Fan Art Dreams of Desire - Fan Art

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noticed that this thread is on page 69 (as of this post anyways). Keep the faith guys!

I did do this render for my crossover thingie a couple of days ago, but Trace/Tracy isn't quite recognizable here - the helmet hides her face a bit. But, I should probably share it here at least:

I should sneak a '69' render in here to commemorate the Page 69 thingie... firing up the rendering system!

Edit: Yeah, I know, you guys just want to see the hardcore 69 action...

Tracy69_OhWee.jpg

Edit/Note: This post USED to be on Page 69, but we've lost a number of posts since then (Moderator/Member deletions). It's the thought that counts!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks, mate, but I solved this issue by right click on the Daz3d and then I choose "Run with graphics processor" and then you click on "High performance NVIDIA processor". (It's like the open with but you open it with the high performance thing).

I just did it and it worked for me... still weird.
Can somebody share to me, how I can create such precious things :p plsss, I will be really thankful
1) Download Daz Studio. It's free, but you'll need to prove an email and a name and address to use the software. Play with Daz studio a bit, to get the hang with it, and maybe read/watch a few tutorials to get a handle on things. Not sure if there's a way to get Daz Studio without registering at the Daz site, but there are a number of model related freebies that become available when you register at Daz3D, so it's worthwhile to go that route.

2) Check this thread for Dreams of Desire art assets...

3) Acquire the relevant models for the art assets you wish to work with. Most are paid assets purchased through Daz3d, Renderosity, and Renderotica (mainly the Genitals at Renderotica, you can use other genitals as well such as the ones that come with Daz Pro bundles), but the buccaneer route may or may not be an option should you wish to acquire assets through other means (see the Art Assets forum section elsewhere on this forum for more info).

Reactions: Kumar roshan
Jul 8, 2018
1) Download Daz Studio. It's free, but you'll need to prove an email and a name and address to use the software. Play with Daz studio a bit, to get the hang with it, and maybe read/watch a few tutorials to get a handle on things.

2) Check this thread for Dreams of Desire art assets...

3) Acquire the relevant models for the art assets you wish to work with. Most are paid assets purchased through Daz3d, Renderosity, and Renderotica (mainly the Genitals at Renderotica, you can use other genitals as well such as the ones that come with Daz Pro bundles), but the buccaneer route may or may not be an option should you wish to acquire assets through other means (see the Art Assets forum section elsewhere on this forum for more info).
ooh ok, so here comes the fun part, where do I pirate them :D ?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
guys why people rendering so fast but people in interiors rendering over 99999 hours?
Short form, if you just render the people in an empty sphere, you don't have light rays bouncing off of walls, then off of the person, off of another wall, then off the couch, etc.

All of those bounces and the bounce angles have to be computed, and it's often multiple bounces for each light ray. This is one reason I like to use HDRIs so much, as they don't have walls, trees, etc. with oodles of additional 'bouncing' points to compute.

There's a bunch of free HDRIs over at , if you want some 'simple' HDRIs to stick your characters inside of. He likes donations if you are so inclined, but the HDRIs are free/no registration required.

Load one up in Daz3d. To do so, go to your Render Settings tab, and under the Environment section, find Environment Map and set the image to the HDRI you downloaded and want to try out in your scene. Make sure Environment Mode is set to Dome and Scene.​
Set Ground Position to Manual, and Draw Ground to on. Maybe increase the Ground Shadow Intensity if needed. You can mess with Environment Intensity, etc. later as needed. Ground shadow will create the illusion of the character standing on the ground instead of just hovering inside of a sphere. Adjust your camera angles and sphere rotation to taste. Note that you'll have to set your viewport to Iray, with Dome On, to see the HDRI in the background.​
Anyways, If you set Draw Dome to On, you'll see your character, etc. with the HDRI you just pointed Daz to all around them, and the HDRI will also light your character, usually quite nicely. You can set Draw Dome to off, and still get the same lighting, but with a transparent background.​

I use 4K HDRIs the most, because they are a quick way to simulate having your background slightly out of focus without messing with the camera focus, but you can use the 8K and 16K ones if you want crisper detail in your background. The main thing is that the HDRI also provides lighting, often very compelling lighting. You can put structures (apartments, etc.) inside of an HDRI sphere (say if you want something showing up outside the window) to simulate light pouring in from the outside as well.

Sometimes I'll augment the HDRI lighting with additional placed lighting as well, and if it's an entirely indoor setting I may skip the dome and just set environment to scene. It all comes down to how your scene is set up.

You can also in some cases add a 'ground plane', that is modeled terrain for your characters to stand on, which can make finding a decent camera angle much easier (as the ground is 'attached' to yoru character and not in the 'distant' sphere. Some of the Daz3D products do this for you already, such as Pines Beach

Anyways, you should still learn proper lighting techniques using lights, emissive planes, etc. but HDRI spheres are nice for instant gratification. Well instant in the sense of 'just set and render'.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes