Tool Daz Daz3d Manager Tool 0.6.1 (09.08.2020)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Is this software helpful?

• Yes

• No

• Too many bugs

• Does not work

Results are only viewable after voting.

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
kkoolldd
I've fixed a lot of bugs that were causing crashes. The morph search has been extended (identical file names are now also searched). When reading in zip files (installer), the user can set how large a file must be in order to read "tags" from these. The reading of "tags" from zip files has been extended

rimba

Sep 28, 2018
hi there..
first I would like to thank you for your work, I'm one of those who appreciate it and understand that the best rig in the world would not speed up anything on DAZ if you still have tons of morphs..

anyway I try to keep all the stuff I installed as much separated as possible so to use CMS Sets and improve loading times, but with G8 they are still around 4 minutes and the most annoying thing is when you need to use the shape tool!
So I have different paths for RE, RO and DAZ characters and morphs using two different SSD. I would like to know if there's a way to import from two or more paths, because at the moment I can only pick one from the Settings tab..
I just thought right now, Maybe I could use symbolic links? Linking the main folders into a new one and use this last folder into the settings.. I don't know it it would work or cause issues when activating again..

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
Great. I never really experienced crashing with 0.5, so you must have done a pretty decent job already. The improved morph search is nice :)

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
Hi NSware. You awesome tool got me inspired to try and write my own morph manager and I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding it. Daz can be really slow when opening (or manipulating) a genesis 8 figure. Do you know if the only reason is morphs?

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Hello kkoolldd, the less Morphs are activated, the faster a G3 / G8 model can be opened. If you deactivate all morphs, you will notice this immediately.

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Large textures [MANY] can also be a factor for longer loading times, although I haven't noticed any noticeable problems there so far.

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
Okay. Then I will try to focus on morph only for now :)
My idea is to automatically make a new daz profile (copying the main instance, so it includes addons like mesh grabber) but point it to a virtual library folder where you can choose to link only a subset of the morphs. This is kinda the same approach modern game mod organisers use with their virtual filesystems (example: mod organizer 2 or vortex). This way you do not actually have to move anything, you just make a few links.

I got a prototype working that can analyze a .duf file (like a scene) and create a profile with a library that include only the morphs needed to load that specific scene. This speeds up the loading and manipulation of characters significantly. It can also include morphs based on type: like all morphs in 'Actor'>'Chest'>'Real world'.

Now I just need to make an actually working gui :unsure: Your gui is amazing, I hope I can manage to create something half as nice :)

Last edited:

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Your concept sounds very good :)
My idea was to just find a quick fix :geek:.
My software was written in C#, if that helps.

Feb 3, 2020
I am trying the 0.6 version and the installer and uninstaller both stuck at the flashing green progress bar and never finish the process.

Reactions: Nmad3dx

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Hello, did you define the content folder in the settings? Maybe you forgot it, and the problem would be solved. :)

mysterybeatzuk

Mar 7, 2021
I just used this to try and stop so many morphs loading and pretty sure it has deleted them all as I cannot find them anywhere and all the folders are empty!

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
mysterybeatzuk try this:
If you use Content Installer:
1. Go To Installer-Tab
2. Go To Settings-Tab
3. Set your Pathes
4. Import & Install Content

if you use the Morphmanager:
1. Go To MorphManager-Tab
2. Go To Settings-Tab
3. Set your Pathes

mysterybeatzuk

Mar 7, 2021
I tried to use the morph manager, but now my "Gen 8 female morph folder" is almost all gone so there is nothing to import

mysterybeatzuk

Mar 7, 2021
I set the paths as below, clicked the deactivate tab, deactivated all, then they have all gone and I cannot get them back
001.jpg

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote