• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Small bug report. Sent a B quality bot (highest I could find with Combat Smart) trained up to A in combat, on a Raid mission. Of the three results, only two work properly. I reloaded the save made prior to sending her, and have seen her fail to locate the warehouse (no error), locate but fail to bypass security (no error), and succeed (Error message). The error on the third indicated a problem with adding the item (or items) she obtained. The UI was broken after Ignoring the error - not possible to continue the game under that circumstance.
I'm sorry you're having trouble but unfortunately 'Raid' is a mod that I don't have control of. I don't use the 'Raid' mod normally but I loaded it to see if I can reproduce your problem. My first 'Raid' with an A combat rated bot was successful. I suspect you are using other mods and there is probably some sort of conflict. If you post a list of the mods you use I may be able to help you but I can't promise I can solve your problem. As I said, I don't have control of mods and in spite of good intentions some are not very robust.
1709172166132.png

Last edited:

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
Currently in use:

Code:
ShakyMod_ModsMenu
ShakyMod_Tweaks
ShakyMod_Parts (ShakyMod_Defects Version)
ShakyMod_Defects
ShakyMod_BotSchool
ShakyMod_Names_VanillaExpanded
ShakyMod_IllegalFights
Daedalron_bots_SR24_v3.1
DSCS Assets Daedalron
DSCS YuriShikane mods (7 models)
SquibMegaMod
SquibMegaModAssets
Clockwindings_BBS_offers
Clockwindings_vanilla_bbs_rebalanced
raid_WH2
ShakyMod_BotStorageMover
I get the occasional error while at the Flea Market looking at bots in the Buy menu (ignorable), but this is the first error related to a mission I've seen. Might be because of the Defects mod, but I'm not well versed in them.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Currently in use:

Code:
ShakyMod_ModsMenu
ShakyMod_Tweaks
ShakyMod_Parts (ShakyMod_Defects Version)
ShakyMod_Defects
ShakyMod_BotSchool
ShakyMod_Names_VanillaExpanded
ShakyMod_IllegalFights
Daedalron_bots_SR24_v3.1
DSCS Assets Daedalron
DSCS YuriShikane mods (7 models)
SquibMegaMod
SquibMegaModAssets
Clockwindings_BBS_offers
Clockwindings_vanilla_bbs_rebalanced
raid_WH2
ShakyMod_BotStorageMover
I get the occasional error while at the Flea Market looking at bots in the Buy menu (ignorable), but this is the first error related to a mission I've seen. Might be because of the Defects mod, but I'm not well versed in them.
I believe I know the problem. You are using the bot mods from YuriShikane (I like them too!) but there is a problem using them with SR24. Some of them (maybe all, not sure) were designed to use the 'Genitals' part from the original Daedalron bots mod. Daedalron updated his bot mod for SR24 by removing the 'Genitals' parts and replacing them with 'Vagina' parts which is what SR24 uses. Unfortunately this change breaks YuriShikane's bot mods in SR24. I don't feel right distributing revised YuriShikane's mods since they aren't mine. Many people, including me(!), modify other people's mods for our own use. Do you know how to edit .json files? If so I can walk you through fixing the YureShikane bot mods for SR24. Let me know!

Reactions: Muingo

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
Actually I think I'll first take a look at how many assets I have in use from Yuri's mods, and see if I can't simply sell off any assets (wipe them from the save), and then remove the mods. I'd feel better wiping the slate on them, than trying to hack JSONs (which can be pretty finicky about formatting). Will let you know if it works, and if I decide to change course on it. Thanks for the help thus far.

Edit: I took a quick look at the model previews, and I haven't seen even -one- of them show up for purchase. They are probably what's causing the Flea Market issues, so I'm going to start with removing them first.

Muingo

Aug 16, 2019
I believe I know the problem. You are using the bot mods from YuriShikane (I like them too!) but there is a problem using them with SR24. Some of them (maybe all, not sure) were designed to use the 'Genitals' part from the original Daedalron bots mod. Daedalron updated his bot mod for SR24 by removing the 'Genitals' parts and replacing them with 'Vagina' parts which is what SR24 uses. Unfortunately this change breaks YuriShikane's bot mods in SR24. I don't feel right distributing revised YuriShikane's mods since they aren't mine. Many people, including me(!), modify other people's mods for our own use. Do you know how to edit .json files? If so I can walk you through fixing the YureShikane bot mods for SR24. Let me know!
I had exactly this problem and your comment helped me fix it. Thanks a lot! :)

Reactions: squirrel24

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Just saw this message here.

When I updated my mod to SR24, I changed the Genitals from each of my bots to a Vagina slot, to keep in line with the parts already in SR24. However, to keep some compatibility, I kept the Genitals slot in my mod (none of my bots use it, but other modders who referenced it shouldn't have had issue that way).
What I obviously missed is the situation where other modders would ALSO use the genitals parts from my mod, not just the slot...

So to solve the issue, you would have to edit the bots to change the "bot_genitals" slots to "bot_vagina" slots for each bot.
Another option would be to create another set of genitals parts and assign those to the bots. That would solve the issue for all bots once and for all, but you'd then have some vaginas compatible with some bots and not other bots, so not ideal in the long run. So I strongly suggest the first solution instead.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Daedalron, your efforts are greatly appreciated! It's difficult anticipating all possibilities. If I could fix mod problems when they are loaded I would do it. Unfortunately I don't know how. Supporting mods is difficult but they make the game more fun. Thanks again for your efforts!

ClownBug

Nov 27, 2020
squirrel24 and Daedalron

Help me understand please:

To solve the problems of compatibility
All I have to do is download all the mods
then change every reference from "genitals" to "vagina" and "bot_genitals" to "bot_vagina"
Is that correct?

Edit:
Aha I see
The "name": "Genitals", appears in status of chassis view

I changed "id": "bot_genitals", to "id": "bot_vagina",

Code:
  "bot_part_slots": [
    {
      "id": "bot_vagina",
      "name": "Genitals",
And nothing appears broken, how can I test?

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
squirrel24 and Daedalron

then change every reference from "genitals" to "vagina" and "bot_genitals" to "bot_vagina"
Is that correct?

Edit:
Aha I see

Code:
    {
You've got it right. For SR24 in the slots section when it says "genitals" change it to "vagina" (match case every time!) If you will be using "ShakyMod_Parts" and "Daedalron Bots" you are done. If you want to be able to use bot mods without the other mods you must change part names to the ones used in SR24. If you need help doing that please ask again. Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ClownBug

ClownBug

Nov 27, 2020
You've got it right. For SR24 in the slots section when it says "genitals" change it to "vagina" (match case every time!) If you will be using "ShakyMod_Parts" and "Daedalron Bots" you are done. If you want to be able to use bot mods without the other mods you must change part names to the ones used in SR24. If you need help doing that please ask again. Cheers!
I placed the mods in the mod folder opened the entire directory with Visual Studio Code and used the search and replace function and presto!

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
squirrel24 and Daedalron

Is that correct?

Edit:
Aha I see

Code:
    {
The one you showed here is the only one you should not change.
For the « bot_part_slots », keep it as bot_genitals.

the thing you need to change is the other mods, your bots mods. In the list of bots, there’s a section for each bot where it says what part is the default for each slot. It is here, for each bot, that you need to change from bot_genitals to bot_vagina.

so, nothing to change in my mod, what you need to change is in YuriShikane mod.

• Thinking Face

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
The one you showed here is the only one you should not change.
For the « bot_part_slots », keep it as bot_genitals.

the thing you need to change is the other mods, your bots mods. In the list of bots, there’s a section for each bot where it says what part is the default for each slot. It is here, for each bot, that you need to change from bot_genitals to bot_vagina.

so, nothing to change in my mod, what you need to change is in YuriShikane mod.
I'm sorry for creating a misunderstanding, Daedalron is right about his mod. I was talking about YuriShikane's mods when I gave my advice earlier. I am not aware of other bot mods that use Daedalron's genitals parts but there certainly may be others. Many people use bot mods more than I do.

I wish this confusion didn't exist but I'm old school and I don't consider males and females interchangeable so I created separate genitals. For anyone who wants to make bot mods that play around with genders feel free to do so. You must assign a bot as either "female" or "male" or they will be severely limited in the game (text strings other than "female" and "male" are ignored). Aside from the assigned gender you can create a bot mod with both penis and vagina, you can create a bot mod with only a penis that you assign "female", or vice versa. Some will enjoy your mods and others won't. Technically, part types are only text strings so any combination of UNIQUE part types in a bot are OK: duplicating part types attempting to create a bot with 2 or more of the same part type WILL NOT WORK. One other thing, a bot MUST have a CPU and a Powercore. You might get away with omitting other of the original DSCS part types (untested) but you cannot omit either the CPU or the Powercore. Cheers!

• Thinking Face

ClownBug

Nov 27, 2020
What ever you both are worried about I don't understand because everything works.
All parts spawn and show up in game.
Very sorry for creating confusion!

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
What ever you both are worried about I don't understand because everything works.
My mention of keeping "bot_genitals" in the "bot_part_slots" was only about keeping compatibility with other mods, in the off-chance they would be using my slot with their own genitals parts.
It's technically not necessary for my mod to work, so that's why everything still works for you with that part changed, you just don't have another mod using the slot with their own parts. :)

Happy4now

Aug 28, 2017
I am having a problem increasing the sex skill of the mod bot "model_name: MT-YC1". I try to train the bot in sex and she gets no xp. I have seen this with a couple of other bots but can't remember the models. Is it because that bot does not have certain slots like implants?

I found a Widowmaker v4 without an implant slot andwas able to raise it's sex skill so it is not that slot.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
I am having a problem increasing the sex skill of the mod bot "model_name: MT-YC1". I try to train the bot in sex and she gets no xp. I have seen this with a couple of other bots but can't remember the models. Is it because that bot does not have certain slots like implants?

I found a Widowmaker v4 without an implant slot andwas able to raise it's sex skill so it is not that slot.
The most likely reason is the bot's skill is higher than yours. Check the MC's sex skill and compare it to the bot's sex skill. If the bot is higher she can't learn from you.

Reactions: Happy4now

Happy4now

Aug 28, 2017
The most likely reason is the bot's skill is higher than yours. Check the MC's sex skill and compare it to the bot's sex skill. If the bot is higher she can't learn from you.
Thanks Squirrel24 for the reply.

The bot did not have the skill the first time I trained her. The MC's skill was at C level. During the first training, she gained the skill but got no xp (the MC did gain 24 xp), the bot was showing as "Sex (0%)F". I tried to raise it several times and the MC gained xp each time but the bot stayed at 0%.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Thanks Squirrel24 for the reply.

The bot did not have the skill the first time I trained her. The MC's skill was at C level. During the first training, she gained the skill but got no xp (the MC did gain 24 xp), the bot was showing as "Sex (0%)F". I tried to raise it several times and the MC gained xp each time but the bot stayed at 0%.
OK, next idea. You are using Daedalron Bots and he made his "F" level vagina useless. It has a training multiplier of 0.0001 and the 'xp' result rounds down to 0. The part name is "GE-NV-00". Is there any chance your bot has this vagina part?

Reactions: Happy4now
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes