VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters [v0.3a] [PingPanda]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
There is a new v0.3 version out, a none alpha, you can find it in the description of the patreon page.

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
Q. When will we see the first finished game?
A. That's really hard to say, do we ever see a finished game? some games just...stop....and we're left to wonder....what happened next? I think wanting to explain what happens next is what will drive me to keep a game going as long as possibly.
Really if you read that on his Patreon site, I'd recommend not playing the game.
It's already burned before you'll get to the good parts.
Just my opinion...

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Really if you read that on his Patreon site, I'd recommend not playing the game.
It's already burned before you'll get to the good parts.
Just my opinion...
Why would that cause people not to want to play? what I'm basically saying is I'll never quit developing games.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@PingPanda

Could you give us an update about the game, because at this point I'm really confuse.
1)Did you change the story?
2)Did you change the title?
3)Who is the girl in your last public image in patreon? Is she the new sister with a new color of the hair?

If you change the story could you write one line or two about the new one and the characters, please?
Because at present I'm under the impression that we are talking about a new completely different game

Thanks you so much for your time.

Reactions: Arcane666

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda

Could you give us an update about the game, because at this point I'm really confuse.
1)Did you change the story?
2)Did you change the title?
3)Who is the girl in your last public image in patreon? Is she the new sister with a new color of the hair?

If you change the story could you write one line or two about the new one and the characters, please?
Because at present I'm under the impression that we are talking about a new completely different game

Thanks you so much for your time.
If you take a look back through this months public posts there are plenty of posts about what's going on & who everyone is.

There's been poll after poll after poll making sure people are happy with what's going on and if they're happy with the changes.

But, to answer your above questions:

1 ) Did you change the story? - Yes...and no, it's hard to say really, it's not so much the "story" I've changes, simply the way the game is being seen ( I.E the backend coding ). The game will start the same as Family Matters, but it'll offer a lot more down the line, I'll explain more at the bottom.

2 ) Did you change the title? - Yes, there was a public poll & a lot of people felt because of Patreons new guidelines it might be best to not have any incest related names in the title ( such a Family ). Also, it just sounds better & no more Urkle jokes...yay :p

3 ) Who is the girl in your last public image in patreon? Is she the new sister with a new color of the hair? - She is the same sister as in Family Matters, however, she's had a little makeover in terms of hair, if you have a little look people prefer the new design to the old one & the game will also introduce a new sister.

To add more onto question 1, the game at the moment pretty much follows a set story line, where the father is dead and you're trying to dominate or love your mother, sister or aunt.

However, with the new system it'll be a lot more open world based, with a better money system, shop, inventory, day/night cycle, town map, clickable locations, job system, more characters such as shop keeper, police women ect ect

Not only that but it allows me to offer more to an update, for example, with Family Matters, it would take me probably just under a week to do 1 scene and even then, it wasn't a very good scene and the game would only be 30 minutes long, at best.

But, with this new system it makes certain aspects repeatable, like giving mom a massage to earn love or blackmail her to gain some domination points.

I've always said, from day 1 of starting Family Matters that it'll simply be a learning curve for me until I feel confident enough with my coding skills to do more, now, I feel I'm at that point and I'm ready to start on the main event, the career changers. I'm actually that confident with the new game that I'm getting ready to quit my actual job and work full time on the game.

Hope that clears a few things up :p

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
However, with the new system it'll be a lot more open world based, with a better money system, shop, inventory, day/night cycle, town map, clickable locations, job system, more characters such as shop keeper, police women ect ect

But, with this new system it makes certain aspects repeatable, like giving mom a massage to earn love or blackmail her to gain some domination points.
Don't wanna jinx anything, but to be honest that sounds like it's either destined to crash horribly or burn you out and then crash horribly. A whole job system that's not just a joke is probably enough for three updates and on top of that you have like 18 other things that you'd need to work on besides the really important things like renders and story. I wish you all the best for your endeavor, but I'm pessimistic about its success.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Don't wanna jinx anything, but to be honest that sounds like it's either destined to crash horribly or burn you out and then crash horribly. A whole job system that's not just a joke is probably enough for three updates and on top of that you have like 18 other things that you'd need to work on besides the really important things like renders and story. I wish you all the best for your endeavor, but I'm pessimistic about its success.
As of right now I've got about 80% of the coding done, I just need to finish off the town map, do some tweaks to the inventory system & that's pretty much it.

I've already started on the scenes and scene 1 is 98ish% done, just got 1 or 2 more renders to do then it'll be golden, after that I expect to have at least 2 repeatable scenes done for the release in December.

Then, I've got all December to work on the scenes, but not all the scenes will be the same as in FM & many will be repeatable, making the game feel longer and giving it more meaning.

For me, FM felt a little unrewarding, you put time into it and don't really get much back, I want DD to feel different, I want people to want to play it and keep playing it.

Reactions: RWaites

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
If you take a look back through this months public posts there are plenty of posts about what's going on & who everyone is.

There's been poll after poll after poll making sure people are happy with what's going on and if they're happy with the changes.

But, to answer your above questions:

1 ) Did you change the story? - Yes...and no, it's hard to say really, it's not so much the "story" I've changes, simply the way the game is being seen ( I.E the backend coding ). The game will start the same as Family Matters, but it'll offer a lot more down the line, I'll explain more at the bottom.

2 ) Did you change the title? - Yes, there was a public poll & a lot of people felt because of Patreons new guidelines it might be best to not have any incest related names in the title ( such a Family ). Also, it just sounds better & no more Urkle jokes...yay :p

3 ) Who is the girl in your last public image in patreon? Is she the new sister with a new color of the hair? - She is the same sister as in Family Matters, however, she's had a little makeover in terms of hair, if you have a little look people prefer the new design to the old one & the game will also introduce a new sister.

To add more onto question 1, the game at the moment pretty much follows a set story line, where the father is dead and you're trying to dominate or love your mother, sister or aunt.

Not only that but it allows me to offer more to an update, for example, with Family Matters, it would take me probably just under a week to do 1 scene and even then, it wasn't a very good scene and the game would only be 30 minutes long, at best.

I've always said, from day 1 of starting Family Matters that it'll simply be a learning curve for me until I feel confident enough with my coding skills to do more, now, I feel I'm at that point and I'm ready to start on the main event, the career changers. I'm actually that confident with the new game that I'm getting ready to quit my actual job and work full time on the game.

Hope that clears a few things up :p
Thank you so much for your time. I apologize. I didn't actually think to check all your public posts on patreon.
Sorry about that.

I this point i think this tread is really obsolete. We should probably move it in general discussion and change the title in: new title (formerly family matters).

When you'll release a new version, we will open a new thread with new title, overview and images.

i hope this is it a problem for you.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Thank you so much for your time. I apologize. I didn't actually think to check all your public posts on patreon.
Sorry about that.

I this point i think this tread is really obsolete. We should probably move it in general discussion and change the title in: new title (formerly family matters).

When you'll release a new version, we will open a new thread with new title, overview and images.

i hope this is it a problem for you.
I agree, I've message the thread creator to see if he can close or move the thread & once a working version of the new game is out I'll either post a new thread or he can if he wants :p

Reactions: RWaites
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes