4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Honestly a reasonable and well-thought answer is all a man can ask for. Appreciate your time. The mention to Str/Stam was just for a location to look, as I organically check there saying "shit did I forget to work out again" =)
Funny thing about checking the workout status. One of the testers for the pre-release of version 0.4.1 suggested having a way to know if you've worked out because of this and I admit I do the same thing myself! The suggestion led me to add a new button behavior: it says "workout" if you haven't worked out yet today and "workout again" if you already worked out today. If I could do something that easy for the bot stability I would! :)

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
hey squirrel,
i played the latest version of yours and really like it so far. Have you thought about maybe making your own forum thread? At this point it would make following the work easier and you can still include a reference back to this thread. Also makes it less inconvinient to download a readme for a changelog.^^

Reactions: ClownBug

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
hey squirrel,
i played the latest version of yours and really like it so far. Have you thought about maybe making your own forum thread? At this point it would make following the work easier and you can still include a reference back to this thread. Also makes it less inconvinient to download a readme for a changelog.^^
I'm glad you found your way here and that you're enjoying the game, thanks!

Yes, I've thought about starting my own forum thread but as you can see I haven't got past the thinking stage.:unsure: This is my first experience writing a game and without Radnor's generosity sharing his code I wouldn't be able to do it. Radnor has encouraged me to strike out on my own a couple of times but hasn't pushed me out for which I'm grateful.:)

I'm intimidated by the idea of my own thread. Most game threads have to deal with people preaching their agenda (NTR or NO NTR is a big one), the graphics are lame, the developer is too slow, why doesn't he or she do this or that, etc. The people who look here are fans of Radnor's game, everyone is polite, and there's no complaining or agendas.

I plan to create a thread "some day" but I don't know when that will be. When I branch out I'd like the game to have a little more differentiation from DSCS. Up to now there really isn't much about game play that's different. When I decide to branch out Radnor will always be prominent in the credits since SR24 is mostly his code.

Of course if Radnor gets tired of me hanging around on his thread that would force the issue!:D

Reactions: ClownBug and Radnor

sailer

Nov 8, 2017
squirrel24 I suggest you put the link to your last post where you find your downloads in your signature at least. this is to avoid going back through all the posts to find the latest versions

Reactions: lwofpeiyhj

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
squirrel24 I suggest you put the link to your last post where you find your downloads in your signature at least. this is to avoid going back through all the posts to find the latest versions
Good idea, I’ll have to figure out how to do it though! I need a tutorial on how to use this site!:oops:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ClownBug

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
I'm glad you found your way here and that you're enjoying the game, thanks!

Yes, I've thought about starting my own forum thread but as you can see I haven't got past the thinking stage.:unsure: This is my first experience writing a game and without Radnor's generosity sharing his code I wouldn't be able to do it. Radnor has encouraged me to strike out on my own a couple of times but hasn't pushed me out for which I'm grateful.:)

I'm intimidated by the idea of my own thread. Most game threads have to deal with people preaching their agenda (NTR or NO NTR is a big one), the graphics are lame, the developer is too slow, why doesn't he or she do this or that, etc. The people who look here are fans of Radnor's game, everyone is polite, and there's no complaining or agendas.

I plan to create a thread "some day" but I don't know when that will be. When I branch out I'd like the game to have a little more differentiation from DSCS. Up to now there really isn't much about game play that's different. When I decide to branch out Radnor will always be prominent in the credits since SR24 is mostly his code.

Of course if Radnor gets tired of me hanging around on his thread that would force the issue!:D
Sounds like you thought it through.^^

Btw why do Bots with all S tier parts loose psychocore stability so fast? it gets kinda tiring to have to click through all of them every 2 minutes because they are already at quirky again. i would think if i have an S-tier bot with all S-tier parts that would make him better then bots with lesser parts, but the d-tier bots loose stability much slower.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Sounds like you thought it through.^^

Btw why do Bots with all S tier parts loose psychocore stability so fast? it gets kinda tiring to have to click through all of them every 2 minutes because they are already at quirky again. i would think if i have an S-tier bot with all S-tier parts that would make him better then bots with lesser parts, but the d-tier bots loose stability much slower.
During training a bot's xp gains are similar to their stability loss: more gain = more loss. D bots gain little so they lose little. Other than that each bot model has a stability multiplier that plays a large part. Missions and roles have a large influence too. Sorry things aren't always easy. Each bot is unique and there are lots of bot mods. Read the bot descriptions for clues! Not perfect but I hope you enjoy the game! Cheers!

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
During training a bot's xp gains are similar to their stability loss: more gain = more loss. D bots gain little so they lose little. Other than that each bot model has a stability multiplier that plays a large part. Missions and roles have a large influence too. Sorry things aren't always easy. Each bot is unique and there are lots of bot mods. Read the bot descriptions for clues! Not perfect but I hope you enjoy the game! Cheers!
i am not really annoyed by the quick psychochore drain, rather the tedious clicking through every bot to stabilize the chore again. there is a tinker bots button in the workshop tab. if we had the same thing for stabilizing that would make that part a lot less tedious i think.^^

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
i am not really annoyed by the quick psychochore drain, rather the tedious clicking through every bot to stabilize the chore again. there is a tinker bots button in the workshop tab. if we had the same thing for stabilizing that would make that part a lot less tedious i think.^^
I like this idea, thanks! I'll see if I can make it happen, can't promise but I should be able to do this.

Reactions: ClownBug and poil

ClownBug

Nov 27, 2020
I like this idea, thanks! I'll see if I can make it happen, can't promise but I should be able to do this.
Maybe, just maybe, there could be a super expensive capsule upgrade named "Psychocore Stabilizer (now with A.I.™️)"

You know, we can train AI today to write code snippets, it seems reasonable that we train AI in the future to find glitches in the psychocore.
It could stabilize maybe like 5 to 10% per night, this way it still helpful but not like a cheat mode. :unsure:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Maybe, just maybe, there could be a super expensive capsule upgrade named "Psychocore Stabilizer (now with A.I.™️)"

You know, we can train AI today to write code snippets, it seems reasonable that we train AI in the future to find glitches in the psychocore.
It could stabilize maybe like 5 to 10% per night, this way it still helpful but not like a cheat mode. :unsure:
You're stealing my thunder!! Although I didn't have such a great name your idea is already on my "todo" list. I actually planned them to be "add-ons" or "upgrades" to capsules. There will be multiple versions at different price points and effectiveness. In the early game cheap ones would be better than nothing and later good ones would pretty much make stability "hands free". Sorry, you have to wait though. The next release will have only 2 to 4 things: a major feature that didn't make it into 0.4.1 (sorry no spoiler, it's been a challenge and if I fail I don't want to disappoint you), Tberg's suggestion above, maybe another Asian bot, and maybe an A or S male bot since I don't expect anyone else to make male bots. My version of your idea will be in the version after that. I don't want to over-promise: My version of your idea is 2 or 3 versions away. Cheers!

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
One stupid question: The mob quest is never ending, right?
I'm sorry you are stuck but it really does end. Read the Journal Notes and do EXACTLY what it says and you'll end the quest. Be patient, it's not an immediate ending. You set wheels in motion and after a while the problem get's solved. If you want a more detailed spoiler send a private message so I don't have to broadcast it to everyone. ;)

Last edited:

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I'm sorry you are stuck but it really does end. Read the Journal Notes and do EXACTLY what it says and you'll end the quest. Be patient, it's not an immediate ending. You set wheels in motion and after a while the problem get's solved. If you want a more detailed spoiler send a private message so I don't have to broadcast it to everyone. ;)
This is the reason I went to this thread today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All that being said, I am very happy that someone has taken it upon themselves to continue the game and keep it like the original.
Thank you.

Reactions: squirrel24

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
I was honestly glad the mob quest lasted as long as it did, as it gave me a goal during the week while I explored other things. But yeah it definitely does have an ending, and it wasn't crazy hard, just took a little bit of attention to get the hang of early.

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I guess i have gotten more efficient the mob quest, because I have a bot ready in two days and keep a stock of various bots n storage. I nearly had to steal parts from my personal bots last week, but made it through. (by Monday, so not really stressful.) I found a bot at the flea market that had the vocoder I needed and I will sell her to birthday boy after this quest is over.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
It's great to read the conversation and see people interested, thanks!

A long time ago when Mob Quest was only a mod for DSCS I wrote hints in the readme for it and one of them was not to pay off your initial debt too soon. Increasing your skill levels makes building and repairing bots a lot faster. ;)

fyi; I'll be posting a new version of SR24 either tomorrow or the next day. Cheers!

Reactions: Frurose

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Do you like having lots of bots? You probably have tons of storage full of bots but they can’t help in the shop or go on missions. Have you ever wanted more than 6 active bots? If so then the new version of SR24 is for you! If you can afford to pay for upgrades your shop can have more than 6 bot capsules. Upgrade to 10, 15, or even 20 bot capsules! What will you do with all those bots? A word of advice; work out and get in shape and maybe have a couple of housekeepers to prepare you for all the extra work there will be maintaining more than 6 bots!

This feature was intended for the previous version but it was difficult to implement so I had to delay it. This changes the game significantly, I hope for the better! Feedback always welcome! All platforms and the usual long-winded readme in the linked folder.

UPDATE: Bug found and fixed, please update to SR24 v0.5.2 (link in signature).

(link deleted)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes