1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
A fine start but the grindy/repetitive nature of the exploration will get old quickly if you don't give enough of a reason for the player to want to actually explore. Sprinkling required resources around isn't enough. You could introduce characters or events through the exploration to make it more engaging.

On a more tech-focused note, consider having the map/2D portion of the game use a separate render resolution, since some people may have performance issues playing at native 4k in the 3D scenes but have no trouble in the 2D sections. Adding a v-sync/FPS limiter option would be nice as well — no need to have the game run at 200FPS on a 2D map.

Reactions: Corvo Bianco

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
You are very persistent being toxic. Exploring your toxicality, huh?
A personal attack from the start, huh? Couldn't just go for responding to the argument, had to drag your position down with swinging and missing in an attempt to assert a position of superiority.

Yes, I do have 10 years of experience of making games. And yes, my experience was obtained by being a cog in the corporate machine.
If that were the case, you'd have either quit from getting tired of the corporate mindset of homogenization going on right now, or have lost your job for being bad at it. I don't know which, and I don't really care.

Does it make me a good developer? Yes, you can see it by the amount of bugs and performance issues reported; I know how to do my job. Does it automatically make me a great indie developer who can pop out successful titles? Not really.
If you're a bad indie developer, you're a bad developer, period. Being one of maybe a hundred guys who did character renders doesn't qualify you as a developer at any level. You were a texture guy, not the mechanics guy or guy who had to script events or whathaveyou. There are different positions for different monkeys in the corporate machine. Also, the fact that you tried to turn a brag about bugs and performance issues into a positive spin is embarrassing. That's like a film editor bragging about how few bad transitions or angles he left in. Being competent is not a brag. It's a minimum requirement.

An analogy you will have easier time understanding: having 10 years of experience being a manager at a store won't make you a great businessman or CEO at Wallmart.
A manager, depending on their role (there are different managers for different parts of a company, something someone who was a dev would know), will have different duties. If, say, the hiring manager at Wal-Mart had 10 years of experience, I would then expect that, when they are promoted to the relevant position above that (some kind of HR guy), they would have the experience and judgment to excel and provide the best takes on matters relating to employee comfort and mental health. At the same time, I wouldn't expect them to understand the intricacies of budget allocation or inventory management. I would expect the people put in those positions are competent enough to manage them effectively.

Your game has generic models and sounds like the other 500 games with the same generic models. What sets it apart, aside your ambition? "Story choices that include branching narratives?" "A unique, intriguing story?" "Lazy animations that will awe only children?" Sell me a hook!

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Hey, everyone! I have a significant update to share.

After the initial Demo release, I have received plenty of feedback with some gems of useful criticism. I've given it a lot of thought and decided to make some fundamental adjustments to how the game feels and plays.

I have also realized the project is not a good fit for the Patreon business model, where people expect frequent updates. Some of you have commented on how good the graphics, the optimization, the girl, and the animations are. But all of this takes a massive amount of time to make. For example, adding one new character to the game may take 2 to 3 months of work (modelling + texturing + rigging + animating + setup in the engine).

Having to make the changes to the core gameplay, I won't be able to keep up the pace to meet the expectations. It brings me to the biggest change I will make.

The game will be tailored to Steam instead of Patreon, which will be paused and eventually closed. I feel it is not fair to keep the Patreon running while I can't provide substantial regular updates.

Everyone who has supported me will be getting a Steam key once the project launches. The keys will be emailed to all past and present Patrons.

Drifter Prince will evolve into a short yet exciting experience. I was mistaken in trying to water down the game to be able to provide more playtime. The game will work a lot better as an interactive experience with a maximum of 2-4 hours of playtime.

From now on I will mainly use to share all the news, come join me :)
Will your game be in other platform beside steam. Like Itch.lo, Dlsite, gamejolt etc..... I have a no buy eroges on steam policy.

Corvo Bianco

Aug 1, 2019
Will your game be in other platform beside steam. Like Itch.lo, Dlsite, gamejolt etc..... I have a no buy eroges on steam policy.
This is very possible, but I can't tell for sure yet. I will likely be working with a publisher, so it will ultimately be up to them to decide where to sell the game.

Reactions: WayneTaz
Aug 21, 2018
Sir, I played your game and I must say that this looks pretty great so far. I launched the game and the UI, main menu was looking so much polished and smooth for an indie game. I heard the soundtrack and I had the feeling of playing triple A game. I was blown away how professional this looks. The first thing that came to my mind was that must be pretty crazy, if it was all done by one person, it must have been done by someone with X years of experience and someone well known in his industry. It showed to be true.

Speaking about the universum. I never was a big fan of scifi. I like the present or historic times more, but despite that I liked the locations and feel of everything. I played some games running on Unity engine for example, everything felt so artificial and dull. Despite that Drifter Prince is still in early access, the faces of people standing on the sidewalk in the city felt believable. Visuals are great. I value the 3D graphics focused on being real and authentic the most and it looks good next to the other games even today. Sometimes I wondered how beatiful everything is. Sounds are good too. I like a lot every detail, like loud music coming from the bulding in the distance, sounds of flying drones, it all takes me deeper into identifying myself into the game.

The game concept is OK. Im not an expert, but I see that people wants more action troughout the game story, more sex scenes are needed when you make a game in this genre. As far as I know people likes open interactive world with RPG elements the most. It would be good if it goes that way, if possible. Having agents that does raids for you, make passive income for you is great idea. I welcome everything that you can build (bussineses, workers etc.) in your game, like something that you can invest in and get money from it later. People like that. Cutscenes in 3D are better but I know how hard is to make them, so good 2D drawings can do the thing too. The map with more locations would be also nice.

Sex scenes are great, the most because of models in the game. That cat girl have fit body with good ass and thighs, her face looks cute, I like her glasses a lot. Her eyes, lips are so beatiful to look at. The main character looks authentic as well. Maybe his penis is way too short and way too thick, but everyone is unique in his own way. Despite the fact that every animation had to be done manually without real actors, moves actually looks pretty much ok, not so robotic. Very great job with that. I know that this game is still in early access but it lacks sounds a lot. I imagine some indoor sound effect, instead of outdoor sound. Some moaning and clapping would make it less lifeless. Im not a fan of classic hentai shouting all the time and water splashing everywhere but authentic sound effects can truly make this project special. Cameras are great set and focused, it feels like a movie and I love that. A free camera option could be even better. At the end there is only one cum scene where the main character masturbate in the front of a girl, it feels a little bit awkard. I think that ideal think is to make an ideal cum scene for every scene, position. That would be so nice, with that water physics shown by you that you made. I hope there will be more options that just oral/vaginal in the other scenes and there will be more life in it, both characters have almost poker face all the time.

I dont know which direction this game takes but some of us dont like furry things, so some character options like fur, hair, clothes maybe even boobs shape and size can be nice.

But I must say that I was very pleased by this game and its truly unique in this genre, absolutely great game that can be like AAA with some work. Its great so far and it has amazing potential. I wish that it will be sponsored well in the future and I wish the developer the biggest succes and lot of fun when making this.

Last edited:

Corvo Bianco

Aug 1, 2019
Hey, ShrekBiceps, thanks for the write up :) I am happy you enjoyed the game so far!

And don't worry about the furry characters. They are just an option among all the others; you can skip them if you want :) I also am making them closer to humans than to animals, and I think people will like the girls. I am not at all a furry myself, but the characters look hot to me. I am designing the game to be pretty vanilla, which means even if I create furry or alien girls, I make sure they look attractive to an average Joe :)

I haven't been posting a lot (or any, really) updates lately. I am reworking animation systems for the existing characters to improve on "poker face" issue as you've called it. I want the sex scenes to be more expressive with facial animation, but my old setup doesn't support it.

Tinstaafl

Dec 20, 2018
" The game will work a lot better as an interactive experience with a maximum of 2-4 hours of playtime. "

If you want to launch on Steam, then take into the account, that the game NEEDS to take more, than 2 hours to finish. Many folks are buying shorter games, no matter the price, only to refund them before they reach the 2 hour playtime refund limit.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hmm solid, nice unique Menu Design navigation buttons bottom remember of GTA UI Design a bit configuration menu of Ubisoft :D

Performance tuning is really nice inside of a 30/60 4K target without big differences :)
Saw no Ghosting issues yet but not so extreme complex patterns and transparency to handle yet
Really nice IQ and weight/material tuning by default :)
Interesting Art Style (more Cartoonish Fortnite Direction, comparable results again with Wild-Life and Paralogue)

Game Design is hmm so far very simple collecting things waiting for timers looking at Max Payne 2 Like Comic Style Storyboard and a lot of clicking to progress the narration of them currently which feels like sitting in front of a Smartphone limitation on a map which progression feels like prepared for Touch Interfacing, only microtransactions are missing now some shop and it could have been Designed for Mobile ;)
And yeah you gonna grind a lot to progress prices in gems for the story continuation increase the further you get.

Sex Cutscenes have 0 interactivity except Camera Control and Cumshot and Spit effect but execution is on nice Artistic (Cartoon Pixar level,partly above)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Optimized Polygon count only becomes problematic in very close situation (Cinematic Close) nearest lod on lot of edges there a bit more refinement and a bit performance loss could be justified.

Level Art (Resource collection) only to gather gold and gems for the progression for now under a time limit

The Demo Progression Map (Story,Cutscenes,Level and Timed resource loot points)

Story Telling in Comic form

PS: Happy that i stumbled over this would have missed it almost in the crowd.
Btw am i imagine things or does that male char looks a bit like Dante from DMC ?

Corvo Bianco
Nicely done Hair pulling doggy animation :)
Some Animations though feel extremely stiff in their Body Physic Force and Mass execution

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneTaz

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Corvo Bianco
You really know how to optimize LOD hats up
Performance wise the results are really not bad especially how it holds up :) compared to this others Model complexity
But your overall complexity in those interaction scenes is compared to many other still very limited, also like you would restrict the camera on purpose ;)

Im on 3070 now and the Performance/Visual Ratio is one of the best of F95 Unreal results, tough sometimes you can see it falling apart and less aggressive lod 0/1 optimization might be better in terms of breasts/shoulders/elbows/knee/ass ;)

Last edited:

VenRenotos

Dec 26, 2018
The game doesn't have as much content as there are missions(the mission lasts 45 minutes, and the scenes are less than 15 minutes with text). It's horrible. Just trust me, there is nothing in Version: 0.1.1 that could catch on. Compared to house party, Wild Life Sex, big brother.

At the moment, it is not worthy of your attention.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The game doesn't have as much content as there are missions(the mission lasts 45 minutes, and the scenes are less than 15 minutes with text). It's horrible. Just trust me, there is nothing in Version: 0.1.1 that could catch on. Compared to house party, Wild Life Sex, big brother.

At the moment, it is not worthy of your attention.
I hope you realize you just named multiple games that are much further along in development or are finished.

Big brother original release from what I remember had no sex at all.

You can absolutely dislike/complain about lack of a thing in a game, but at least compare it to things it is close to.

Reactions: Corvo Bianco

VenRenotos

Dec 26, 2018
I hope you realize you just named multiple games that are much further along in development or are finished.

Big brother original release from what I remember had no sex at all.

You can absolutely dislike/complain about lack of a thing in a game, but at least compare it to things it is close to.
1) Yep. I wrote this for those who may decide to download and try it, I think 15 minutes is not enough.

2) I don't quite understand, but I think you mean that there is not an engine, but rendered images.

3) Does having a timer telling you that you will get gold (which is not used at all in this game) after more than 45 minutes compensate for having 15 minutes of content ? This is a waste of my life, I think this is an objective claim. You wanted an example game. Under the Witch [v0.2.0 Alpha]. The mechanics work as they should(although I didn't understand why I didn't have the content that is displayed in the images on the forum). I've played a couple more games that are better than this one objectively, from almost every point of view (except comics). The only difference in this game is that there is a comic book, but it collects useless spheres in the same type of gameplay just walking for 3 minutes to read one page of the comic book. This is probably even worse than advertising. The mechanics do not justify the owl's presence. I do not understand this, but there are a lot of Mankhva or Manga, it's easier to look at it on an iPad.

I hope that the language barrier will not be an obstacle to our understanding, and my arguments and proofs will be weighty.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It's a typical Touch interface many try their GUI to be versatile for mobile usage i also got that feeling here.
And i know what you mean the Game mechanics are only there to tell the story but it feels awkward if you pay to see something that isn't really making progression with your brain but just collect as many money and gems as you can to see the still very limited interactive sex animations and maybe as second point continue the story telling ;)
Overall this Game Design concept feels bad really bad it gives your brain so few to chew on it's just building up a addiction to continue the story to get to the sex scenes and so feels only like total manipulation.
Also that there is a ingame currency brings you into the direction that this is maybe also a design goal for the the future to make it online it absolutely feels like some of these smartphone microtransaction designs.
I personally hate these Smartphone Games their only reason to exist is microtransactions i hated this development from day 1 and i see what it does to young people i find it absolutely wrong.
I mean the idea of a timer for the resource gathering levels even is boring over time why should i try to be a speedrunner here whats the purpose ?

Last edited:
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote