Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
G8F Basic Model w/hair and textures
View attachment 2876449
Looks nice but... how did you get the hair to fit? By the way, you have a PILE of virus morphs attached to this!

Anyhow, I loaded up the model myself then tried to attach the G3 hair to it and it fits, but the ponytail always gets messed up. I'll probably stick to the Genesis 3 Female model as trying to fit the G3 hair to the G8 female is very annoying. Here's what I get... it looks like a strange knot in the ponytail rather than the white band and I don't see a setting for that.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 203111.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Big Rooster

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Looks nice but... how did you get the hair to fit? By the way, you have a PILE of virus morphs attached to this!

Anyhow, I loaded up the model myself then tried to attach the G3 hair to it and it fits, but the ponytail always gets messed up. I'll probably stick to the Genesis 3 Female model as trying to fit the G3 hair to the G8 female is very annoying. Here's what I get... it looks like a strange knot in the ponytail rather than the white band and I don't see a setting for that.

View attachment 2879050
Rochelle Ponytail Hair Fix details here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-dating-my-daughter-art-assets-thread.4306/post-5281185

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
Looks Good :love:
You can add some normal and displacement maps

View attachment 2879050
I'll reexamine and sanitize the file and update the original.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I fixed it by simply using a Genesis 3 Female, which I think most of the females were G3F in this game. Had zero problems... well... except with the skin, the lips looked strange, so I applied a skin from another character from the same author (DYYS Xiao Yu), also Asian and it matched up nicely (he used the same skin on all his characters) without the lip texture problems.

This is what I came up with anyhow. This is a Genesis 3 model, which is what the game seems to use for all of them...

Cassandra (G3F).png

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I tried creating the daughter today and this is what I came up with, using the assets mentioned. I also used the G3F Growing Up to set her age to Older Teen and then done some of my own adjustments. I didn't use any special breast morph addons, I honestly dislike them. I just used the "Real World" section of the breast morphs. I think I came fairly close. Close enough for my liking anyhow. I got the size from closely examining in game screenshots from different angles and it appeared very close.

DMD Daughter (G3F).png

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
I fixed it by simply using a Genesis 3 Female, which I think most of the females were G3F in this game. Had zero problems... well... except with the skin, the lips looked strange, so I applied a skin from another character from the same author (DYYS Xiao Yu), also Asian and it matched up nicely (he used the same skin on all his characters) without the lip texture problems.

This is what I came up with anyhow. This is a Genesis 3 model, which is what the game seems to use for all of them...

View attachment 2879380
The only problem with G3 characters anymore is trying to use G8 clothing and shoes.

Reactions: Emma M

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The only problem with G3 characters anymore is trying to use G8 clothing and shoes.
Well, if you're recreating the game character, it seems to me that if they originally used a G3F, than the clothing used will also be G3 clothes, so... not a problem. I honestly did not know about this issue as I have never tried to put G8 clothing on a G3. :)

Update: I also tried to convert her from G3 to G8 using XTransfer and it won't do it. So you either use G3 or you don't recreate the daughter at all.

I can understand why G8 won't work on G3, because G8 is an upgrade with improvements that G3 didn't have. Putting G3 on G8 is not a problem, but it is more difficult to go backwards and put G8 clothes on G3 as G3 doesn't have certain features that were added to G8.

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Well, if you're recreating the game character, it seems to me that if they originally used a G3F, than the clothing used will also be G3 clothes, so... not a problem. I honestly did not know about this issue as I have never tried to put G8 clothing on a G3. :)

Update: I also tried to convert her from G3 to G8 using XTransfer and it won't do it. So you either use G3 or you don't recreate the daughter at all.

I can understand why G8 won't work on G3, because G8 is an upgrade with improvements that G3 didn't have. Putting G3 on G8 is not a problem, but it is more difficult to go backwards and put G8 clothes on G3 as G3 doesn't have certain features that were added to G8.
Most of the problems are the bones. Significant increase and improvements in newer Genesis models. There are third-party options. But like you mentioned about XTransfer, they often don't work. I have had only one success using XTransfer. Pretty disappointed. It would be great if the PAs would update the best-selling models to at least 8.1. Gen 9 would be great.
Blaire, Anna, and several other models, I use a lot that I would love to see updated.

Anyone use any of the other morph transfer assets that work better than XTransfer?

Reactions: Big Rooster

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Not one to turn down a challenge. The idea that G8 clothes don't fit on a G3 bugged me, so... after some experimentation I managed to fit a G8 necklace, G8 dress and G8 high heels, all of which would not autofit, to my G3 model, and it didn't take me much time either. Here is the result...

Daughter with G8 clothes.png

To do this...
- make sure NOTHING is selected in the scene
- load in your G8 clothes, again, DO NOT select the G3F, you don't want them to auto fit!
- Now select the clothing you wish to fit
- Right click the Scene tab and select EDIT and then Scene Identification (it should be the only selection with an icon next to it)
- Select Preferred Base and change it to /Genesis 3/Female. Note, that option will probably not be there, you will need to click the ... and add it.
- Now right click your clothing and select Fit To.... and it should fit to the character.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Not one to turn down a challenge. The idea that G8 clothes don't fit on a G3 bugged me, so... after some experimentation I managed to fit a G8 necklace, G8 dress and G8 high heels, all of which would not autofit, to my G3 model, and it didn't take me much time either. Here is the result...

View attachment 2880702

To do this...
- make sure NOTHING is selected in the scene
- load in your G8 clothes, again, DO NOT select the G3F, you don't want them to auto fit!
- Now select the clothing you wish to fit
- Right click the Scene tab and select EDIT and then Scene Identification (it should be the only selection with an icon next to it)
- Select Preferred Base and change it to /Genesis 3/Female. Note, that option will probably not be there, you will need to click the ... and add it.
- Now right click your clothing and select Fit To.... and it should fit to the character.
Yep, watched a video and that is how Jay does it (WP Guru). IT Roy and couple of the other guys have videos on that too.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yep, watched a video and that is how Jay does it (WP Guru). IT Roy and couple of the other guys have videos on that too.
I knew about using this idea for fitting a RING in the past and I still had notes on it, so I decided to try the same idea with clothing.

Reactions: Nurikabe

panzerj

Jun 9, 2021
HAHAHAHA, I did it, made my version of D into a G8F ported morph!!!

This allows me to have a D morph slider for her to use and I'll make one for all genesis versions including G9 that just came out! I do wonder how hard it will be to make a V4 morph slider of her..... I must say its so nice no longer needing to load a file and the fact is I can now uninstall all the files I needed to make her in the first place. Better yet and future daz setups can just be setup with her as a custom morph from now on, never needing any assets to make her. I'll have to do that with every one of my customized girls, especially the VN remakes I spent ages making!

I have backed up all the OBJ files to make the morph in 6 places so I wont need to worry about losing her ever and I'll fo that with all my custom made characters!

The Original G3F D I made took about 2-3 weeks until I was happy, had to do a lot of testing with clothing, poses and so on to see if I got her right. But I do like her in her Dev skin instead of a textured skin lol. It's amazing how you can see so much more, which I'll use all the morphs and assets of my G8F setup to fine tune her before porting her to the other formats. Then I'll bring that version as a G3F that was originally used assets to make her. Can never have enough copies and versions of her, which I will make a special morph so I can dial her breasts down to an A cup (which is my favorite version I made for myself of her) and dial it back to what it's meant to be. Save me needing to load 2 versions of her, plus I'll have all the version in-between also.

Guess I never really appreciated the convenience of morph sliders until making my own... Can't have fun blending her with Jen or Elle morph for some fun and see what I get lol! Still got to make them though lol.

So handy to know how to make and save your own morphs! Must skill to learn!

Which I can't wait to make her a G9. I ported an elf I made while learning and testing how to do all this. Once I placed the Victoria 9 skin on her, WOW is all I can say! Even the detail to her face structure and body had improved without needing to do anything. I'll post a nice G9 render of my D once I complete sorting her out to what I want.

The only issue will be the hair... seeing I have no idea how to make hair I'll have to rely on Rochelle Ponytail Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s), to get her looking correct....

so you wouldn't consider sharing that .duf for gen 8, would you?