Ren'Py [Dev Thread] Blissful Sleep (Futanari MC)

What next? (see details in post 2)

• The Day

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • The Night

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Wet Dreams

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • User experience

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
!!! Edit : There was a bug with Evelyn's friendship event not leveling her friendship, more details below

New Update focusing on Big sis Evelyn :
- 5 Friendship events with Eve (Bugged at the moment, will be fixed soon...)
- You can now encounter other dream divers during the night, mainly Margaret, but also Rhoda, a new secondary character.
- During the day, Margaret can give you tips in addition to her night buff. And she was upgraded from option in the inn to her own place on the map.
- Misc small changes that might or might not cause bugs and/or old save incompatibilities.

The bad news is that I've started a . Art is expensive and I'll need help to be able to do it long term, but for now, it's only to help, I'll continue working on the game as usual.
For now, everything made on Patreon will be used to pay an artist for the illustrations, so the page is quite simple, but when the development picks up pace, I'll add more interactivity and membership ranks (I'll see the benefits later, but no exclusivity).

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Plans for the next update, and before releasing it to the game section :
  • Evelyn & Melody : 5 Friendship, 2 Love and 2 Lust events each
  • Second dream : illustrations for the succubi and a real boss
  • Battle : Include sound effects to the abilities & look into doing some animations
  • UI : Unify the style and general improvements

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I just found a few bugs :
- I forgot to advance Evelyn's friendship at the end of her event in 0.1.1, so here's the fixed version.
- If you loose against the Pixie, the following event doesn't trigger and locks you out of Melody

I also ditched the Lucid Dreams part, it was the game's name at first but it felt too common. I had already changed a while back, but some settings were left unchanged (there might still be some), like the name of the whole project...

Last edited:

BadCuban42

Apr 26, 2021
I agree with Icarus, being on the game threads will generate more interaction with your project. Your post in another "nascent", early release game brought me here. Just from the amount/quality of your postings on your efforts, I think this is likely as good or better than that one at this point (having looked through the code, it needs some refactoring).

Love this kink, need more games in this stable. Now I have another one to try out, hopefully we can improve it and make it what you imagined it would be.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I agree with Icarus, being on the game threads will generate more interaction with your project. Your post in another "nascent", early release game brought me here. Just from the amount/quality of your postings on your efforts, I think this is likely as good or better than that one at this point (having looked through the code, it needs some refactoring).

Love this kink, need more games in this stable. Now I have another one to try out, hopefully we can improve it and make it what you imagined it would be.
Thanks, I plan to release soon to the game section soon, but I'd like to have a good "demo" before that.
And for the code, I agree, I'll need a good cleanup sometimes. It's my first Ren'Py project and first time using Python, so there are a lot of experimentations, and the way I organized the code is quite chaotic.

Brort

Mar 20, 2020
do you have a certain date for the release of the demo?
like in the next few months or will it take longer?

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
do you have a certain date for the release of the demo?
like in the next few months or will it take longer?
It shouldn't be too long. Right now, I'm working on the GUI and I'm quite satisfied of it.
I've also written Melody's 2 love scenes and one of Evelyn's, so there are only 5 remaining.
Battle sound effects are implemented, but I don't have different sounds for now.

I'll probably release a 0.1.2 before the demo (which will be 0.2) and do the second dream after that. Probably early next month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brort

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Here's the new version

What's new?
  • Redid the UI, some elements are still WIP, but most of it is done
  • 2 Love and 2 Lust events for Evelyn and Margaret
    • Introducing a new secondary character, Rhoda the orc. You'll see her in some of Evelyn's events and maybe somewhere else...
  • New image for Evelyn
  • Margaret can now give you a small tutorial before the first fight and explains game mechanics when you visit her during the day
Other notes
  • There are probably some bugs lurking. I built this version without checking it as much since the 0.2 is close, I'll check more then.
  • I started switching the father from boring and distant to something more interesting. She (she's a shemale) will be more developed once I'll start working on the main story.
For 0.2 :
  • Finish the Town's Dream Dive (Finish the succubi, make a boss, maybe some events,...)
  • Redo Pixie, I don't like her abilities, I'll have to find something else...
  • Make the hidden events available. They consist of events happening out of the point of view of the player, they will be shown by Margaret on the main menu.
  • Introduce the next playable character

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
New update is here :
I didn't finish everything I wanted to do, but it's complete enough to show here.

What's new?
  • The town's dream is finished, if a bit hard : 6 succubi to fight plus the boss at the end.
  • Extra events : What happen when you aren't there? The Extra button on the main screen show you scenes where you weren't there, but Margaret managed to have a peek.
  • Introduction to Chapter 2, where the next character is teased, but not yet playable.
  • The library is here, if you want more details about some of the lore, aka my justification to give boobs to all my characters.
Notes :
  • I tried to make all the dialogue more active by making character move around the screen when needed, but I'm not convinced... I'll have to see. It's not done in older scenes yet.
  • The sex scenes are supposed to have some art, but my artist is a bit overworked at the moment, so it'll have to wait.
What's next?
  • I plan to make a clean 0.2.1, with bugfixes and more, so it shouldn't be too long, but won't have much change
  • I fumbled around trying to make the Pixie more fun to play, but couldn't decide yet, so it'll be for next time
  • Balancing the town. It might be a bit too hard at the moment, I didn't test enough.
  • Adding a shop event to the town, to finally use those crystals. I planned to do it this time, but simply forgot.
  • Maybe the fight to save the new character...

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Nice!

I played some and encountered a bug:
In the event where you sleep next to a succubus, the option to give her an ability causes a bug: if you open the Abilities menu afterwards trying to close it brings up the "cancel the trade?" confirmation and throws an error if you accept.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Nice!

I played some and encountered a bug:
In the event where you sleep next to a succubus, the option to give her an ability causes a bug: if you open the Abilities menu afterwards trying to close it brings up the "cancel the trade?" confirmation and throws an error if you accept.
Thanks, I'll look into it (y)

Edit : It's fixed, but I'll upload it with the next update.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
  • The sex scenes are supposed to have some art, but my artist is a bit overworked at the moment, so it'll have to wait.
Art is going to be a big headache for you if you're not doing it yourself. It's a story I've seen play out for many H-games. The best solution I've seen is to use multiple artists, even that's a pain.

• I fumbled around trying to make the Pixie more fun to play, but couldn't decide yet, so it'll be for next time
  • Balancing the town. It might be a bit too hard at the moment, I didn't test enough.
I've thought quite a bit about fairy's combat style since you mentioned this before. Used her exclusively for this update. I didn't find it un-fun so much as not being viable with the current lack of permanent upgrades or a method of healing repeatedly, to get to the boss succubus of the town I had to avoid fights as much as possible or get really lucky on enemies' dice rolls. I played her like a glass cannon, focusing on building up charge for a single devastating hit unless I saw a big attack coming. Don't believe I could get through the next area unless I got extremely lucky rolling max every turn while the enemy rolled min.

Before I give any suggestions I'd like to ask: What's the intended play-style with fairy? Is it to focus almost exclusively on defense until you get a lucky turn where the enemies' attack will be low and you can throw 2 6's at them? Maybe just ping them for 1 or 2 each turn?

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Art is going to be a big headache for you if you're not doing it yourself. It's a story I've seen play out for many H-games. The best solution I've seen is to use multiple artists, even that's a pain.
I plan to have another/multiple artists for the succubi at night, but keep the same for the characters and scenes. But as it is a money sink right now, I'll keep the "borrowed" art I have.

I've thought quite a bit about fairy's combat style since you mentioned this before. Used her exclusively for this update. I didn't find it un-fun so much as not being viable with the current lack of permanent upgrades or a method of healing repeatedly, to get to the boss succubus of the town I had to avoid fights as much as possible or get really lucky on enemies' dice rolls. I played her like a glass cannon, focusing on building up charge for a single devastating hit unless I saw a big attack coming. Don't believe I could get through the next area unless I got extremely lucky rolling max every turn while the enemy rolled min.

Before I give any suggestions I'd like to ask: What's the intended play-style with fairy? Is it to focus almost exclusively on defense until you get a lucky turn where the enemies' attack will be low and you can throw 2 6's at them? Maybe just ping them for 1 or 2 each turn?
The fairy was supposed to introduce the tease mechanic and a bit chaotic (here with the random rerolls). I thought of using tease to get enough defense, then switching to offense with the remainder of tease, but I ended up using her as a glass cannon too because the rerolls made it too unreliable.

I switched her abilities yesterday to make her more reliable.
  • Reroll : uses 1 die, reroll all dice (opponent's too) and give 1 tease, or 2 if used a 6
  • Offense : uses 3-, inflicts dmg equal to die and transform tease into aphrodisiac (poison)
  • Defense : uses Even, gains defense equal to die and transform tease into healing
I'll have to use her more to see how she feels, but I think the tease is the main problem and just isn't that interesting. I wanted to have a random encounter giving other tease abilities, but as you need at least two pieces for it to work (one to generate tease and another to use it), I don't see it working with other characters...

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
but as you need at least two pieces for it to work
You can have a single ability generate Tease or use it based on Die value.
Idea 1:
- Offense: uses any; Odd: gains Tease equal to value+1, Even: consume Tease to deal that much damage.
- Defense: uses any; Even: gains Tease equal to value+1, Odd: consume Tease to gain that much defense.
These are probably too weak to be Fairy's base abilities because you lose a die when you attack/defend. We could add the previous effect of "and reroll the die" but I didn't want to make the text too long.
It also does not fix the issue of Fairy playing as a glass cannon. Losing your Tease every time you defend is painful.
These could make decent individual abilities though. If you have a non-Tease way to defend while you build your Tease to 1-shot, or if you have a way to deal damage while face-tanking small damage and building a big Tease to cancel large damage, these are more interesting with non-Tease abilities.

Idea 2:
- Offense: uses any; Odd: gains Tease equal to value, Even: deal damage equal to Tease then reduce Tease by half.
- Defense: uses any; Even: gains Tease equal to value, Odd: gain defense equal to Tease then reduce Tease by half.
This is probably a good set for Fairy. The die you convert into Tease can theoretically deal up to twice their value in damage/defense, but you lose the value of the die spent to trigger it, you lose some value if you round down and you lose the Tease you have left at the end of the match. Cutting Tease in half also means you can Defend without losing all your attack progress.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
After playing a bit more, I found that it was more the forced reroll that made it unreliable... shocking =3

You can have a single ability generate Tease or use it based on Die value.
Idea 1:
- Offense: uses any; Odd: gains Tease equal to value+1, Even: consume Tease to deal that much damage.
- Defense: uses any; Even: gains Tease equal to value+1, Odd: consume Tease to gain that much defense.
These are probably too weak to be Fairy's base abilities because you lose a die when you attack/defend. We could add the previous effect of "and reroll the die" but I didn't want to make the text too long.
It also does not fix the issue of Fairy playing as a glass cannon. Losing your Tease every time you defend is painful.
These could make decent individual abilities though. If you have a non-Tease way to defend while you build your Tease to 1-shot, or if you have a way to deal damage while face-tanking small damage and building a big Tease to cancel large damage, these are more interesting with non-Tease abilities.

Idea 2:
- Offense: uses any; Odd: gains Tease equal to value, Even: deal damage equal to Tease then reduce Tease by half.
- Defense: uses any; Even: gains Tease equal to value, Odd: gain defense equal to Tease then reduce Tease by half.
This is probably a good set for Fairy. The die you convert into Tease can theoretically deal up to twice their value in damage/defense, but you lose the value of the die spent to trigger it, you lose some value if you round down and you lose the Tease you have left at the end of the match. Cutting Tease in half also means you can Defend without losing all your attack progress.
I started initially with your first idea, but it was too close to the Maid with extra steps.
The second idea is more interesting, I had some apprehensions about scaling too much, but with your idea of using one die just to trigger it, it might work. I'll try it.
As for the third ability, since rerolling everything is bothering me too much, I'll tone it down a bit. It'll use one tease to give randomly +1 or -1 to a die. That'll help getting the wanted parity without being too powerful.

Also, I decided to add an option to heal before a boss, so fighting isn't such a disadvantage. Right before the fight, you have an option to transform half of your current arousal (damage) into lust points. It's helpful for the run, but will quickly progress the character into its lust route without having to lose.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
I switched her abilities yesterday to make her more reliable.
  • Reroll : uses 1 die, reroll all dice (opponent's too) and give 1 tease, or 2 if used a 6
  • Offense : uses 3-, inflicts dmg equal to die and transform tease into aphrodisiac (poison)
  • Defense : uses Even, gains defense equal to die and transform tease into healing
I'll have to use her more to see how she feels, but I think the tease is the main problem and just isn't that interesting. I wanted to have a random encounter giving other tease abilities, but as you need at least two pieces for it to work (one to generate tease and another to use it), I don't see it working with other characters...
I like the sound of this. Tease is still prominent but doesn't become the resource required for both offense and defense. Not that that can't work, but spending all of it each time you want to defend or attack and having neither effect last for more than a single turn really hamstrings you as Alex noted.

With this moveset fairy will probably face-roll everything in the inn, but given HP values and the damage output + buffs of town succubi currently this is what it'll take to get through the area with enough life left to consider moving on to the next for the time being. Balance is something you'll probably want to wait to do until you've got the progression systems implemented since you'll have to re-do it once the player can expand the number of moves a character has, their max lust, and number of dice they roll each turn.

It's helpful for the run, but will quickly progress the character into its lust route without having to lose.
Well, hehe. Once you've got scenes+art for all the defeats I don't think there'll be any issue progressing the lust route.

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I've made small changes that makes it more enjoyable :
  • Offense : uses 4-, inflicts dmg equal to die, half tease becomes aphrodisiac (poison)
  • Defense : uses Odd, gains defense equal to die, half tease becomes healing
  • Reroll : uses 1 die, reroll all dice (opponent's too) and give 1 tease, on 6 keep the die
Offense now accepts 4, giving more chance to have a good die and more damage
Defense is now Odds, so 5 are now useful.
Reroll keep the die on a 6, it's similar to giving 2 tease if you want to use the die there again, or you can use it elsewhere.
And both Offense and Defense only use half of tease (rounded up)
It works quite well, making the fairy more resilient. She's slower than the Maid, but the poison makes her ramp up with time.

Balance is something you'll probably want to wait to do until you've got the progression systems implemented since you'll have to re-do it once the player can expand the number of moves a character has, their max lust, and number of dice they roll each turn.
I'm not trying to have a perfect balance right now, but the town is only the second level so should be doable with the buffs available for now. I'll do a quick check before the next update, but nothing major right now.

Well, hehe. Once you've got scenes+art for all the defeats I don't think there'll be any issue progressing the lust route.
Yeah, but the point of the lust routes is that the MC don't want their friends/lovers to get corrupt, so I'd rather have a choice of easier gameplay Vs character corruption than scene farming.

On that note, I'll add a way to win love points in addition to winning. It'll have a drawback for the night, but give a new option to get points rather than farming the first dream.