Ren'Py [Dev Thread] Blissful Sleep (Futanari MC)

What next? (see details in post 2)

• The Day

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • The Night

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Wet Dreams

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • User experience

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
is out! It was supposed to be just a bug fix, but I added a few more things...

What's new?
  • A Shop : You can exchange the crystals you get when you defeat a succubus to get any ability you missed.
  • A new event in the Town's dream : Meeting an enemy of the demons.
  • New abilities for the Pixie
  • Smaller changes :
    • You now have to battle a certain number of succubi before the boss shows up
    • You can heal 50% of your damage before fighting a boss, but it's not a good thing for the person hosting the succubus
    • Revamped the battle UI
    • Improved the tooltips
    • A list of Ability Effects in the Help menu
What's next?
  • Bugfixes
  • Releasing the game. I'll get it in the main game thread, on itch.io, start a Subscribestar & update the Patreon page. After all that is done, I'll continue updating the game.
  • A new location, introduced by the new event.
  • New Diver & their succubus
  • Maybe start writing more story development rather than jumping from one point to the next.

Reactions: Fluxcarnal

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
I got an error using Service, the skill from the Waitress. traceback.txt
Fairy Flutter has the symbol for Calm but applies Focus. The day buff of Evelyn does the same thing.
I got an error against the Waitress with Pixie. I set up Aphrodisiac >= her remaining Focus and ended my turn. traceback_aphrodisiac.txt
It feels bad that the enemy can block Aphrodisiac with their Focus but the player cannot.
I can't have more than 3 abilities at once despite increasing friendship. I guess it's just not implemented yet?
Using the Beggar skill against the Prostitute, you can farm infinite gems.
The Prostitute ability does not seem to give a Gem on 6.
Against the Prostitute I set up Aprhodisiac to edge her. My next turn started with her at 31/31 and the edging screen appeared after I played a non Attack card.
Zeal says it clears after each turn, but it seems to only lower by 1 (like Blessing).
I got an error when attacking an opponent that has Pheromones. traceback_phero.txt
Pheromones on the player did nothing. I think they get cleared before the enemy acts?
Guarded Attack looks like a weak version of Service at first glance. It would be more clear if the two dice of Service were numbered, like some enemy abilities.

Pixie is odd. Without the day buff it is very hard to stack Tease and it is very hard to set up more than 1 turn of Aphrodisiac.
With the day buff she feels quite strong, she can stack a satisfying amount of Aphrodisiac and can use it to Focus if needed.
I'm not a fan of spending a full die to reroll and get only 1 Tease out of it, it's not an effective way to reroll your own die and sometimes your opponent rolls low and you don't want to reroll their die, leaving you with an unuseable 6. This will be less of an issue once you can have more than 3 abilities.
Suggestion: change Pixie's reroll into: (1/turn) Gain Dice/2 Tease; On 6: you can use this ability again this turn.
This would give her a way to use her 6 and to generate Tease. With her other two cards Pixie does not need a reroll at all, she already is very flexible.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Fairy Flutter has the symbol for Calm but applies Focus. The day buff of Evelyn does the same thing.
I got an error against the Waitress with Pixie. I set up Aphrodisiac >= her remaining Focus and ended my turn. traceback_aphrodisiac.txt
It feels bad that the enemy can block Aphrodisiac with their Focus but the player cannot.
I can't have more than 3 abilities at once despite increasing friendship. I guess it's just not implemented yet?
Against the Prostitute I set up Aprhodisiac to edge her. My next turn started with her at 31/31 and the edging screen appeared after I played a non Attack card.
Zeal says it clears after each turn, but it seems to only lower by 1 (like Blessing).
I got an error when attacking an opponent that has Pheromones. traceback_phero.txt
Pheromones on the player did nothing. I think they get cleared before the enemy acts?
All those are bugs, I'll fix them, thanks. I made a lot of small changes to the code and have have missed things that should be easy to fix.

Yup, I'll do something about that. She's not the kind of girl to give money to beggars =3
Her fight doesn't feel right anyway, so I'll probably change something about it.

Guarded Attack looks like a weak version of Service at first glance. It would be more clear if the two dice of Service were numbered, like some enemy abilities.
Guarded attack should inflict two dice of damage and half of that to defense, so it's equivalent to a free "Maid Duty" after two "Serving Master".
Ex : if you use a 6 and a 4, it'll do 10 damage and give 5 defense.

Pixie is odd. Without the day buff it is very hard to stack Tease and it is very hard to set up more than 1 turn of Aphrodisiac.
With the day buff she feels quite strong, she can stack a satisfying amount of Aphrodisiac and can use it to Focus if needed.
I'm not a fan of spending a full die to reroll and get only 1 Tease out of it, it's not an effective way to reroll your own die and sometimes your opponent rolls low and you don't want to reroll their die, leaving you with an unuseable 6. This will be less of an issue once you can have more than 3 abilities.
Suggestion: change Pixie's reroll into: (1/turn) Gain Dice/2 Tease; On 6: you can use this ability again this turn.
This would give her a way to use her 6 and to generate Tease. With her other two cards Pixie does not need a reroll at all, she already is very flexible.
I agree with you, she felt a bit weak and 6 dependant, but I didn't think about giving more uses like you suggested. I'll try that (y)

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Guarded attack should inflict two dice of damage and half of that to defense,
Currently Guarded Attack takes only 1 dice, which needs to be even. Its single use gives less value than Service, but Service uses two die. Guarded Attack gives more value per dice, but takes only 1 die which must be even.
My issue is that their description looks the same, both have two die markers in their description but for Guarded Attack they refer to the same dice whereas for Service they refer to different dice.

Her fight doesn't feel right anyway, so I'll probably change something about it.
In my experience with Slay the Spire, it's usually better to limit the cards that have an effect that carries outside of the current combat. Alchemize exhausts after giving you a potion, Self Repair stays in play until the end of the combat, Hand of Midas gives gold only when it kills a target that cannot respawn.
I suggest making the Beggar change its effect after being used once. This would also prevent exploiting any other opponent that doesn't scale offensively, not just Prostitute. "Please": 1/turn, [1] only: gain 1 Gem, transforms into Gratitude. "Gratitude": 1/turn, [1] only: inflict 3 Lust.

The Prostitute is still a boring opponent without Beggar. You just let her Pheromones build up until she rolls a 1, then you clear it and attack her with whatever die you have. There is no downside to skipping a turn when she rolls high.
She could have a second move that deals 1 Lust and gives [] Buildup, like the Brawler, and paying her would clear her Buildup?
I'm not a fan of the Brawler encounter, her Buildup scaling with her die makes it very RNG dependant. As the Maid you just get screwed if Brawler rolls high. Moving this to the Prostitute with the option to pay to clear the Buildup would be more interesting, in my opinion.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Currently Guarded Attack takes only 1 dice, which needs to be even. Its single use gives less value than Service, but Service uses two die. Guarded Attack gives more value per dice, but takes only 1 die which must be even.
My issue is that their description looks the same, both have two die markers in their description but for Guarded Attack they refer to the same dice whereas for Service they refer to different dice.
Ah, I see the problem, it will take 2 dice next time, my bad :p

In my experience with Slay the Spire, it's usually better to limit the cards that have an effect that carries outside of the current combat. Alchemize exhausts after giving you a potion, Self Repair stays in play until the end of the combat, Hand of Midas gives gold only when it kills a target that cannot respawn.
I suggest making the Beggar change its effect after being used once. This would also prevent exploiting any other opponent that doesn't scale offensively, not just Prostitute. "Please": 1/turn, [1] only: gain 1 Gem, transforms into Gratitude. "Gratitude": 1/turn, [1] only: inflict 3 Lust.
I thought about abilities changing during combat, but it'll take some time to implement because I didn't plan for it at the start :p

The Prostitute is still a boring opponent without Beggar. You just let her Pheromones build up until she rolls a 1, then you clear it and attack her with whatever die you have. There is no downside to skipping a turn when she rolls high.
She could have a second move that deals 1 Lust and gives [] Buildup, like the Brawler, and paying her would clear her Buildup?
I'll rework her soon, I was thinking on damage + pheromones if you don't pay and healing + clear pheromones if you do.

I'm not a fan of the Brawler encounter, her Buildup scaling with her die makes it very RNG dependant. As the Maid you just get screwed if Brawler rolls high. Moving this to the Prostitute with the option to pay to clear the Buildup would be more interesting, in my opinion.
I'll fight her a few times, I never had any real problems against her, but I can believe being unlucky would snowball easily.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Here's a quick update :
I fixed the bugs but didn't check in depth for new ones, I'll do a once over after the next changes.

Bugfixes :
  • Fixed a crash with the "Refill" ability
  • Fixed a crash when removing Focus between turns (like Aphrodisiac)
  • Fixed a crash when attacking opponent with Pheromones
  • Added Effect priority, before they were acted in the order they were applied, so if you Focus, then get Aphrodisiac, your focus would drop before being protected
  • You can now equip more abilities when you become friends with a succubus' prey character
  • "Fragrant Perfume" now correctly displays your pay
  • Added a missing victory check after DoT effects
  • Zeal now correctly removes itself at the end of turn
  • Guarded Attack now needs two dice, as intended
  • Pheromones now work for the player, too

Wasn't a bug :
  • "Fairy Flutter" has the symbol for Calm but applies Focus. The day buff of Evelyn does the same thing." => It has both. It adds Focus AND transforms half of tease into Calm, which just heals and doesn't apply an effect

Next fixes :
  • Change the Pixie's "Chaotic Magic" to get more tease, but less uses as recommended by AlexFenec
  • Rework the Beggar's "Please?" to avoid infinite crystals
  • Have a look at the Prostitute and the Sporty

Thank you for your precise feedback, it was quite fast to fix all that ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexFenec

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
You're welcome! Here's some more!

- Refill deals lust to you rather than the enemy.
- Chaotic Magic has changed, it has 2 charges instead of its previous 5 and consumes the 6.
- I finished Prostitute using Edging with 19 Ardor and I did not Edge her. Does the damage from Ardor get applied separately from Edging?
- Fairy Flutter does not reduce your lust by half your Tease, instead it increases your Focus by the same amount.
- The Nap Time from Mature does not reduce your lust if you have Focus. It looks like when Calm is applied while you have Focus it deals negative damage to Focus, increasing it instead of reducing lust?
- The skill Nap Time does not apply Tired on the player.
- After attacking an opponent with 6 Pheromones, their Pheromones reduced to 3 then 1 then 0. It seems to be halving after each hit? I like it, but it is not indicated in the tooltip.
- A notification appears in the top left when you get damaged, I think this is a leftover from debugging?
- The [Each round: Zeal] buff on Knight does nothing. I suspect Zeal gets cleared just after getting applied.

The fourth slot makes a huge difference, it makes your loadout much more flexible. Adding Edging to Pixie lets you use one 5/6 to attack when it otherwise would be wasted, adding it to Maid lets you use 3 dice to attack.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
You're welcome! Here's some more!

- Refill deals lust to you rather than the enemy.
- Chaotic Magic has changed, it has 2 charges instead of its previous 5 and consumes the 6.
- I finished Prostitute using Edging with 19 Ardor and I did not Edge her. Does the damage from Ardor get applied separately from Edging?
- Fairy Flutter does not reduce your lust by half your Tease, instead it increases your Focus by the same amount.
- The Nap Time from Mature does not reduce your lust if you have Focus. It looks like when Calm is applied while you have Focus it deals negative damage to Focus, increasing it instead of reducing lust?
- The skill Nap Time does not apply Tired on the player.
- After attacking an opponent with 6 Pheromones, their Pheromones reduced to 3 then 1 then 0. It seems to be halving after each hit? I like it, but it is not indicated in the tooltip.
- A notification appears in the top left when you get damaged, I think this is a leftover from debugging?
- The [Each round: Zeal] buff on Knight does nothing. I suspect Zeal gets cleared just after getting applied.

The fourth slot makes a huge difference, it makes your loadout much more flexible. Adding Edging to Pixie lets you use one 5/6 to attack when it otherwise would be wasted, adding it to Maid lets you use 3 dice to attack.
I started to change "Chaotic Magic" and left it halfway done, sorry.

New bugfixes :

Fixed :
  • Refill doesn't arouse you instead of the opponent
  • You can now heal even when Focused ("Fairy Flutter" blocked its own healing)
  • "Nap Time" now correctly gives you Tired
  • Pheromones' tooltip now shows it is reduced when triggered
  • "Edging" now correctly edges even if buffed
  • - Removed debugging notification when using Focus

Not a bug :
  • "The [Each round: Zeal] buff on Knight does nothing. I suspect Zeal gets cleared just after getting applied." :
Zeal is indeed cleared after getting applied, but does increase the knight's dice by 1 correctly. You can see it when her dice become yellow, showing they were buffed by zeal.​
It's just a passive +1 to all her rolls.​

Changed :
  • Pixie's "Chaotic Magic" now is : 1 use, Die/2 Tease, Rerolls ALL dice, On 6 : +1 Use
  • The Prostitute now Arouses and get Pheromones when you don't pay her, or heals and dispels her scent when you do
Next I'll continue to look for bugs, but I'll mainly start on creating a good page to post to game in the game section and itch.io. I think it's in a good place to start showing it to a bigger, harsher public.

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Alright, lets go again! This time I will put more attention on the story; previously I just skipped trough to the gameplay.
- In the intro the player can enter their name, but it does not seem to work:
-- the character's name continues to be Sylvia above the text boxes
-- the persistent name does not seem to be set, my previous name is not the default when I start a new game
- In the intro of the first dream there is a typo: "The tree of you" should be "The three of you". Unless you are a tree, this is a dream after all!
- The picture for Edging was missing; the code was still looking for CMargaret.png
- After winning against Pixie on the first try, Melody still asked to talk about "what happened when Pixie won", even though it did not happen.
- The icons for Love/Friendship/Lust only differ by their colors, it takes some effort to learn which is which. It would be easier if they
- In the first Friendship event with Evelyn there is a typo: "you steel feel guilty" should be "you still feel guilty". Or "your steel feels guilty" if this is referring to a magical sentient blade that's not been mentioned yet.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Alright, lets go again! This time I will put more attention on the story; previously I just skipped trough to the gameplay.
- In the intro the player can enter their name, but it does not seem to work:
-- the character's name continues to be Sylvia above the text boxes
-- the persistent name does not seem to be set, my previous name is not the default when I start a new game
- In the intro of the first dream there is a typo: "The tree of you" should be "The three of you". Unless you are a tree, this is a dream after all!
- The picture for Edging was missing; the code was still looking for CMargaret.png
- After winning against Pixie on the first try, Melody still asked to talk about "what happened when Pixie won", even though it did not happen.
- The icons for Love/Friendship/Lust only differ by their colors, it takes some effort to learn which is which. It would be easier if they
- In the first Friendship event with Evelyn there is a typo: "you steel feel guilty" should be "you still feel guilty". Or "your steel feels guilty" if this is referring to a magical sentient blade that's not been mentioned yet.
Thanks for all you feedback, it really helps. If I had the budget, I'd hire you for QA :p

Fixed :
  • Displayed name now shows your name correctly, not always Sylvia
  • "Edging" crashing when looking for an older picture
  • After winning against the Pixie, Melody talked about what happened when you lost if you didn't lose once and vice versa. She's now remembering correctly.
  • New icons for Love & Lust
  • Multiple spelling mistakes

Notes :
  • "the persistent name does not seem to be set, my previous name is not the default when I start a new game" : The persistent name is for the Extra scenes in the main menu, not for a new game. I've rewritten it to make it clearer.

Reactions: AlexFenec