Ren'Py [Dev Thread] Blissful Sleep (Futanari MC)

What next? (see details in post 2)

• The Day

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • The Night

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Wet Dreams

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • User experience

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Blissful Sleep

You are an adventurer trying to adapt to a world newly at peace when a strange sickness appeared in your home town.
The Blissful Sleep makes each contaminated unable to fully wake up. It is not a huge danger for the sick, but you decide to go back home when you hear your sister caught it.
Soon after, you'll discover what is the real nature of the Blissful Sleep as you explore the world of dreams and try to not get inconvenienced by its inhabitants.

Each night, use your dice and the abilities borrowed from succubi to progress to the depth of the dreams and find how to fix the situation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Current content :
Characters :
  • Evelyn : 5 Friendship
  • Melody : 5 Friendship

Dreams :
  • The Inn
  • The Town (WiP)

!!! Early posts are about the old Unity version !!!
Updates about the Ren'Py versions start at post 20

BS_Banner.png

LucidDreams_1.png LucidDreams_2.png LucidDreams_3.png
Player B.png Margaret S.png Melody B.png

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
What I should focus next? :
- The day : Start implementing the town map and the first few day characters (who will recieve the most character developement)
- The night : Add new levels and succubi to the Dream Dive
- Wet Dreams : When you loose to a succubus, she'll take advantage of your vulnerability. On the other hand, if you win, you can reverse roles and have a go at her (won't cost you your run until you gain something from it)
- User experience : Improve the UI, add sound and other improvements you might find annoying (will need suggestions)
- Other : If you have any other idea, don't hesitate to post them.

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
New version :

What changed?
- Implemented a dialogue system. For now only for the events, but will be used a lot more later.
- The meditation events are now more developped. There are a few lines explaining what happens and a dice roll will make you recover arousal or not... might even have bad consequences (Will be compensated later when Luck is introduced). More events are coming with characters you'll meet during the day.

What next?
- Day and Wet Dreams are execo, so I'll work a bit on the dialogue system tomorrow and will check again. If it's still like that, I'll pick one.

Edits :
Updated link with version 2.1, finxing two bugs :
- When you restored healt in a dream, it was not shown until the next fight
- AI only used one die on abilities with a countdown (like Big Guns)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinderalpha

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
First, if you didn't see, I posted the bugfixed version of the previous update. If you find any other, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll try to fix them for the next time.
Since the Day won the poll, I'll focus on that for the next update.

Here are the plans for the next version (B1), everything might not be included :
- Day map : A picture of the town with bubbles showing the different interaction spots.
- Interactions : Every spot will have basic interactions and sometimes characters
- Interaction Examples : Work, shop, rest, ... (most will be for later updates)
- Characters : Known characters are displayed on the map, if you pick them, you can meet them.
In general, you will have a basic event. Those are short, but give relationship points.
If you have enough points, you will have a relationship event, where you will see a scene and have dialogue options. The options might improve or lower relationships. Some choices will also have repercussions, like romance.
Last type of event (will be for a later update) will include multiple characters.
- Relationships : Almost every time you finish a relationship event, the relationship with that character will increase by one. Those improvements might have change their succubus, if it was unlocked.
- Sexy events : Most characters will require to have an advanced relationship or have picked specific choices, but others will be more open.
You can replace basic events with sexy events once unlocked.

Characters for next version : Sister, old friend
Others might be added, but those won't have a relationship (yet)

Once the Day has progressed enough, I'll look into finding an artist.

Last thing, I'll try to keep updates at least every weekend if there is no new version. It's mostly for me to not slack off.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
First, this week's (and a bit more) progress :
- Characters for the daytime and their progression
- Events are implemented, but I had a few problems with Unity's Scriptable Objects and polymorphism, so I'm in the process of switching to Xml. I planned to do it later for easier modding anyway, so not a big loss.

Next, I'm starting to look for an artist to commission for the art. If anyone is interested, you can post here or send me a private message and we'll discuss more. I'm not too picky, but I'll ask for something with a bit of uniqueness for the whole game (Mostly characters, but also some UI and icons).

And last, since I don't have a lot to show, here is the synopsis of the introduction. I'll include it in a future update, but it's a first draft.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Weekly update :
The day interface is done, with the first character full of debug events. I'll get to bug hunting and adding some QoL to the interface.
I will try to post the new update during the week and make a new poll to get what to update next.

Edit : Forgot an important point : I added xml for almost all the content, making it easy for players to have access to it, allowing to cheat or create mods later down the line. Implementing that and checking for things I missed took most of the week =3

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017

And here's the new update.
The day is implemented, but there is only debug content. You can spend the day resting in bed or talk to Melody. When talking to her, the basic choices are there to give quick relationship points to unlock her relationship events.

Now, on what to do next. There are a few things I want to do before I consider the game playable (and a lot more to make it interesting) :
- Improve gameplay : For now, there is no link between night and day. Improving the gameplay will include buffs from relationships or daily actions, relationship gains from nighttime and the Luck ressource, allowing you to fudge dice in battle or events.
- Fill the day : Make basic events for Melody and implement different Locations for the day, like shops, work or places to gain buffs for the night. Will need Improved Gameplay to be fully effective.
- Wet dreams : When beaten by a succubus, she will take advantage of you and make you wake up. The same can be done if you win, but you will aloso wake up.

If you have any criticism, don't hesitate to post and if you find a bug, you can send the file "Player.log" you can find in the game folder, or "Player-prev.log" if you access it by restarting the game and going to the main menu (dream catcher) and clicking "Debug : Logs"

Thanks to anyone who shows interest in the game, it really helps.

Edit : I can't seem to be able to restart a poll, anyone knows how to do it?

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Weekly news (without last update) :
- Started implementing the transition between day and night, to allow choosing wich succubus to play.
- Written the big lines of the first character, Melody the Childhood Friend
- Planned the game progression with the relationships

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
New Update :

What's new? :
- When night comes, you are now able to choose one of the unlocked succubi to dream with, or have a nice, dreamless night.
- You can see the girls' details and find her relationships' progress.
- A "proper" loading screen, rather than simply freeze the game.
- A few UI upgrades for the dreams.
- To unlock the cheats, you now need to press F12 to activate Debug mode. It has a few other perks, like seeing the exact points for relatioinships (will have more later)

What's next? :
- I'll start working on the events for Melody and a few wet dreams.
- You'll need to capture a succubus to get one of her skill. Rather than getting a random skill, you'll have to edge her by getting her exactly on her Max Arousal. If it is done, you'll be able to pick one of her skills.
- I'll get in touch with a few artists to start illustrating the game. I have a few in mind, but I'll post an offer here too later (in the proper section).
- I'll also need to redo the first post here, it isn't really appealing as it is now :p

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
It's been a while, but here's a new update :

First, I won't hold myself to regular updates. at least for now. When there isn't much to say, it feels empty and if I fail to post one week, it's harder to come back after that, so as long as I'm not into a fixed work schedule, I won't try to update here every week.

Next, I found an artist to make art for the Day characters, and someone else offered to make the Night succubi, so you can expect the borrowed art to disappear little by little.

For the next update, I did a lot of small changes that won't be really visible, and added a Relationship system.
Each of the main girls will have three Relationships with you : Friendship, Love and Loss.

- Friendship is the main relationship, giving access to the basic story for the character. This is where the main character development will happen and I hope you get attached to them.
- Love is quite obvious. If you like a character, you will have the option to romance them. Here you'll have a few sex scenes between you two (or invite others, depending on the character).
- Loss is somewhat the opposite of Love, but not incompatible as you can have both. This relationship will see the character give in to their weaknesses and often push them into the arms of another.

Each of them will improve the character's succubus during the night and you can gain each relationship during events, but the main way to earn points is by using their succubus during the night. You gain Friendship by playing, Love by winning or quitting ahead and Loss by losing.
So if you're not into NTR, it is avoidable : don't be a bad influence and don't lose (or don't play) with their succubus.

For now, I have written the first 5 events for the second character, the Childhood Friend. Why not the Big Sister? She is harder to include into the story for now, so I'll wait a bit before going for her.
Right now, I'm writing the introduction to the game, mainly a bit of lore and gameplay explanations. Once this is finished and quickly tested, I'll post the next update. I hope it will be ready this week.

And as a teaser, here's the picture Margaret, the Succubus Assistant :

This art is made by Mekkx :

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Here is the new update. What's new?
- A long intro, explaining the basics of the world and story.
- 5 Friendship events for Melody, you can unlock her by going to the inn, then improving her friendship by playing her succubus, or faster by talking to her. She still have a debug event to increase her relations faster, since a lot of options aren't implemented yet.
- Edging : If you want to use a succubus' ability, you'll have to edge her to be able to steal one. Edging her consist on getting her arousal exactly at maximum. If it gets above the max, you'll win the fight but won't have the option to get an ability.
- The first official art, used on Margaret. The player character is coming soon.
- Still no sex scene... there's a quickie with a succubus in the intro, but it doesn't really count as a scene. Too fast and no illustration.

I've playtested it, but there are probably still bugs in the game. If you find any, like crashes or abilities not working as intended, don't hesitate to tell me. Same thing for suggestions.
If you have feedback on the writing, I'd be glad to hear you out. I don't think I'm a bad writer in French, but I'm not too confident in my English. It should still be okay, but you might find some odd phrases here and there.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Any updates?
I've had a few delays because of work, but I'm back on this project.

There are a lot of changes from the last update, as I've restarted as a Ren'Py game. I tried to make a good VN in Unity, but Ren'Py had so many QoL in it that I decided to change.

At the moment, I'm working on the first character's friendship events. I wanted a few of them made before making a new release here, since it's been so long.

I'll try to get back on regular updates by the end of the year.

Reactions: Icarus Media

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I've had a few delays because of work, but I'm back on this project.

There are a lot of changes from the last update, as I've restarted as a Ren'Py game. I tried to make a good VN in Unity, but Ren'Py had so many QoL in it that I decided to change.

At the moment, I'm working on the first character's friendship events. I wanted a few of them made before making a new release here, since it's been so long.

I'll try to get back on regular updates by the end of the year.
I can't speak for everyone but your efforts are appreciated, keep up the good work and remember: If you think about quitting or feel down, remember why you started. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, you already have taken that single step, two steps backwards is still further than where you first began. Good luck.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I can't speak for everyone but your efforts are appreciated, keep up the good work and remember: If you think about quitting or feel down, remember why you started. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, you already have taken that single step, two steps backwards is still further than where you first began. Good luck.
Thanks, having no reaction to game made me lose interest in updating regularly and that in turn made me drop the project for a while. Then some likes made me pick it up again.

And it's quite funny you said "remember why you started", because I started this game because of your previous one, Dickgirl Dorms. I found that games around futas were quite lacking. A lot have futas as one-off characters or women who just grow a dick when they need to.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Thanks, having no reaction to game made me lose interest in updating regularly and that in turn made me drop the project for a while. Then some likes made me pick it up again.

And it's quite funny you said "remember why you started", because I started this game because of your previous one, Dickgirl Dorms. I found that games around futas were quite lacking. A lot have futas as one-off characters or women who just grow a dick when they need to.
Oh my, that's quite humbling to have one of my works spark another. As for interest regularly I found that putting it on the game threads rather than the development threads means that more people look at it, and in turn, more people will post, like, comment, and keep you focused on it. I've had more response on my current project and people getting involved that it keeps me going and reminds me of how many people are relying on me and are happy each time an update comes out, that motivates me to chip away little by little at working on it.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Oh my, that's quite humbling to have one of my works spark another. As for interest regularly I found that putting it on the game threads rather than the development threads means that more people look at it, and in turn, more people will post, like, comment, and keep you focused on it. I've had more response on my current project and people getting involved that it keeps me going and reminds me of how many people are relying on me and are happy each time an update comes out, that motivates me to chip away little by little at working on it.
You're right. I would have liked to have a decent game before getting it in the games thread, but I'll try to tweak the next update to post it there.
I set myself quite high standards compared to a lot of other releases here, but I should be more lax about it as I'm not trying to sell it or even get people on my Patreon.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
You're right. I would have liked to have a decent game before getting it in the games thread, but I'll try to tweak the next update to post it there.
I set myself quite high standards compared to a lot of other releases here, but I should be more lax about it as I'm not trying to sell it or even get people on my Patreon.
If you wait for the 'right' time, you may never go.

I recall someone at a property seminar who said that he had been attending them since he was a young professional in his 30's working for DLA Piper (and now in his 60's nearing retirement he still attended seminars on property, commodities, bonds, stock markets, entrepreneurship etc etc), a global law firm, and when asked about how many properties he owned his response was "I'm waiting for the right time and property to come up"

Reactions: Toramizu

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Here it is, the new version :

What changed?
  • I switched to Ren'Py. Unity was okay, but Ren'Py has better built-in utilities for what I need (dialogue controls, save, options,...). A lot of smaller changes come with the transition.
  • Changed the way the dreams take place : You get to pick between three events/opponents each stage, until you find the stage's boss. When she's available, you can still progress with other events if you want.
  • The opponents' way to fight has changed : They'll show their ability and dice during your turn, and you'll be able to react to it.
  • I tried to improve the UI. There's still a long way to go, but I'll need to look for an artist.

What content is available?
  • The introduction to the game's story
  • 2 playable characters (in early stages) : Evelyn and Melody.
  • 5 Friendship events for Melody
  • The first, introductory dream and a WiP second one

What is planned?
  • More relationship events : I plan to have 10 Friendship events, 5 Love and 5 Lust for each playable characters.
  • Day events : Mainly repeatable events to prepare for the night, the story will come at a later date as the dreams are unlocked.
  • Complete the second dream
  • Win/Lose events against each succubus opponent
  • Other dream divers