4.60 star(s) 45 Votes
Jan 7, 2018
Are the selling prices of bots supposed to be capped now? Best I can get for a bot at the flea market is 30K and 75K on the grey net. If that is the case it means that some of the modded bots are not even worth getting now as I've seen them selling at the flea market for 385 to 500K with only only C rank parts and no skills, meaning I can never make a profit selling them. Also makes it so I can get more cash buy just stripping bots fro parts and selling those.
yes, flea market is capped now, highest you can sell a bot for is 250k for the combat bot trade on the grey net

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
something like an inherent social dumb ++++ that would disable xp gain would be a quick and dirty fix
Not quite. Inherent bad would be a quick bandaid, but I was actually thinking more than that..
I think I saw someone mention a bot with 'wings' in a slot, so we add a skill to that bot for "flight" ... maybe.. need to get the Wright Brothers to teach that skill. But then, someone mentioned a bot with no 'arms', and my brain housing group thinks it would be rather impossible for that bot to tinker or be a mechanic.
So having a way to enable, disable, or tag a placeholder for skills or actions when we define these part slots, is what I was looking at.
For Furry bots, maybe not such a big factor. But there are a few modders who are considering a damage effect when replacing the part. So adding a line for an mc skill check on the part slot could work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Radnor
Jan 7, 2018
Not quite. Inherent bad would be a quick bandaid, but I was actually thinking more than that..
I think I saw someone mention a bot with 'wings' in a slot, so we add a skill to that bot for "flight" ... maybe.. need to get the Wright Brothers to teach that skill. But then, someone mentioned a bot with no 'arms', and my brain housing group thinks it would be rather impossible for that bot to tinker or be a mechanic.
So having a way to enable, disable, or tag a placeholder for skills or actions when we define these part slots, is what I was looking at.
For Furry bots, maybe not such a big factor. But there are a few modders who are considering a damage effect when replacing the part. So adding a line for an mc skill check on the part slot could work.
think it would be better if parts could add skillcap, simmilar to how processors increase max autonomy
like, different processors being better at social or logical computing, different arms for combat, human interaction, labor, etc

Is there any problems with the new patch and does it work fine with mods?
no major problems, although very few mods take advantage of 3.1's new features
don't forget to add the hotfix

Reactions: RamenShark

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/dump_site/dump_site_scavenge.rpy", line 33, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/part.rpy", line 147, in apply_damage
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 89, in randwchoice
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (0,0, 0)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/dump_site/dump_site_scavenge.rpyc", line 25, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/dump_site/dump_site_scavenge.rpy", line 33, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/part.rpy", line 147, in apply_damage
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Sun Feb 13 07:52:28 2022
I keep getting this when I configure my altered bot.

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
Thanks, I'm still playing around with the new version myself, once i'm done that I'll need to familiarize myself with the new features and think on how to incorporate it (if necessary) so cant really give an estimate on time yet.

It has pictures and video. I tried MEGA but it wanted me to create an account. Pixel drain give me similar download speeds but without the account requirement. As for p2p torrent I have no plans to do so.

You copy all the text in that code box in the post you were responding to and paste it into a notepad document that you save as MegaMod.json in the mod folder.
thankyou

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
think it would be better if parts could add skillcap, simmilar to how processors increase max autonomy
like, different processors being better at social or logical computing, different arms for combat, human interaction, labor, etc
Oh I like that too. Im sure it would be a massive undertaking, but having a skill range on parts, and a bot skill check on the part slot during install.

I still like the idea of random part generation, similar to random defect.. might make mod cohesion a little easier.
example- tag parts with a rank when they are defined ("cpu_D"), then in the bot_parts list as ("cpu": "cpu_D") . modder could build a bot with a generic part list, and game will pull from all loaded resources for any D rank cpu.

Last edited:

RamenShark

Apr 19, 2020

no major problems, although very few mods take advantage of 3.1's new features
don't forget to add the hotfix
thanks man

Jan 7, 2018
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/dump_site/dump_site_scavenge.rpyc", line 25, in script
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
do you have the hotfix installed?

xyzeratul

Mar 7, 2019
My mod, just put some of my oldrim recording into one pack

Haven't got time to test everything, if you find out any problem or suggestion, plz let me know.

PW:k2cs256
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
PM me mod or link it here and I'll have a look unless something else comes up.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
do you have the hotfix installed?
I do. I think its from 'possible defects: (None,0,0)' on cpu or power when they are tagged together. no error when I remove that single entry.
Also, Im not getting any bot skill to load on this mutated bot, and if I train the skill, there's no mc xp gain

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
PM me mod or link it here and I'll have a look unless something else comes up.
part_slot-
"slot_tags": [
"cpu",
"powercore",
],

part-
"slot": "bot_BH_core",
"damage_mult": 0.7,
"possible_defects": [ (None, 100, 100), (None, 0,0),
],
fail every time. but..

part-
"slot": "bot_BH_core",
"damage_mult": 0.7,
"possible_defects": [ (None, 100, 100),
],
loads fine.

BTW!! Rad and his evil plot to destroy 90% of all cpu and powercore in the game really makes this a pain to test.

• Haha
Reactions: Radnor
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes