-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
But I think to many devs thin they will get rich on here
I agree, sadly. I'm in no way saying VanderLord is one of those; I have no idea what's gone on, in either his real life or in his mind. But it's definitely true that this happens far too often. Creating an adult game — whether using Patreon, Subscribestar, another crowdfunding platform, or all of these — is never a get-rich-quick game. There are very few instances of quick wealth, and usually those that seem like it are actually not.

For instance, if you win big in gambling you get a lot of money right after winning. But the vast majority of winners have bet and lost for years before it pays off. Developing adult games is like most businesses: it takes literally years for most to build enough momentum to have real success. Three months isn't nearly enough time before calling it quits if you're to be successful.

Reactions: Ramagar

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I agree, sadly. I'm in no way saying VanderLord is one of those; I have no idea what's gone on, in either his real life or in his mind. But it's definitely true that this happens far too often. Creating an adult game — whether using Patreon, Subscribestar, another crowdfunding platform, or all of these — is never a get-rich-quick game. There are very few instances of quick wealth, and usually those that seem like it are actually not.

For instance, if you win big in gambling you get a lot of money right after winning. But the vast majority of winners have bet and lost for years before it pays off. Developing adult games is like most businesses: it takes literally years for most to build enough momentum to have real success. Three months isn't nearly enough time before calling it quits if you're to be successful.
I agree with you. It took years and a ton of rejections) before I sold my first book. I just trying to improve myself and finally I hit on a topic that a lot enjoyed.

There is a lot of things that effect a game here. The writing, story plot, renders, all sorts of things. To many people try to do it all and then get frustrated. I have thought about doing a game or two here. I can do the writing and basic coding. but to be any good I would need a good programmer and graphic artist. The problem I have is that I am not sure I want to mix my persona here with my real life. It could effect my book sales

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I agree with you. It took years and a ton of rejections) before I sold my first book. I just trying to improve myself and finally I hit on a topic that a lot enjoyed.

There is a lot of things that effect a game here. The writing, story plot, renders, all sorts of things. To many people try to do it all and then get frustrated. I have thought about doing a game or two here. I can do the writing and basic coding. but to be any good I would need a good programmer and graphic artist. The problem I have is that I am not sure I want to mix my persona here with my real life. It could effect my book sales
Same, actually. I'm a writer myself and have several things published. But I don't want to mix RL with F95 life. I prefer my anonymity outside of my career and don't want one bleeding into the other.

Reactions: ODX and Ramagar

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Why would anyone dream of a Military intelligence Liaison facilitator :unsure: Let alone more than one is beyond me. :cautious:
:whistle:Oops, I'm on the wrong forum, never mind :giggle:
You're definitely in the wrong forum, SB, but even so I still don't get why people here are so interested in a guy dreaming about Mildly Illiterate Lesbian Florists either. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor