4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Well, especially the part of Hamas attacks. Those have been going on for over a decade now, so why the moral change of heart with the recent attack?

Also, having talked to him on his Discord, he had said that he had wanted to create a game like this for over a decade, so I dunno what to think of that.

I think that when he tried to get it on Steam and they rejected it on the grounds that it was too sexually violent, did he decide to give up. Probably.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I think that when he tried to get it on Steam and they rejected it on the grounds that it was too sexually violent, did he decide to give up. Probably.
now THAT sounds infinitely more plausible. And he's just too much of a chicken shit to man up and say 'fuck this I cant make steam bucks so Im out'

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Yeah, because the thing is, in October, is when he tried to get it on Steam. And he had said at the time, that he was waiting on a response from Steam, concerning what his long term plans were for the game. And yeah, the game is very much sexually violent in nature and rapey, so its totally conceivable that Steam once they knew the direction it was going and that he wouldn't change the game's rapey nature, they told him that they wouldn't sell it.

It just so happened that Hamas attack occurred a day or two later. But yet... he made this big announcement... like a week ago, so what was he doing all this time, if he was so affected by Hamas attack and violence against women in Europe. Just feels like a cop out to cover up the actual reason, which I believe is that Steam gave him a hard no, and probably attacked him while doing so.

However the whole "God please forgive me", is total horseshit. The guy made a game where you play a literal demon, going on murdering humans, raping women, and had planned to have torture and eating humans alive. I think that boat sailed a long time ago.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
If every developer came to that realization, what is your favorite video game franchise that would be gone with the wind because it made its devs ask god for forgiveness? I'm really into borderlands so I'd be really pissed off if New Tales is how its story ends.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
If every developer came to that realization, what is your favorite video game franchise that would be gone with the wind because it made its devs ask god for forgiveness? I'm really into borderlands so I'd be really pissed off if New Tales is how its story ends.
Honestly, would have rather had Borderlands never had any sequels. The first game was the absolute best, and its gone downhill from there, in terms of story, gameplay mechanics, progression, etc... Though... bunkers and badasses was quite fun in BL2. I really liked the weapon skills in Borderlands and felt it was overall better than the Badass system. Though... if you could have had both, I'd love that too.

Reactions: Cleaner20

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Honestly, would have rather had Borderlands never had any sequels. The first game was the absolute best, and its gone downhill from there, in terms of story, gameplay mechanics, progression, etc... Though... bunkers and badasses was quite fun in BL2. I really liked the weapon skills in Borderlands and felt it was overall better than the Badass system. Though... if you could have had both, I'd love that too.
I just want to see where the story goes since there are still a lot of unanswered questions. The ending of TPS had a very ominous warning about an incoming war and the war we got in BL3 wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped. Also there is the matter of the seventh siren that nyriad warned that should never be found. And I do not want maya's legacy to end like that. I'm just hooked on the lore and if they cram all the answers to these in another telltale game I'm okay with it I'll just watch another let's play video.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
I think the biggest unanswered question I have with Borderlands is how did people know of the Vault in the first place. In BL1, its a massive job just to find out where it is. And if we have this much trouble, how did others know of its existence, when its guarded by those eridani angels. And why people would think it had loot in it.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
I think the biggest unanswered question I have with Borderlands is how did people know of the Vault in the first place. In BL1, its a massive job just to find out where it is. And if we have this much trouble, how did others know of its existence, when its guarded by those eridani angels. And why people would think it had loot in it.
Because of typhon deleon. During his time working for atlas he accidentally found the first vault on promethea when he was left for dead in a cave by azlan devega. Word of his discovery quickly spread and the everyone scrambled to find one for themselves, thus creating the title of vault hunter.

In BL1, the destroyer's vault on pandora have been a long time legend and many corporations tried to find it but only atlas found it because of the first group of vault hunters.

In the pre sequel zarpedon's soldiers were left on elpis when the moon became unstable due to excessive mining. They stumbled upon the vault on elpis while investigating the eridian ruins. Jack's battle with zarpedon led to him finding out about the vault and trying to find the vault himself with the help of his own group of vault hunters. Upon entering elpis' vault jack was given a vision about a second vault on pandora, the warrior's vault. Which then leads to the events of BL2.

During BL3 the calypsos had access to information on the eridian homeworld, nekrotafeyo, and as you progress through the game you learn that there is a sort of map showing which planets have vaults in them. Typhon said his children never found out about that part of the eridian ruins but they were rebellious and I don't think its farfetched if they went in there behind typhon's back before leaving the planet. Then they gave the vault's locations to their bandit followers and maliwan. The jakobs have known about their planet's vault, possibly by accident too, and has been a family secret for generations.

Last edited:

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Interesting. Yeah I never played BL3, because I didn't really enjoy the combat or loot hunt of BL2 or TPS. The story was interesting, but I just hated the gameplay and grind. I really miss BL 1.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Interesting. Yeah I never played BL3, because I didn't really enjoy the combat or loot hunt of BL2 or TPS. The story was interesting, but I just hated the gameplay and grind. I really miss BL 1.
I really can't tell the difference between the games. Fast paced fps, procedurally generated guns, sex jokes, so in essence they are all the same to me except technological and graphical advancements.

If you don't mind my asking what makes the first game the peak of the series compared to the subsequent titles? Characters? Story? Gun variety? I am legitimately curious I'm not trying to defend or diss anything.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
A few major differences between BL1 and BL2:

1. BL1 you could play with whatever the game decided to throw at you, even using the boss weapons to progress, solo. In BL2, you had to grind a lot to get gear that was barely passable to get you through boss fights solo. BL2 was designed with coop in mind.

2. BL1 every gun manufacturer felt unique and worked to fill a specific niche for certain playstyles.

3. Eridani weapons had unlimited ammo, but had to recharge after x number of shots, depending on subtype (ie shotgun vs assault rifle).

4. Weapon skills in BL1, really improved guns massively.

5. The story was really good and saving the various claptraps was both hilarious and highly beneficial to the player.

6. The side quests really fleshed out the world and characters in BL1, and was basically forgettable in BL2.

7. Boss fights and Elite enemies were simpler in design, so you didn't have to cheese encounters or only use certain weapon types.

8. Almost all weapons consumed one bullet to fire. While in BL2, especially with E-Tech weapons, weapons consumed 2, 3, 4, or even 5 ammo per shot.

9. Maps were smaller, more concise, and less running back to where you died, when you die. There was also more checkpoints.

10. Vehicles were actually powerful and zipped around pretty fast.

11. Very few annoying flying enemies.

12. Secret areas aren't a pain to reach.

13. Shotguns had a lot of firepower and critical hit headshots with snipers often 1-shotted foes.

14. The story was short and sweet. While Bl2 really dragged at points.

15. No Handsome Jack. Or Butt Stallion. Or Tiny Tina.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
A few major differences between BL1 and BL2:

1. BL1 you could play with whatever the game decided to throw at you, even using the boss weapons to progress, solo. In BL2, you had to grind a lot to get gear that was barely passable to get you through boss fights solo. BL2 was designed with coop in mind.

2. BL1 every gun manufacturer felt unique and worked to fill a specific niche for certain playstyles.

3. Eridani weapons had unlimited ammo, but had to recharge after x number of shots, depending on subtype (ie shotgun vs assault rifle).

4. Weapon skills in BL1, really improved guns massively.

5. The story was really good and saving the various claptraps was both hilarious and highly beneficial to the player.

6. The side quests really fleshed out the world and characters in BL1, and was basically forgettable in BL2.

7. Boss fights and Elite enemies were simpler in design, so you didn't have to cheese encounters or only use certain weapon types.

8. Almost all weapons consumed one bullet to fire. While in BL2, especially with E-Tech weapons, weapons consumed 2, 3, 4, or even 5 ammo per shot.

9. Maps were smaller, more concise, and less running back to where you died, when you die. There was also more checkpoints.

10. Vehicles were actually powerful and zipped around pretty fast.

11. Very few annoying flying enemies.

12. Secret areas aren't a pain to reach.

13. Shotguns had a lot of firepower and critical hit headshots with snipers often 1-shotted foes.

14. The story was short and sweet. While Bl2 really dragged at points.

15. No Handsome Jack. Or Butt Stallion. Or Tiny Tina.
Ah yeah those make sense now that I think about it. I guess its a good thing I tend to shut down most of my brain when I jump into borderlands. Its all just senseless mayhem to me most of the time. I find it weird I got hooked into its story really.

zmbr

Sep 11, 2020
Probably a good idea to mark this thread with "Abandoned". Anybody knows how it's done?

biktori408

Apr 2, 2018
Apparently it was about the War between Hamas and Israel and he's starting to feel guilty making the game because of it
I m glad he left and realised something important.
Games can also be poision for your Soul too! Remeber Every desicion we make in this Life will decide who we truly are !
There wont be secons chance/respawn or any kind of bullshit.Dont be decived.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote