Oct 18, 2020
Few things, I like the concept of the game. Like others have mentioned, the battle system is definitely grindy and difficult to some extent. Difficulty settings would definitely help fix that issue.

I like the sub and dom thing. Do you plan to enable the opportunity for players to have a chance to unlock both? Such as once you get them to max sub can you work to switch them to max dom? That would be interesting for replayability but also provide more game time for the player.

Overall, the story seems to have great potential. I like the concept. Might as well let you know now that the folks here at f95 are very torn about the NTR content... so as long as that is avoidable... I think they'll be aight lol. You'll manage to satisfy the vast majority of players I think.

May 11, 2018
So uhm there is a footjob scene in the images but I can't seem to find that succubus at all I explored all the possibilities and west only shows Diane

D5D4D

Formerly 'D5rk_RaVeN'
Apr 12, 2021
Just wanted to point out a bug in the fight against Sarah. When you get to the sex scene the confidence of the player always goes down to ten, no matter how high it was before.

kaico

Jan 15, 2022
ToS is not a unique concept and this is pretty different regardless.
You could say that but how this is different from ToS? It has the same mechanic with "lust -/-, soul -/-" yk? Someone could say that this is an early version of ToS easily.

tommyboyx595

Aug 18, 2020
So this is literally a "Trials of Succubi" wanna-be? I mean you're free to make a game but at least should credit where you got the idea from. Good luck tho.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it lists TOTS as it's inspiration in the intro page, which is about as much as you can do to give credit, given that it doesn't use the same assets or even the same software.

Raziel Games

Formerly 'Tefinho'
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2017
You probably want to add onInit : _ => SimpleAudio.volume(settings.musicVol) to "musicVol" otherwise volume start at max until the player changes it.

I find it a little annoying that only clicking on the button text will register a click.
Changing:
<span class="but">[[Enter the mansion|Introduction]]</span>
To:
<span class="but" data-passage="Introduction">Enter the mansion</span>

would make to whole button clickable. You might even want to make a macro for it.
JavaScript:
Macro.add('press', {handler: function() {
    const classes = this.args[0];
    const dest = this.args[1];
    const text = this.args[2] || dest;

$(this.output).append(`<span class="${classes}" data-passage="${dest}">${text}</span>`);
}});
edit: In the dialog macro, the image path still references the game folder var url = "../DM/img/profiles/" + enemy + ".jpg"
edit2: In passage asp2CO the dialogs are not double quote wrapped, and an odd number of single quotes in the dialog result the the closing brackets being eaten and messing with the rest of the code.
Thanks a lot! I've definitely struggled with getting the coding right with sugarcube. I'll see to correct those in the next update. The button thing was also bugging me but I didn't find a way to fix it before.

Few things, I like the concept of the game. Like others have mentioned, the battle system is definitely grindy and difficult to some extent. Difficulty settings would definitely help fix that issue.

I like the sub and dom thing. Do you plan to enable the opportunity for players to have a chance to unlock both? Such as once you get them to max sub can you work to switch them to max dom? That would be interesting for replayability but also provide more game time for the player.

Overall, the story seems to have great potential. I like the concept. Might as well let you know now that the folks here at f95 are very torn about the NTR content... so as long as that is avoidable... I think they'll be aight lol. You'll manage to satisfy the vast majority of players I think.
Thank you! I do agree that turning from sub to dom could have a lot of potentiell and might explore that with some enemies, but it would probably be a huge effort to implement at a large scale. Right now I am definetly planning the game around 2 different playthroughs and yeah I will adjust the difficulty to facilitate that.

Oh, I've been around here for long enough to know that NTR is contested. That's why I did make it togglable and completely avoidable. Hope it doesn't scare people off like that. ^^

You could say that but how this is different from ToS? It has the same mechanic with "lust -/-, soul -/-" yk? Someone could say that this is an early version of ToS easily.
ToS was a big inspiration and I did link to the creators patreon page in the intro of this game. The difference is that ToS is focused around teasing, especially being a Milovania game. The point of ToS is to resist the Succubi otherwise you die, I wanted a game where you can be on top in a scenario like that and actually just fuck the demons. It's still early but as others have pointed out I feel like it has a different feel to ToS already, although it may give similar vibes.

ErnestoQSP

Feb 19, 2018
Is there no NTR Content here yet? Otherwise, I went to the end of this version and did not find anything ntr.

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
The button thing was also bugging me but I didn't find a way to fix it before.
I made a error in the macro, it should be
$(this.output).wiki
instead of
$(this.output).append

or it won't add the click events

You might have to turn the macro into a container so that double quotes can show up properly without having to escape single quotes in the button text.
JavaScript:
Macro.add('press', {tags: null, handler: function() {
  const classes = this.args[0];
  const dest = this.args[1];
  const text = this.payload[0].contents || dest;

$(this.output).wiki(`<span class=${classes} data-passage=${dest}>${text}</span>`);
}});
Which you can use like this
<<press "but dom" "DomV1">>"Who are you?"<</press>>

You might be able to achieve the same without turning the macro into a container by adding a 4th argument to the macro which you would use the wrap around the text.
JavaScript:
  const wrap = this.args[3] || '';
  const unwrap = wrap.split("").reverse().join("");

$(this.output).wiki(`<span class=${classes} data-passage=${dest}>${wrap}${text}${unwrap}</span>`);
Which would also allow you to use style markups as wrappers
<<press "but dom" "DomV1" "Who are you?" '"//'>>

or more simply you could just escape the double quotes
<<press "but dom" "DomV1" "\"Who are you?\"">>

Last edited:

dlang2772

Aug 12, 2021
You need to toggle the setting Off then On for it to work, until the dev updates the game
i've tried that a few times but nothing seems to work, just to be clear its in the west hall right? is there some other trigger im missing? NVM i didn't realise that you had to press okay for it to save

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
The music doesn't loop correctly, it should be loop(true) instead of loop = true

You can also use chaining on the track.
JavaScript:
track.loop(true)
    .volume(0.25)
    .playWhenAllowed();
From passage "boss1i1" if you go back to the main hall, the boss music still starts playing.
Since you need the track to be set in the previous passage, you need to put the var setter inside the link
Or you can run the play function in a later phase (like passagedisplay instead of passageinit) and set the var in the passage it should be played.

You might even want to combine the fadeout and play functions.
JavaScript:
$(document).on(':passagedisplay', e => {
    const track = SimpleAudio.tracks.get(variables().curMusic);

if (track && !track.isPlaying() && settings.EnableMusic) {
        SimpleAudio.select(":bg").fadeOut(2);
        track.loop(true).time(0).volume(0.25).playWhenAllowed();
    }
});
You would also need to add <<audio ":bg" volume 0>> to StoryInit or all the music will start to play on the first fade
Moving <<audio ":playing:not(:bg)" stop>> to passageinit might also be a good idea.
JavaScript:
$(document).on(':passageinit', e => {
    SimpleAudio.select(":playing:not(:bg)").stop();
});
Couple of other bugs a came across:
  • Passage "bendct1" has <<set $confidence to 10>> making some of the choices unreachable
  • Passages "cumSct" and "cumDct" are missing a </span> tag
  • Passage "angel1" uses $curSong instead of $curMusic
  • In the "changePurity" and "resetAddictions" macros the output opens with <span but ends with </p>
  • When choosing perks, the cost is updated before the price is paid, sometime resulting in negative perk points

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Sylph Phoenix

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
Thanks a lot! I've definitely struggled with getting the coding right with sugarcube.
If you want the button to behave to way the button/link macro would, you should use something like this.
It uses the "macro-box" css class instead of "but"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't need the wrap argument anymore since use can use backtick (`) in the [[]] object like:
<<box 'dom' [[`"Who are you?"`|DomV1]]>><<changeConfidence 5>><<changeLust 5>><</box>>
You can still use the old format if the button text doens't need to be wrapped in double quotes
<<box 'dom' "Who are you?" DomV1>><<changeConfidence 5>><<changeLust 5>><</box>>

It is good practice to keep every macro that increment variables inside an interactive elements such as link/button or the macro above.
That way if the player somehow comes back to the passage in an unintended way, such as returning from a menu passage, the variables won't be incremented twice.

Nukemouse

Apr 5, 2023
Haven't gotten far, but the first sections show a lot of promise, as does your description of what you want the game to be.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes