Ren'Py - Completed - Dreaming of Dana [v0.099] [PTOLEMY]

1. 2.00 star(s)

T.Geiger

Never really understood why this game was "popular". I saw nothing in my several game sessions that I could recommend.

• The graphics are mediocre at best.
    • The story is basically just an an excuse plot. Everybody praising the "amazing" story is what raises the most question marks over my head.
    • Decisions are largely meaningless.
    • Way too much repetition.
    • Grindy as all hell.
    • One of those schedule-keeper style games.
    I mean, really, you name it, this game did not excel at it. I seem to recall that even the underlying code was subpar. (I tend to rip apart RenPy games to see what makes them tick.)

There are worse ways you could spend your time, and nothing this game does is exceedingly bad. I'm just not sure why someone wouldn't pick a better game from the pile on this site.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Casual Voyeur

When I woke up this morning I was naked and had a headache.
    For some mysterious reason I was also bold and looking like Yul Brynner.
    Someone knocked on the door and entered my room - an attractive woman which turned out to be my sister.
    She didn't seem to mind me being naked as we talked, she even kept watching me as I went to the bathroom - still naked.
    It felt awkward.

I took a shower and soon after we both went to the office where I met my new assistant, an average looking woman dressed like a slut.
    About 5 minutes later she offered to show me the archive and as we entered, immediately started sucking my dick.
    I wanted to say something like "Hey, stop that" or "Thanks, but no thanks", but I kept silent - unable to say a word.
    It felt like I was no longer in control of the situation.

At that moment I woke up.
    What a terrible dream...

~

I'm not a big fan of free roam games because they tend to be grindy.

What killed the mood for me (and made me stop playing) was being forced into the blow job scene with the assistant.
    I really don't like it when adult games force relationships or lewd scenes on me - especially with characters I cannot stand.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

racerdave

One of the better games I've played. It's a it odd that the "completed" game has some "not implemented yet" options in it, but enough content is there for a full story and every bit of it was wonderful
  4. 1.00 star(s)

u z i

okay this game is seriously overrated. i just started playing so i cant say anything about the story but frankly it doesnt seem to have anything special. average renders. no animations. this game is basically a grind fest.
    just two events ticked me off- firstly when you invite dana to your place, you look at her crotch(while foot massage), she doent seem to mind nor does she mind when you grope her breast and on top of that gives you a passionate kiss. this happens on week 1 btw and she is your sister for god sakes!(not that i dont like incest but i found this to be really crazy)
    2nd, you can fuck your assistant whenever you wish but when you flirt with her at the cafeteria she doesnt like it and her affection decreases by 3, cause fuck logic XD (one might argue that she only fucks to get promoted but still how can a person who can go that far for a job be offended by a little flirting? makes no sense to me)
    i dont mean to offend anyone but people who gave this 5/5 clearly have never played a decent/good game. i sincerely apologize for being so mean but the review for this game totally misled me. i mean what a fucking waste of a download.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

vilhelm69

Honestly one of the best VNs I have played. Great story and Great CGs, Well worth the download and deserves greater attention than it has received. The multiple endings are also all amazing and you can end the game in a wide variety of ways.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

This game has some great characters in it. The writing is great. Render is quite good for its time. Sex scenes are very hot, but sometimes a bit short. It has a really nice story. The main character is a slacker but is competent in whatever he does when he wants to be. The game has one of the best ending sequences which is very satisfying. All in all, it really deserves to be on the popular games list.

There are some big negatives that detract from the game though. Gameplay wise, there are many random events that happens regardless of whether it makes sense or not at that particular moment. These random events repeat ad nauseam too. The game would have been so much cleaner if it did away with random events and the stats all together and revealed those scenes as part of the plot to advance the game.

Another problem is the character of Jessica. The main char is generally an alpha male type of char in his interaction with all the girls. With Maria, he does take a bit of a back seat but it makes sense due to the nature of their relationship, and its still within character. Dana likes to take charge sometimes, but he truly loves her and is happy to oblige. Jessica, on the other hand, is a total dominatrix type and she is absolutely unavoidable if you want to progress the story. You need to have sex with her multiple times and be super submissive. There's nothing wrong with that kind of relationship, but the fact that its out of character and forced on you is pretty bad.

This might be a minor problem to most, but its a pretty big pet peeve of mine to see "should of" and its variants used so much. Seriously people... why is it so hard to get that one right?
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Biggepac

awesome story, great characters and ok graphics, just proof you don't need animations to tell a great love story, and the story flows nicely with pretty good stills, really selling the point of the story and makes you love one or all the characters including the mc
  8. 2.00 star(s)

kimoo

quickly (completed)

you have to know that everybody reviewed this game and gave it 5 stars ( he is just emotional)

the story
    _________
    is perfect and deep (and that is why most of people rated it 5 stars)
    but wait you know what is bad ???
    you will repeat every single thing you do daily with the same dialogues (boring)

the animation

the render

the choices system

gameplay
    _________
    no gameplay (just point and click)

minigames
    _________
    no mingames

playtime

should you play it ???
    - maybe if you are okay with the things i will mention below

why 2 stars only???
    1-forcing me repeat every thing daily (with the same dialogues)
    2-no game play
    3-no mini games
    4-no animation(WTF)
    5-choices with no influence on the story(just the last choice)
    6-no music and no voices
    7- the game force you to play all the route then choose your own (why should i fuck someone i don't want to fuck)

after all of that giving more than 2 stars is over
  9. 3.00 star(s)

preglovr12

If I had to describe this game in one word that word would be "solid."

This game is fun, extremely funny at times and did give me some feels occasionally but it didn't do much more than that. The art is solid but isn't nearly as good as it could be. The story line is pretty standard and you've got a lot of repetition in tasks and scenes. Sadly some of the best scenes are the random ones and you'll probably get tired of some more common scenes while hunting for the more illusive ones. It's probably best to download a walkthrough as well, it'll be extremely helpful for knowing where you need to be.

The game also includes a lot of "not implemented yet" choices that will seemingly never be implemented. This leaves only a few choices when choosing how best to court the women. Another oddity is the bottlenecks that stop any real progress but allow you to continue playing the game and getting points for nothing. You'll certainly need that walkthorugh to navigate this game.

The endings, while sort of confusing to get (or buggy) are alright. There's a pregnancy ending that's a little lacking in hardcore content but is fairly okay if you're willing to daydream a bit.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

julfrede

This game was really well made, good art and interesting story. Wish there were more people and more interactions.
    A little confusing at times, had to look for a walkthrough though...
    If it had a quest log or a requirement window, it would be great
  11. 5.00 star(s)

HeavyEavy

I really like his sense of humor! I was rolling many times as they would "roleplay" and banter with people. The story line is outstanding! As you start learning about them, you really get caught up in the story. I haven't played all of the ending yet, and I'm not sure I will since NTR isn't my thing and I don't like Maria or John. I also don't like being a kitty...
  12. 4.00 star(s)

skazy

renders are good. girls are pretty. some of the characters are funny. the story is deep enough to make you think and hook you up.
    every endigs are great. actually i want to talk about some of the endings but i don't know hot to make a "spoiler" tag, so i don't want to ruin the experience for others.
    there are some bugs here and there, but it is a given for every digital product, so it is okey.
    some of the things bothering me are the fact that jess is a shaved girl, at first i thought it was ugly, but when you learn about her story, it makes you feel bad to see her ugly.
    so to sum it up: good renders, good story, good endings, overall a good game.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Skyangel007

Oke so this wasn't bad but still felt pretty mediocre too me.

Its renders are okay but nothing special and the same goes for the story. Even though I felt the story was kinda interesting I just felt that the sexual tension between Dana and MC wasn't done very well. The relationship/sexual tension just progressed to fast in the beginning of the story. I did like how both leads had character progression. Both changed throughout the game because of the interaction between each other.

What I didn't like was how you are forced to go out with all the female characters in order to progress with Dana. Especially when I wasn't interested in a side character. This caused me to skip through a lot of dialogue.

And another point with regards to game play that irked me the most was that at a certain point getting the affection of characters made me feeling bored and weary. This is because you have to keep repeating the same action over and over again. In the end all that did was make me waste precious time.

A small minus point for me was the fact that there was no music. I personally enjoy music as it gives you a better feeling of immersion.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

GuyFreely

Well I guess when compared to bad adult games this one stands out as better. From a stand alone evaluation, I get it a 'meh' rating.

The art is okay, not great. The writing is better than most games, at times even pretentious. The creator took time to give the characters some personality and back stories which is often overlooked.

My biggest problem with this game is the grind. Repeating events to get minor point boosts in certain stats is a bane of adult games. A lot of the "choices" in this game purely relate to how these stats are affected. Sure it changes the scene a bit, but when you then repeat the same scene later, it sort of takes any lasting impact of the choice out. This game should have been constructed more linearly to tell a more coherent story. To have things progress with different characters at a specific pace and then let the player make the choices that matter.

Also, this game uses a very basic random event system. Where some times when you go to a place something happens and some times it doesn't. This is just another mechanic to make a game take longer without actually giving you rewarding gameplay. You can run into situations that are nonsensical because of this as well. You are given the option to take Dana home after work, you decline. You get home and she's at your front door anyway. You ignore her. She's at your front door again.

This is one of those situations where I think the basic pieces of this game could be rearranged into a better game and I really wish it would.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

testg

Well the visuals could be better, but is suppose it's impossible for a game with so much content. Great story. That whole rpg point system is useless as this is more of a linear story adventure with 3 alternative endings. Overall, loved it.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

qazmlp

Excellent game.

The relation between the MC and his sister is very deep; most characters are very developed, which is a big plus in this genre.
    The dialogs are red hot! I believe that aside from visual novels this game had the best dialogs among all games on this site.
    The lack of animation is not a big deal, for me anyways.

One negative comment is that it is quite a grind to get all the scenes, but they are worth it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Catwashere

This is one of my favorite games ever the story was really good along with the sex scenes and Andrea is the greatest character ever. I just wish it had more stuff in it and the ending seemed rushed!

Sex 9/10
    Story 8.5/10
    Art 9.5/10
    Characters 10/10
  18. 5.00 star(s)

fudd

This game is fucking amazing!!!!

Seriously, this is my first review on this website because while I've played the other games and they were good, this one really blows them all out of the water! Great characters, great conversations, great twists, a shit-ton of content, high quality scenes, straight forward interface, and with the different endings it's very replayable too!

Simply awesome.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

HornyYoshi

Honestly thought this was just another generic throwaway game. In my personal opinion though, it's not! Way more content than expected, I like how there's different possible endings making the decisions have a bigger affect on things. Kinda disappointed there weren't any animations, some of the interface could be improved but overall a great game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

denzel888

i didn't know this game... just finded yesterday...
    WOW.. so much content and such a great quality in the render .. i would say 9 of 10 for the comparison with other games... And i've been surprised by Jessica, aesthetically she wasn't my type.. but i really enjoyned the way she acted during the progression of the game.. I still have to finish .. but all i can say.. that this is probably the best or in the top three of all the games i tried.. great great work ..