Unity - Completed - Demonion 2 - Maou to Sannin no Joou [Final] [Astronauts]

1. 3.00 star(s)

PepperMan

Being halfway into conquering the 3rd nation(Shuka) and having had looked up a guide early to verify something I think I can give my initial thought on the 2 biggest elements not directly visible from screenshots. Gameplay and translation.

Gameplay:
    I feel very lukewarm to the gameplay, a large part due to it falling for the Macro-size trap where you have a lot of neat individual units doing their thing but on a bigger scale its all just a giant clusterfuck. The only ones I actually care about on a individual sense are my trap disarmers, which also showcase a similar issue since they can be rather annoying to target out of an army since theres no way to select a unit out of your pre-selected ones so you need to find them running on the map. You also can't setup a formation so they walk in front and do it themselves.​
    Buildings at the home bases don't have any sense of permanence since you can remove for 100% refund with no limit. So I refund the base, build unit camps and summon new units since the recruit refreshes instantly upon on building, sell everything again and build passive income. Rinse and repeat about every new stage (not floor) when i feel i got enough gold to do it again.​
    The variety in units is rather small and doesn't do progression that well. You start with 3 factions with 3 possible units each. At around the first conquest completion you can buy their 4th unit type which according to the guide I read is also their last. This means the only progression left is the last faction (that I haven't unlocked yet) but their variety doesn't really do that much.​
    Personally I've had no issues on performance. It started no issued and has never crashed, results may vary though based on what i've seen on the thread.​

Translation:
    It's currently (1.3) not anywhere close to being called edited for the sake of "readable language" and more just edited(sometimes) so the text doesn't look broken and go outside screen. If it indeed has been edited manually then it doesn't show well since it reminds me when I tested running guides and news sites through google translate. Can I understand the scenes? Yes, given my decent understanding of common japanese on a vocal level, intonation and the fact the story is (so far at least) rather basic it's not that hard to understand it. Here is a snippet from the opening segment "Envy and expectation, and a look of awe Directed by demons."​

In conclusion so far: The music and art is nice...
    I will continue and return with edits if my mind is changed as I play more but I'm fairly certain I won't change my mind.