Tool Daz Daz3d Manager Tool 0.6.1 (09.08.2020)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Is this software helpful?

• Yes

• No

• Too many bugs

• Does not work

Results are only viewable after voting.

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Hey, I´m working on version 0.5 and this fix problems like this.
Current Try to Open the Regedit. Press Start On windows 7 and write in the Run searchbox "regedit" and press enter...
now go under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NSware\DAZ3D Manager Tool\Installed Content and delete your Zip name from it.....restart programm and try again
I Hope it helps :)

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
If you want uninstall Content, wait for version 0.5 .....Or I send you a the current version of it....

FantastiX

Apr 4, 2018
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I want to be able to uninstall the package, but it doesn't appear in the Uninstaller tab, so I can't uninstall it. Removing the registry key as you suggested just makes it appear in Installer tab with "Skip installed" option checked.
Anyways, as far as I understand unistall feature will be implemented in the next version. Will wait for it then. Or if this feature is ready in your current beta/alpha version, I could try to use it and report if it works fine for me.

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
FantastiX Okay, I'll send you the latest version right away.
The config file is written to the regedit in the current version and deleted.
It may be that there appear problems, then tell me directly, I stay online so long ..... to help you
Maybe no problems arise ....

X3Z

Oct 19, 2018
Hello. Have tried latest version. But cannot get it to work. Win 10 1909.

Application: Daz3D Manager Tool.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at System.Boolean.Parse(System.String)
at NSDAZ.Controls.MorphManagerControl..ctor()
at Daz3D_Zip_Installer.Form1.InitializeComponent()
at Daz3D_Zip_Installer.Program.Main()

Faulting application name: Daz3D Manager Tool.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xb213a12a
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.476, time stamp: 0x83c3d83a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x1e6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5aa970a052576
Faulting application path: G:\!RUNTIME\!Tools\Daz3D Manager Tool\Daz3D Manager Tool.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 904a5cdc-0372-4171-b8ca-7f27ee8c264a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Hello. Have tried latest version. But cannot get it to work. Win 10 1909.

Application: Daz3D Manager Tool.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at System.Boolean.Parse(System.String)
at NSDAZ.Controls.MorphManagerControl..ctor()
at Daz3D_Zip_Installer.Form1.InitializeComponent()
at Daz3D_Zip_Installer.Program.Main()

Faulting application name: Daz3D Manager Tool.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xb213a12a
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.476, time stamp: 0x83c3d83a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x1e6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5aa970a052576
Faulting application path: G:\!RUNTIME\!Tools\Daz3D Manager Tool\Daz3D Manager Tool.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 904a5cdc-0372-4171-b8ca-7f27ee8c264a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hey, thanks ...
I've already noticed this problem and have already fixed it.
I'm still working on the code a bit and then release version 5.2.1

Reactions: X3Z

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Coming Soon: Version 0.5.3

-Speed up Pathrenamer
-Create Tags by import
-Add Tags to installer selection (For easier Content-selection)
-(Skip Installed Content) - Before importing, it is checked whether content is installed. Before that it was checked after the import
-Speed up Deactivate/Activate Morphs

Reactions: HoneyMan

pat11

Jan 1, 2019
i just dled this tools, how to use it?
you all talk about a config.ini file, but there is no config.ini file in the zip file i dled for the 5.3 alpha version
i only need the morphmanager, because to load a G8F basic model it take 45mn

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
You stopped development? That's a shame. I really love the install feature that keeps track of all the files in the registry. The morph manager is also really nice, especially the timer function.

What else were you planning to do anyway? It seems like it is already doing what it is supposed to :)

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
I was working on a render function. But basically the software does what it should do. I agree with you if you ignore the Pathrenamer! He is still buggy

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
i have it already
still every scene loads in about 10 seconds.
compared to 5+min ?
upgrade your fucking PCs so they match the work you do in Daz 3D
you are just trying to defeat an monster here with no luck

solve the base problems instead of circumvent them.
lack of mb/sec from the harddrives and short ass RAM is the main problem.
The HDD speed has NOTHING to do with long load-times in DAZ. If you knew anything about the program, you'd know that. NVMe, SSD, HDD - it does not matter, the difference is minimal in pure drive loadtimes. Do a load-check when you load a complicated scene, and voila, you'll see next to no difference in drive-load. There's also been done tests, on all of the above mentioned hardware, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Now, what DOES matter, is amount of stuff installed. I dunno what your library looks like, but on my fairly decent rig, with 16000+ assets installed, loading a _base_ G8F took about... 15 minutes?

You see, the problem isn't drive speed. It's basically CPU load, because when you load in assets in DAZ, unless you've expanded ALL OF THEM, they're "unzipped" when loading. All (well, most) assets in DAZ are compressed, so as to not take up enormous drive space. So when you use them, they decompress on load - and unfortunately, all globals and morphs gets loaded with whatever you're loading, regardless of whether they're in use or not.

RAM does of course play a part, and it's definitely recommended to have at least 32GB - that I agree with. A powerful CPU is also useful, just to be able to thread out tasks and alleviate more cores.

But SSD/HDD speeds? Hardly doesn't matter, at all.

Also. If you load your scene in 10 seconds, you have NOTHING installed. Seriously. Or, of course, you have a Threadripper with 64+ GB RAM, RAID 0 NVMe drives dedicated to DAZ, and probably a couple of RTX 5000 or better. But since most of use don't have 50 grand to spend on a hobby, we don't have that.

Nekro-posting, I know, just pisses me off.

hapciupalit

Dec 4, 2017
I have just found out abut this tool and it's exactly what I need, but for the life of me, I didn't know I was such a noob. I don't understand how to use it. I have +250 G8 characters and I want to deactivate some. I looked on youtube on how you use this tool but I don't see the .ini file anymore.
I have read the comments and it said that I need to edit config.ini, I have no idea where that is.
Also in MorphManager > Settings, there are two placers. What path should I put to those two?

What am I missing?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote