM Removal Tool

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
a question:
but isn't this DRM also what they put to protect the various pc games like "Assassin's Creed" etc etc..??? that is, with this I would be able to bypass that protection?
I'm sorry but I'm a bit ignorant on the subject if it has nothing to do with the unsaid :cool:

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
a question:
but isn't this DRM also what they put to protect the various pc games like "Assassin's Creed" etc etc..??? that is, with this I would be able to bypass that protection?
I'm sorry but I'm a bit ignorant on the subject if it has nothing to do with the unsaid :cool:
Games like Assassin's Creed use a type of DRM but it's far more complicated. This tool only works for a certain kind of DRM

Thaddeus_2030

Dec 15, 2019
1682869319634.png
can someone help me real quick,i downloaded it and entered the code but i can't do anything with it.

HVL8-D4C9-PBNP-KFCC

Arqus

Dec 13, 2022
Hi. Here's the game:
Password: ryuugames.com
And here's the error
1702804187317.png

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
It looks like the game has special characters in its name. I'd recommend renaming the .exe & all containing folders to only have standard english characters

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
I want to crack the game.(playDRM)
But I want to know more than that. about file embedding.
it's about 's games.

game name is .
someone was upload full ver to community which not cracked.
it was made by unity + il2cpp.
there are startup.exe and app.exe file. general playDRM type.
if input right serial on startup.exe, game is running ok of course.
I'm looking for a way to extract "GameAssembly.dll" inside "app.exe".
generally, launcher of unity exe file is under 1MB. but app.exe file is over 80MB. I think that app.exe has "GameAssembly.dll".

I have another azucat game which cracked. it's same type. there is no "GameAssembly.dll" on root folder.
Because of this, I can't use BepInEx.(for MTL plugin) BepInEx occurs error. may be there is no "GameAssembly.dll".
I want to extract it..

you can download demo version at game link( )
it's no ask an serial. but there is no "GameAssembly.dll". so I can't use BepInEx on DEMO ver too.

I think that playDRM is get the key(serial or file) from server when input the right serial. and send unique number of machine(MAC or something combination) to server. buyer can use serial 5 times to another machines.
run game, app.exe is extract "GameAssembly.dll" with key to memory and load it. If it were me, I would make it like this.

any hint or tools to extract "GameAssembly.dll" from exe file ?

Besides, I tried put the app.exe file (from DEMO ver) to full version folder, It's failed to run.
If you want full version(uncracked), I will send to you.

I can't find the "MaiDrmBuster"(playDRM removal tool) anyone has it ? (may be it can't crack the playDRM too ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: hialex123

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
There may not be a GameAssembly.dll to extract
Normally Unity games are written in C# which compiles to IL (intermediate language).
IL is not OS-specific and makes the code relatively easy to read with the right tools.

However here they are using il2cpp which compiles the IL further down into machine code, which is much harder to follow and changes the nature of the DLLs.

I'm not that familiar with Unity games, but GameAssembly.dll might just be an IL-only thing.

--
Regarding how playDRM works in general, it's some variant of:
1. Game user sends Username/password & some environement information about their PC to the remote server
2. If credentials are correct, the server sends back a code
3. This code is then stored in the PC registry
4. The game combines this code with environmental PC information to create a "true" decryption key which is then used to unlock the game.

Since the game uses environmental information, copying only the server-code to another PC won't work.
And even if you spoof the environment, the server-code is linked to your account and could get you banned.

Ideally you'd be able to unlock the game once, figure out what the "true" decryption key is, and then create a variant of the game that uses that key directly.

I looked into this a while back but gave up after a while.
It's hard to figure out the specifics of how these systems work, and if they release a new version everything is different again

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
I tried unpack DEMO app.exe file with . can get the GameAssembly.dll and Rta4AsnjVgcA.dll files.
but full version is not worked.
the has funny(?) file. the readme_crack.txt file.(It's difficult for me)

edit: I found modder's post about crack of Milk Girl Sweet memories of summer [v1.012] [Azucat]. it's hard to me.

Last edited:

colinpyy

Sep 24, 2021
MaiDrmBuster doesn't work for this game, although in theory it does handle palyDRM (sorry for not allowed to share the MaiDrmBuster)

Reactions: kumarin

chaos1123

Nov 17, 2017
So, I'm a little confused, does this work for playDRM or is it a case by case basis? I have a few games from dlsite that I'd love to upload, but they are all drm protected.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
So, I'm a little confused, does this work for playDRM or is it a case by case basis? I have a few games from dlsite that I'd love to upload, but they are all drm protected.
"playDRM" has gone through multiple versions. The tool works for some of the older versions but not the most recent version which you will likely encounter on new games.

Yandere Dev

Apr 17, 2020
Hello, can you help me? I would like to play these two eroges but how can I remove the DRM they have? I don't know if you can help me. The name of the eroges is called Shinsei Kourin Dacryon ~Tadashii Tenshi no Sodatekata and Shinsei Kourin Dacryon - Runa ~Daseibo Tanjou If you can guide me or show me a video about it, I would appreciate it very much.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Hello, can you help me? I would like to play these two eroges but how can I remove the DRM they have? I don't know if you can help me. The name of the eroges is called Shinsei Kourin Dacryon ~Tadashii Tenshi no Sodatekata and Shinsei Kourin Dacryon - Runa ~Daseibo Tanjou If you can guide me or show me a video about it, I would appreciate it very much.
It depends on the DRM they have. You might be able to find a tool that removes it.

If you have some technical skills, you can also try to remove it yourself but there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
The general process is:
1. Figure out how the DRM system works
2. Identify a weakness in the system
3. Create a tool that automatically exploit this weakness

For example, the tool in this thread is based around a DRM system that looks like this:
- Files are encrypted on-disk
- The game obtains a decryption key through some process
- When files are read, they are automatically decrypted and stored as plaintext within memory
- This encryption process is transparent to the actual game. ie. The game doesn't know the files are encrypted, it just reads data and the DRM layer performs the decryption automatically

In this case, the weakness was that:
1. The game-process is able to decrypt any file it wants to
2. The game-process could also load files that were NOT encrypted
3. When the game-process wrote data to disk, the data was not re-encrypted

So to exploit this weakness, the DRM-Removal tool hijacks the game-process and makes it read & write all files to create decrypted copies. Then other users can run the game directly using the decrypted files without needing a decryption key.

But that's just for this example. The process for removing DRM depends entirely on how the DRM system works. There is no generic solution.

Reactions: Yandere Dev
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote