Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
I barely managed with Google since the game is pretty large in terms of wordcount, and Translator++ broke multiple times.
I didn't have access to the other ones.
Even if I had I wouldn't have bothered with multiple sources since I haven't got no time for that, it's MTL precisely because it's relatively easy.
The only tricky parts is knowing Regex with how to setup the Custom Parser and fix some things after translation, that and actually extracting and archiving the scripts which I had to hunt down, old games tend to be a pain for that, it's lucky that we even got this even with the bugs.
The rest is up to Translator++.
If you don't mind, could you share the parser you used? I'm trying to translate Saint Estella, and it looks like the process should be about the same

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
If you don't mind, could you share the parser you used? I'm trying to translate Saint Estella, and it looks like the process should be about the same
Note that you might need version 5.3.31 and up in order for the parser to work properly.
Older versions have some bugs.

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
Note that you might need version 5.3.31 and up in order for the parser to work properly.
Thank you so much
I somehow managed to do it by mixing up stuff that was on the public directory of regex101 but I'm sure this will help quite a bit

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
On another note, do you have any idea on how I should go about translating ?

There's a script.bin file, which contains all the scenarios, much like the moacode.mwb, it's just that the scenario files themselves are .bin files too, instead of .txt, and regex won't work on it

Any advice would be appreciated

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
On another note, do you have any idea on how I should go about translating ?

There's a script.bin file, which contains all the scenarios, much like the moacode.mwb, it's just that the scenario files themselves are .bin files too, instead of .txt, and regex won't work on it

Any advice would be appreciated
I am not sure, it might be another engine or something.
Even Dominions 1 doesn't work with the tools I have.
Check to see what extraction and translation scripts are available.
Before Unity it's a gamble what can work.

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
I am not sure, it might be another engine or something.
Even Dominions 1 doesn't work with the tools I have.
Check to see what extraction and translation scripts are available.
Before Unity it's a gamble what can work.
Yeah, none of the tools on the script extraction thread over there work
There was one user who translated a simliar one but they've not been online sice 2022 so it's pretty much a dead end
Thanks anyway

Microbaked

May 16, 2017
Ok, usually this stuff is pretty easy to do, but seriously wtf is with the instructions on applying the Edited MTL. I don't understand in the fkn slightest what your supposed to do. The instructions are so half ass'd, and don't assist in anyway on how to go about applying the edited MTL. Why wasn't this just uploaded with the improved translation? I mean I know I can't really complain about a free game, with free translation work. Yet it's so frustrating to get a readme file with instruction on how to apply the translation, and it be 2 pages long of absolutely misleading and unhelpful information on how to actually apply the patch.

EDIT: Ya, fk this one. I think I got the translations installed correctly. The down side is that everyone talks like Yoda, and there apparently isn't a tutorial. Your just thrown into combat after 15mins of people talking like Yoda, and then your expected to know how to play the game. And it really isn't intuitive, Couldn't even figure out how to move a unit after randomly clicking for 3 mins.

Long story short, this games probably a complete waste of time in English. Guess I'll just come back when I'm fluent in Japanese.

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nM4n
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote