• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
@ Thanks so much for a wonderful game. Just ran through 0.6.3 and aside from 3 acceptions in a Judy scene that I was unable to re-create, no issues. "Ignore" worked fine & there was no CTD or anything.

Truly a masterpiece of Indy development. Reminds me of some of the better Jap VN's in thoroughness.
My only true regret is that I will have to shelve this title for a while so I don't get obsessed and wind up running through the game at every update, thereby cheapening the experience each time. I will truly have a difficult time taking a 6 month or so hiatus, but I've chased a few games like a fan-boy and it just made me tired of the plot for the additional scene or 3 that usually comes with the average Patreon project.

I noticed you were looking for forums etc.. a few pages back. I have 1 or 2 that haven't been mentioned.
Mind-control based game forum (if I'm guessing the plot right, then I think there's a to-be-seen drug component)
hypnopics-collective.net
There is also that is pretty much dominated by Pytfall by Xela & Dark TI. Dunno if this would be worth pursuing though.

Thanks again for a well written, well thought out game. The Mi-Do plot is interesting to me since just before I got to Korea, they outlawed selling daughters into the sex trade. I think the 2nd year I was there, they started importing Filipinas for that on 1 year contracts, but there were still plenty of korean girls working off papa's debt (not a stretch to go from sex slave to wife with no rights). Carli plot interests me as well, since I've actually had a romantic relationship with a "working girl". Such a breath of fresh air in this incest-crazed genre. Well, at least the loli craze seems to have calmed down, I'm sure Patreon has more to do with that than anything else.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@krakr just got the time to respond to your comment. Thank you very much. I was not aware of any sex trafficking of that scale in South Korea so that is just an unfourtunate coincidence. I am glad that you like the alternate plots. Carli and Mi-do I felt were risks when I planned things out, but so far reception for those characters has been great.

Also if you want that long it will be a much bigger game :p

Reactions: krakr

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
The only risk I could see with Carli is the anti-NTR crusaders crucifying her because she's a prostitute.
The whore with a golden heart is a great cliche of the noir genre... just behind the femme fatale (Stella in this game).

I would have thought that you had doubts doing a "Chinatown" and adding incest.

Sarathne

Jun 12, 2017
This is exceptionally well written, @Philly_Games. Kinky, sexy, and a lot of heart. Noir is hard to pull off, especially in a lewd environment. Congratulations are in order for this game. Not even finished yet and it already is in my top 3.

Reactions: Yadayada
Nov 24, 2017
@DA22 I am only getting involved in other projects in a large way after DA is done. I will gladly help out where possible though.
I hope you don't stop making games after DA is done.

I'd love to see more Noir type stuff. I'd love to see more Detective Noir stuff with a darker theme, although that's not everyone's cup of tea.

DA touches on that a bit. But I'd love to see a darker cat and mouse between the Detective and a sexual predator (rapist, serial killer, gangster, pimp, some guy at a bar that gets women hooked on dangerous drugs to get his kink, whatever). It could be a series with each episode featuring a different sexual villain. Kind of like some of the old Italian Giallos or 60's Detective magazines. Would love something like that.

One can only hope. :)

Regardless, keep up the good work on DA, it's a fantastic game.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I have a few idea's kicking around right now for whats next. A continuation of DA maybe, but perhaps with more gameplay elements, still up in the air. The boogie nights idea has been floated around. Another is a small game based on synthpop stuff from the like of Carpenter Brut but that would be really hard to pull off since its reliant on music but would be a blast to play with the lighting in something like that. If i do that it would only be something small. Of course I'd never get permission from them so I would have to find other artists willing to license the music which would cost a fortune. Example of what I mean. Its cool and sexy.

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
@krakr just got the time to respond to your comment. Thank you very much. I was not aware of any sex trafficking of that scale in South Korea so that is just an unfourtunate coincidence.
LOL you should see what happens when the US fleet comes to port. EVERY prostitute in the country is sent to the tip of the peninsula in Pusan to service them for the week or 2 they're there.
I imagine the reason it's not well known is that
A) it's pretty traditional since females have always been little more than chattel. (divorced women rarely get custody of kids as well)
B) now it's pretty much handled by the mafia-equivalent & the less said, the better.

So if that was just guess work on your part, then bullseye!

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I have a few idea's kicking around right now for whats next. A continuation of DA maybe, but perhaps with more gameplay elements, still up in the air. The boogie nights idea has been floated around. Another is a small game based on synthpop stuff from the like of Carpenter Brut but that would be really hard to pull off since its reliant on music but would be a blast to play with the lighting in something like that. If i do that it would only be something small. Of course I'd never get permission from them so I would have to find other artists willing to license the music which would cost a fortune. Example of what I mean. Its cool and sexy.

You have good taste in music

4.60 star(s) 412 Votes