flea_market_buy_part - parts listed at flea market
junkie_part - home work event, parts
repair_task - home work event, bots
robosechs_private_room - possible bots, 1-2 will be selected randomly
goldmine! thank you

Reactions: Radnor

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Right well here's release 1 of my 3.1 mod update. No need to download the assets file again.

Still need to figure out how to set parts to destroy on removal. and balance is still deep fried shit (but thats fine for now will be important later when new ways of getting bots become available)
Been using your mod in a 0.3.1 save game and I updated the JSON file. When I loaded the save game afterwards, I got a traceback error. If I start a new game, everything seems to work fine with the updated JSON, but any time I try to load that first save game, the error comes back. I'll attach the traceback log file below if it would help.

Also saw some typos in the descriptions for vaginas, mostly the word "tautness" being misspelled as "taughtness" and "capable" misspelled as "capible".

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Been using your mod in a 0.3.1 save game and I updated the JSON file. When I loaded the save game afterwards, I got a traceback error. If I start a new game, everything seems to work fine with the updated JSON, but any time I try to load that first save game, the error comes back. I'll attach the traceback log file below if it would help.

Also saw some typos in the descriptions for vaginas, mostly the word "tautness" being misspelled as "taughtness" and "capable" misspelled as "capible".
Expertise skills classes are generated automatically when game is launched, based on loaded bot models and parts. So if modder changed bot model or part id, and you had expertise trained you will get such error. There is not much i can do about it as RenPy loads save games in rather opaque way, but i will investigate some way to silently ignore it, simply removing orphan expertise. No promises on this though.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
So, I've been playing around with the game for some time now, taking some notes on the modding aspects. Created a repo with what I had. I've probably gotten some things wrong and missed others, but hopefully it can be helpful for someone. You can find it , feel free to suggest changes :)
Finally got time to check your github. I love you, marry me, or at least let's have a quickie! Seriously though, good start for a modding wiki, if you will maintain it, i will add link to it at first post. Also if you can make single txt or html guide of it, i will include it into game, replacing current modding.txt. Probably not right now, still need to stabilize some core/modding stuff, but still it looks better than my version i have no time to properly maintain.
Good work!

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Expertise skills classes are generated automatically when game is launched, based on loaded bot models and parts. So if modder changed bot model or part id, and you had expertise trained you will get such error. There is not much i can do about it as RenPy loads save games in rather opaque way, but i will investigate some way to silently ignore it, simply removing orphan expertise. No promises on this though.
Not sure if it is something you or modders would be able to fix, but probably a good idea for others to be aware of, at least until a solution is found.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
There is no audio in game, as no music is included into vanilla version. But if you check few last pages i posted mod by some random internet degenerate, adding some background music. So if anyone else want to add audio to game too, not just custom bots or parts, it is a good template to start from.

To the random internet degen, I found your german/J-pop a little strange. Heres some other strange beats for BGM.

Also someone asked about background music, same thing.
<game>/game/mods/mymod/assets/audio/main_menu_bgm.mp3 - for main menu music
<game>/game/mods/mymod/assets/audio/locations/home/bgm.mp3 - for location specific music
<game>/game/mods/mymod/assets/audio/default_bgm/whatever.mp3 - for background music to play if there is no specific found, if there are multiple music files in this folder they will play randomly
Main menu and location specific files should be named main_menu_bgm.<ext> and bgm.<ext> specifically.
Default music files can be named as you like.
Formats supported mp3, ogg, flak, opus.
I should probably include this to help anyone else who wants to have their own strange BGM.

Last edited:

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017

Yeah that sounds about right. Typos are pretty common as notepad++ doesnt have spellcheck.

Looks like new version breaks save games as i changed the trait set of the S rank bots to take advantage of the new traits.

Klaptrap

Aug 16, 2016
Hey all, I made a quick and dirty mod of Maserati, and it's like 99% done but there's this annoying issue where images keep playing over the text or overlapping. Can anyone take a quick look?

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Hey all, I made a quick and dirty mod of Maserati, and it's like 99% done but there's this annoying issue where images keep playing over the text or overlapping. Can anyone take a quick look?

Mega
Havent looked but it sounds like you didnt have a preview image to go with the videos

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020

Mega
I learned this the hard way. Its been said a few times that we need a pic or screenshot for each vid, better if they are the same size. It acts like a 'placeholder' when the game imports the vid.

merptank24

Jul 12, 2021
i can kinda understand why you wouldnt want the bots programing themselves wouldnt want another instance of skynet happening but with sex bots

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Rad, are we able to disable training functions on altered bots? Hu-cows would be fun to sex and all, but would you teach them how to fight or be social? (yeah, sure, just dont give them that role). But what about bots that would be better if sex wasnt an option.. Arachia or Lamia for example.. or this Beholder that is my store clerk.
If no disable capable, how about just a 'good idea, bad idea' message to tag in a placeholder?

Klaptrap

Aug 16, 2016
The overlapping has been fixed thanks to your advice. With no bugs in sight i declare this mode ready for user consumption.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 7, 2018
Rad, are we able to disable training functions on altered bots? Hu-cows would be fun to sex and all, but would you teach them how to fight or be social? (yeah, sure, just dont give them that role). But what about bots that would be better if sex wasnt an option.. Arachia or Lamia for example.. or this Beholder that is my store clerk.
If no disable capable, how about just a 'good idea, bad idea' message to tag in a placeholder?
something like an inherent social dumb ++++ that would disable xp gain would be a quick and dirty fix

joepe

Jan 15, 2018
Finally got time to check your github. I love you, marry me, or at least let's have a quickie! Seriously though, good start for a modding wiki, if you will maintain it, i will add link to it at first post. Also if you can make single txt or html guide of it, i will include it into game, replacing current modding.txt. Probably not right now, still need to stabilize some core/modding stuff, but still it looks better than my version i have no time to properly maintain.
Good work!
Haha, glad you like it! I will work on maintaining it as long as I have time for it :) I'll see about creating a single-file guide, no promises for now though.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
After a while playing i got this error on trying to do the "Work" action. I'm using Squibs latest v3.1 mod for added bots.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dono1973

Sep 25, 2017
Are the selling prices of bots supposed to be capped now? Best I can get for a bot at the flea market is 30K and 75K on the grey net. If that is the case it means that some of the modded bots are not even worth getting now as I've seen them selling at the flea market for 385 to 500K with only only C rank parts and no skills, meaning I can never make a profit selling them. Also makes it so I can get more cash buy just stripping bots fro parts and selling those.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes