4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Does anyone had this already turn into a json file?
I've never seen this mod and I don't know if it is compatible with SR24. It includes a lot of stuff and one thing in it that concerns me is the inclusion of new names. SR24 has over 1,000 names built in, a LOT more than DSCS so it's unnecessary and could cause problems. I believe everything else in the mod is OK but it's untested.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I don't know which moderator edited the original post, but it would be best to revert that change and repost the original game links (DSCS 0.4.1, which are found on page 89 of this thread) in the first post.

Maybe add a link to the variant SR24 on top of that, but don't remove the links to the last version of the original game...

Reactions: B2B2

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
I don't know which moderator edited the original post, but it would be best to revert that change and repost the original game links (DSCS 0.4.1, which are found on page 89 of this thread) in the first post.

Maybe add a link to the variant SR24 on top of that, but don't remove the links to the last version of the original game...
Agreed! I suspect that the version number of SR24 being greater than the last version of DSCS caused the problem, it may have been an automated action and not a real person.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
I was really confused looking for that readme until I realized that it's a separate file in the link in your post and not available in the download in the OP.
I'm really sorry for the confusion. I hope this will be straightened out soon and the page 1 links should revert to what they were yesterday.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm really sorry for the confusion.
Not your fault obviously, you never intended for your mod to replace the links in the OP.
Still, going forward it might be better to put that readme in the game archive if the mod/system managing this thread is going to treat your mod as an official update.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Not your fault obviously, you never intended for your mod to replace the links in the OP.
Still, going forward it might be better to put that readme in the game archive if the mod/system managing this thread is going to treat your mod as an official update.
I really want the change to be reverted so it goes back to what it was yesterday with DSCS as abandoned with all of it's previous links. This unfortunate experience has taught me a lesson; SR24 needs it's own thread. I guess I need to learn how to do that.

For everyone reading this, here's a direct link to the SR24 readme file:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
This unfortunate experience has taught me a lesson; SR24 needs it's own thread. I guess I need to learn how to do that.
It definitely does.
I played the original and liked it but had no idea about your mod. I don't imagine too many people regularly browse the threads of games that are tagged as abandoned.

Just checked the mods subforum and creating a thread there seems straightforward enough. Comes with a template and everything.

Reactions: Nayvah

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
It definitely does.
I played the original and liked it but had no idea about your mod. I don't imagine too many people regularly browse the threads of games that are tagged as abandoned.

Just checked the mods subforum and creating a thread there seems straightforward enough. Comes with a template and everything.
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look. I see that a message got through to the moderator and page 1 is fixed now. The post in 'Latest Updates' is gone too still there but it was updated to say 'abandoned'.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
This is to everyone who saw the mistaken post on 'Latest Updates' earlier today and was excited and then disappointed: I feel your pain. I enjoyed playing and writing mods for DSCS and many of you did too. When Radnor had to abandon DSCS I was just as disappointed as you were but it did inspire me to create SR24. From the very first version of SR24 I've said that I expected many people to prefer DSCS over SR24; I'm not Radnor as many of you can certainly tell! I sincerely hope he returns to developing DSCS one day or that he develops another great game. I'm going to figure out how to create my own thread for SR24 when I post the next version so this unfortunate situation won't happen again. Cheers!

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Wow, that's quite some activity! Feels amazing to see such reaction really!
squirrel24
I have no problem either way, but probably it would be better to keep SR24 distinctively separate, even if inside this thread, to avoid confusing people. But it surely shows there are people interested in SR24, so you have my "official blessing" or whatever is needed. Keep it inside DSCS thread as mod, or move to separate game thread, up to you, i don't mind either way. If you will get separate thread in games or in development, i would gladly add link to it to op or second post.

swagstiak

Nov 25, 2022
Not sure if it was due to the accidental updates today or just as a result of the time since last update but some of the download links for the original game are now pointing to files that don't exist. Mega worked fine in the end but just thought i should mention it. Obviously as an abandoned game i don't expect it to be fixed but thought it might be helpful for others.

Reactions: squirrel24

KmartRewardsCard

Jul 22, 2017
Encounter a weird bug with SR24, where it seems to detect some random bot that isn't actually in my capsule or storage. I have attach an image of the issue as well as my save file. Not sure how to fix it, I don't have a bot named Jade. Do note that this save file used to be from DSCS 0.4 before I used it in SR24.

Edit: So my techie bot named Florence somehow turned in Jade and lost all of her skills. The only solution was to sell/disassemble her.
1713399089704.png

Last edited:

kpvsc29983

May 11, 2019
Something broke for me on startup and I'm not entirely sure what.

While running game code:
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 257, in <module>
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 250, in load_bot_models_from_mods
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 250, in <lambda>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'list_priority'
Update: I figured it out.
YuriShikane's 7 bot collection appears to be broken.

Last edited:

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
what happens if you don't do the thing for the mob in sr24?? i am at the stage where they want a combat bot with female c+, combat b+ and parts b+.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Encounter a weird bug with SR24, where it seems to detect some random bot that isn't actually in my capsule or storage. I have attach an image of the issue as well as my save file. Not sure how to fix it, I don't have a bot named Jade. Do note that this save file used to be from DSCS 0.4 before I used it in SR24.

Edit: So my techie bot named Florence somehow turned in Jade and lost all of her skills. The only solution was to sell/disassemble her.
View attachment 3550901
Assuming what you said isn't a typo the problem is trying to use a DSCS saved game in SR24. This will NOT work. There are multiple differences between the two games and I'm surprised this is the first problem that showed up. Trust me, there will be more problems. Don't use DSCS saved games!

Reactions: KmartRewardsCard

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Something broke for me on startup and I'm not entirely sure what.

Update: I figured it out.
YuriShikane's 7 bot collection appears to be broken.
Yes, I'm sorry but the readme should have said that because this was discovered over a month ago, my bad. :( I contacted Yurishikane and he said he'd post updated bot mods for SR24 but that was some time ago and he has not done so. Since he hasn't posted updated bot mods I asked him for permission to modify his mods for SR24 but he hasn't replied. I really like his bots too but I won't update and distribute anyone's mods without permission. Sorry. If you are comfortable modifying .json files send me a private message and I'll tell you what needs to be changed.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
what happens if you don't do the thing for the mob in sr24?? i am at the stage where they want a combat bot with female c+, combat b+ and parts b+.
Unfortunately you won't like the answer. The mob will forgive you if you don't have a bot for them once but if you try this twice in a row it's 'game over'. There is no way to avoid the mob, they don't tolerate deadbeats! ;) Read the Journal Notes and do EXACTLY what it says to do when they ask for a sex bot. No exceptions! After you give them this bot keep playing a while and things will develop. You'll have to use the grey market to get parts or get really, really lucky at the dump. There's also the online store but it's expensive. Also, you'll either need to get lucky scavenging a bot at the dump that has strong social skill or go to 'Night School'. It's best if you don't pay off the debt in 'Framed!' until you've built up some skills and have money left over. Good luck!

Another player wants me to change it so you can train a bunch of combat bots and start a war with the mob! :) I had to disappoint him, that's not the type of game I want to make. Cheers!

Last edited:

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
Hey, i just went ahead without reading any advice you guys told (i know its my fault but please bear with me) and modded almost everything to SR24.
It gave me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
Assuming what you said isn't a typo the problem is trying to use a DSCS saved game in SR24. This will NOT work. There are multiple differences between the two games and I'm surprised this is the first problem that showed up. Trust me, there will be more problems. Don't use DSCS saved games!
This happened to me too on a new game my bot named Sophia somehow just changed names into Mia, had all her traits and skills wiped and now whenever I work on my bots from the workshop tab the new Mia bot is always upgraded even when it says she is at 100%. Only way I've been able to fix this is by selling the bot.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes