VN Ren'Py [Devlog] Star Periphery (Futadom/Femdom)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2020
this looks amazing! and i believe it will be on bar with Futadom game =D

you should start a patreon to receive support as am willing to be first one to support!
I'm sorry I'm already the first one who will give support to a cumbersome like him, he promises really well and I bet he will do and will give many beautiful things

Reactions: LowLowuo

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
It's Futa Friday!

And that means it is time for update #2. And also because I've just finished another batch of locations - the showers and Engineering deck on ship Despina and the entirety of Spaceport on our outlaw space station.
Today will be less spicy than the previous update, as it is nearly 100% tits and dicks-free :HideThePain:. But if you are interested in learning about the game's setting and the environments, you'll enjoy this one. If you don't care or want to explore on your own after the release, you can safely skip this update!

The setting introduction:
corew3.png
An expansionist Union owns most of this galaxy from the seat of their power - aptly named "Core Worlds." Citizens of these worlds live in immense luxury, having access to high education and incredible quality of life. Although lately, many have begun to claim that these worlds are nothing but golden cages - all luxury, no freedom. Others talk about forced conformism, state-dictated morals, and dissidents disappearing overnight.
Still, no one can deny Union's achievements regarding peace and stability. Whether Union is a totalitarian force to be dealt with, or a benevolent dictatorship making needed compromises for the good of its citizens, depends on whom you ask.

galaxy_map.png
However, you as a player won't start your journey on a posh, luxurious Core Worlds. No, no.

See those red parts along the edge of the map? Enter the Periphery, the galactic frontier. A dangerous, wild, and largely lawless place. And after Union took power, it became a place where millions of dissidents, freedom fighters, and all types of "socially undesirable" found shelter. Along with criminals, pirates, smugglers, and just about everyone in between.
As a result, Periphery began to develop a peculiar culture. One that is staunchly independent, with little care for established laws and norms of the "better folk" of civilized Core Worlds. At best, the frontier culture is freedom-loving, genuinely tolerant, and independent, adhering to the golden rule of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." At worst, there is a tendency for blind contrarianism and approval of dangerous dog-eat-dog views.
From Union's perspective, frontier people are anarchist degenerates, good-for-nothing-have-nots, criminals, or dirty backwater bums. On the other hand, citizens of Periphery see themselves as the last free people in an otherwise Union-dominated space, their way of life as a matter of pride.

There are ten space stations on the frontier, serving as the last stop for the space truckers and cargo haulers before they dive into the endless galactic shipping lanes, a resupply spot for explorers before they venture into the unknown. And a rich but dangerous claim for space miners and ice collectors. And, of course, home to various outlaws, exiles, and all others deemed unfit to live in a decent Union society.

galaxy_map_psx.png
PS-10 is a space station twice unique. It is furthest, the most remote of them all. It is also the only one that, a few years ago, got rid of the Union governor and proclaimed independence. Since then, there has been no government on the station, only local bosses who keep a fragile peace. Simply put, it is a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" on steroids. And it is also where you begin your journey.

About custom environments:

Finally, let me give you a peek at some of the environmental details I have been working on. I'm a great fan of custom-made environments filled with little details, so I hope you'll appreciate these:
details.png
From the top left: 1) the custom display of a futa condom vending machine. 2) Distant background of the street scene. 3) Writing on the wall of a (very slow) elevator. 4) A small portion of a wall at Spaceport. 5) A background shelf in a particular clinic run by one strict doctor who likes to train boys (Yes, there will be scenes with toys!). 6) Grafitti on the hull of public air transport.

There are LOTS of details like this throughout the whole game. Some have story-related meanings; others do not. Some are to make you laugh, and some to make the scene hotter. Some might even foreshadow future events. You will most definitely enjoy Star Periphery if you like custom-made environments with lots of small details to look at!

That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed the update (even though lacking in nudity this time). If you have any questions about the development (or any wishes), do not hesitate to hit me up with a message or a comment.

Next update?
The next update will be much sexier, as I will show you another batch of character introductions. You can look forward to a stern doctor, a combat veteran, and a smuggler queen.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Well I'm glad you are investing a lot in making the world an interesting place, crafting locations and lore to make it a better experience.
I do have to say that the hard part in open world games is making it a smooth experience for the player, for example the game Star Sector, which has a similar theme to yours had decent renders but the navigation and general player experience was horrendous for me, which made me avoid the game's future releases.

Reactions: Jwow3

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
I do have to say that the hard part in open world games is making it a smooth experience for the player
Absolutely. It is one of the reasons why I decided against making a fully open-world game. I am not experienced enough to be able to provide such a smooth gameplay loop. Especially not without some form of grinding or mechanics that mainly serve as an artificial road bumper between content one wants to see. It is why Star Periphery has some open-world mechanics (namely a map(s) and a certain amount of freedom to choose what scenes/paths/outcomes you want to see or in which order), but as a whole, it is more linear than open-world.

I am making such a mess about environments and world-building because, in my view, it makes for greater immersion and a more memorable experience in general. The immersion is essential because it can also help build a much deeper erotic impact. If the game makes people say, "That's hot!" then all is good. But I would also like to produce "That's cool!" too.

onetwo92

Jul 18, 2021
honestly this looks amazing blown away by your level of detail and adding little comments like that, I think humour goes a long way in these games so thank you for adding that! Please let us all know when you make a patreon and discord

Reactions: VoidPilgrim
Oct 9, 2020
Absolutely. It is one of the reasons why I decided against making a fully open-world game. I am not experienced enough to be able to provide such a smooth gameplay loop. Especially not without some form of grinding or mechanics that mainly serve as an artificial road bumper between content one wants to see. It is why Star Periphery has some open-world mechanics (namely a map(s) and a certain amount of freedom to choose what scenes/paths/outcomes you want to see or in which order), but as a whole, it is more linear than open-world.

I am making such a mess about environments and world-building because, in my view, it makes for greater immersion and a more memorable experience in general. The immersion is essential because it can also help build a much deeper erotic impact. If the game makes people say, "That's hot!" then all is good. But I would also like to produce "That's cool!" too.
fabulous everything you are making, the details in those images are beautiful, you are creating something huge especially in this huge univero that surely what you are showing is only the tip of the iceberg, which will enlarge in a gigantic way this thing, I would have just a small question (I know it's still nice soon but on our own I would like to know), the game itself I mean version 0.1 when could it come out?

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Throbbing Thursday!
It is not Friday, but since I finished the update earlier, there is no reason to hold out on you. The third time's the charm, and I think a lot of you will enjoy this update. But first, some other good (and spicy) news about the progress towards the release.

1) Tech progress
From the pics of full tops below, some of you may have noticed I have finally managed to properly wrangle the clothing. No more of the infamous boobsock. This progress may also open the road to realistic cock outlines in those tight shiny clothes we all like. If everything goes well, there will no longer be just a simple bulge but a proper futa outline in that sweet latex, leather, spandex, etc.

Here is Tessa to illustrate it for us. The left side is how the default looks. Simply put, it looks like crap. Making it look somewhat presentable took a LOT of time previously. The right side is my work via the new method. It is the same exact tank top with the same texture. I think the difference speaks for itself. And it is fast!
tiddytech.png

2) Path to the release
I am happy to tell you that I have nearly finished all the text for the release version. Right now, I am in the process of implementing it into the game. Then the remaining renders, the last custom UI touches, and the release version will be ready.

3) Character introductions:
So, without further ado, let me show you another three characters from the game.

iris intro1.png
iris intro2.png iris intro3.png
Background:
No one knows who Iris was before she arrived in the Periphery. Some claim origins in high Union society. Some say she is a defector from Theocracy, a dangerous cult operating from somewhere in Uncharted sectors. But no one can deny two things. The tall blonde is an unmatched medical expert, possibly one of the best in the frontier. And that she is also a cold and strict woman with a penchant for bending boys to her dominating will. Iris has been serving as a medical officer on the cargo ship Despina for the last few years.

amira intro1.png
amira intro2.png amira intro3.png
Background:
Painfully blunt and violent, but also honest and loyal to a fault towards her friends, such is Amira, Despina's security chief. Previously an NCO in Union Infantry, the muscular brunette is a combat veteran of countless campaigns, and she has scars to show for it. But there is a breaking point for everyone, even for a woman of her stature. Before she found hers, Amira already knew better and was on her way to the Periphery.

ginny intro1.png
ginny intro2.png ginny intro3.png
Background:
A raven-haired woman known as Ginny has been controlling an impressive chunk of illegal trade around the Periphery for nearly a decade. Tattooed smuggler queen is a dependable and fair business partner widely praised for her pleasant demeanor. But woe upon those who cross her. Those who do have an infamous tendency to commit the strangest of suicides. You share a past with Ginny. Like many other young station boys, you previously did some jobs for her. She agreed to pay for your transport to PSX after all. You are in her debt, something you should remedy fast.

And that's it for today.
Next time will be special because I will show you some of the alien ladies I have prepared for the game. And, of course, also their alien dongs, tentacles, and other fun things with which they want to have some hard, rough, and slimy fun with our protagonist.

Oct 9, 2020
Throbbing Thursday!
It is not Friday, but since I finished the update earlier, there is no reason to hold out on you. The third time's the charm, and I think a lot of you will enjoy this update. But first, some other good (and spicy) news about the progress towards the release.

1) Tech progress
From the pics of full tops below, some of you may have noticed I have finally managed to properly wrangle the clothing. No more of the infamous boobsock. This progress may also open the road to realistic cock outlines in those tight shiny clothes we all like. If everything goes well, there will no longer be just a simple bulge but a proper futa outline in that sweet latex, leather, spandex, etc.

Here is Tessa to illustrate it for us. The left side is how the default looks. Simply put, it looks like crap. Making it look somewhat presentable took a LOT of time previously. The right side is my work via the new method. It is the same exact tank top with the same texture. I think the difference speaks for itself. And it is fast!
View attachment 2144376

2) Path to the release
I am happy to tell you that I have nearly finished all the text for the release version. Right now, I am in the process of implementing it into the game. Then the remaining renders, the last custom UI touches, and the release version will be ready.

3) Character introductions:
So, without further ado, let me show you another three characters from the game.

View attachment 2144391
View attachment 2144392 View attachment 2144394
Background:
No one knows who Iris was before she arrived in the Periphery. Some claim origins in high Union society. Some say she is a defector from Theocracy, a dangerous cult operating from somewhere in Uncharted sectors. But no one can deny two things. The tall blonde is an unmatched medical expert, possibly one of the best in the frontier. And that she is also a cold and strict woman with a penchant for bending boys to her dominating will. Iris has been serving as a medical officer on the cargo ship Despina for the last few years.

View attachment 2144396
View attachment 2144398 View attachment 2144399
Background:
Painfully blunt and violent, but also honest and loyal to a fault towards her friends, such is Amira, Despina's security chief. Previously an NCO in Union Infantry, the muscular brunette is a combat veteran of countless campaigns, and she has scars to show for it. But there is a breaking point for everyone, even for a woman of her stature. Before she found hers, Amira already knew better and was on her way to the Periphery.

View attachment 2144402
View attachment 2144403 View attachment 2144404
Background:
A raven-haired woman known as Ginny has been controlling an impressive chunk of illegal trade around the Periphery for nearly a decade. Tattooed smuggler queen is a dependable and fair business partner widely praised for her pleasant demeanor. But woe upon those who cross her. Those who do have an infamous tendency to commit the strangest of suicides. You share a past with Ginny. Like many other young station boys, you previously did some jobs for her. She agreed to pay for your transport to PSX after all. You are in her debt, something you should remedy fast.

And that's it for today.
Next time will be special because I will show you some of the alien ladies I have prepared for the game. And, of course, also their alien dongs, tentacles, and other fun things with which they want to have some hard, rough, and slimy fun with our protagonist.
I see and hear only good news, you always show beautiful futanari that will be in the game and it is a not perfect thing more, then you will show us some aliens as well, I am no longer in the skin I sincerely hope that the release of the full game is not too far because I want to play it like right away friend, I want to see everything you make and you will show us in this universe full of beautiful futanari dominating some kids (including us hehe).

Abelzal

Jun 2, 2017
Watched. Immediately.

P.S: one complaint is your ladies all look roughly the same, proportion-wise. I understand that a man's gotta have preferences, but surely it isn't too much to ask for more variety? Some thinner, some taller, some leggier... maybe make them a bit less exaggerated? I understand you're in the middle of things and it's a tall ask, but I really believe that it'd make your game more popular if they weren't that cartoonishly thicc.

Devinebeast

Sep 27, 2021
Watched. Immediately.

P.S: one complaint is your ladies all look roughly the same, proportion-wise. I understand that a man's gotta have preferences, but surely it isn't too much to ask for more variety? Some thinner, some taller, some leggier... maybe make them a bit less exaggerated? I understand you're in the middle of things and it's a tall ask, but I really believe that it'd make your game more popular if they weren't that cartoonishly thicc.
Man don't say that , i love that renders are thicc , i don't want that dev changes his mind

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Watched. Immediately.

It may not be immediately visible from the renders, but I already got you covered in the height department. For example, Ginny is relatively short, while Iris is VERY tall. Tessa is a big lady all around, both tall and plump. Lise is of average height, etc.

One of the support characters is a slender-ish alien lady. I am okay with making more later if enough of you sticc enjoyers ask for it.
But as it stands, the game's primary focus is thicc.

Man don't say that , i love that renders are thicc , i don't want that dev changes his mind
No worries! While I don't mind making something extra later, the main focus will stay the same - thick futa ladies.

Oct 9, 2020
It may not be immediately visible from the renders, but I already got you covered in the height department. For example, Ginny is relatively short, while Iris is VERY tall. Tessa is a big lady all around, both tall and plump. Lise is of average height, etc.

One of the support characters is a slender-ish alien lady. I am okay with making more later if enough of you sticc enjoyers ask for it.
But as it stands, the game's primary focus is thicc.

No worries! While I don't mind making something extra later, the main focus will stay the same - thick futa ladies.
what you do now is not good but very well, later if the main theme will always be the futanari then trust me many will remain faithful to you for life, then I will be among those (however I understand you will also put more). But for now, just give us nice big futanari and nice alien eheh

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Hopefully she's got one of them exotic funky schlongs too :cool:
Oh yes. There are ALL kinds of exotic alien dongs, both shapes and colors. Currently working on materials and shaders, so they will also get slick and shiny when used.

Reactions: Jwow3
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes