Fan Art Dreams of Desire - Fan Art

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't remember seeing it mentioned but what do you need to make the apparition?

I was wondering if it was a special shader or texture or if you just play with diffuse and glossy a bit, if anyone knows the trick and i know some of you do going by the excellent renders i'd love to know.
Although I went the 'simple' route and used some liquid (oil) shaders, to get the slimey effect, yeah there's a few suggestions in the Art Assets thread I think. Or maybe this one. Yes, Daz has Slime shader products.

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
I have that but it never looked like that!
Ophelia herself has HD morphs+Beauty Fingers and Toes
for special f-maniacs there is "real feet for g3" and morphs from Ovolog, but I do not use them because a lot of settings and not always the desired result can be seen on the render
sorry my eng

Destoiu

Aug 27, 2018
Ophelia herself has HD morphs+Beauty Fingers and Toes
for special f-maniacs there is "real feet for g3" and morphs from Ovolog, but I do not use them because a lot of settings and not always the desired result can be seen on the render
sorry my eng
No problem. So did you use the HD beauty toe in that render?

Lewdlab

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I don't remember seeing it mentioned but what do you need to make the apparition?

I was wondering if it was a special shader or texture or if you just play with diffuse and glossy a bit, if anyone knows the trick and i know some of you do going by the excellent renders i'd love to know.
Architectural shader set to black with reflection turned down to a minimum, if I remember correctly.

That's about all you're getting from me though.
Also, some nice stuff @lexx228

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
Architectural shader set to black with reflection turned down to a minimum, if I remember correctly.

That's about all you're getting from me though.
Also, some nice stuff @lexx228
Thank you for the reply, just one last thing though, can you keep making renders of Tracy for lifetime? :heartcoveredeyes: I'm a hardcore fan of her in case if you didn't noticed yet.

MAC_T

Nov 21, 2017
I don't disagree! But, unless/until MAC_T or someone else decides to share their take on Tracy, I'll keep working with the one I have. To date, AFAIK I'm the only one that has shared a Tracy model in the DoD Art Assets thread. Others have shared very nice versions of Mom and Alice, both of which I utilize every now and then in my fan art efforts.

I'll be the first to point out that I'm not the most skilled modeler in the fan art biz. There are others that seem to be better at this, and that are more attuned to finding/spotting those tiny nuances that really dial in a model. But I do at least try to help get the ball rolling here and there, in the hopes that it'll inspire others to come up with, and share, better versions.

MAC_T and lexx228, as far as I can tell, have both done a bit more work with Tracy's skin tones than I have, which factors into this. Skin building/tweaking isn't my area of expertise.

So, not offended at all by your observation.

Hopefully someone will pick up (and/or share) from where I've currently left off with Tracy's model. In the meantime, I've 'locked in' the version I'm using for my fan art crossover story, 'cuz it needs to get done sometime, and the club renders take a really long time, even though I'm bailing LOOOONG before they hit 100% convergance/after an hour or more of dual 1080 crunching. My 'practical' goal has been 2000 iterations minimum which probably means a slight loss in render quality, but you pick your battles...

BTW, those subtle differences that I mentioned r.e. Tracy are one reason why I refer to her as Trace in my crossover fan fic, not Tracy. She's not the same, although she's fairly close to identical.
So...here's what I used for Tracy's texture settings :
1) Base model is Akasha,
2) Materials - Akasha All Mat, Translucency Medium, Akasha Lash 02, Akasha MU 01 & Akasha MULips 09.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: OhWee

MAC_T

Nov 21, 2017

Check this post:

Couple of things I forgot to mention there: 1) you will have to set Glossiness to 1 for the skin/surfaces
2) change the luminance colour to white for both iris & teeth
3) set the iris & teeth luminance to 200 kcd/m2

Reactions: OhWee
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes