3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Still working on how to use lighting. For this one, all I did was raise the gamma up to 100. The grain is fairly noticeable at full size as well. I also changed her hair.

View attachment 93411
You need to work with these settings to increase the quality of your render:
Screenshot_1.jpg
Do note that this will increase the render time signifcantly. I use a GTX 1070 with 8gb vram and i have renders that took 11 hours to complete.
When you make renders for a VN you need to ballance between quality and speed.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hello guys. Today I am in need of your help. After each update, I'll take five days to break. Well, these days I wanted to try daz3d. But here the problem. It really takes a lot to make a single render. I do not understand if it's me that I'm missing something or my PC is really sucks.

I am attaching an image to make you understand. 50 minutes and the render is still at 0%.
I hope that here there is someone who understands more than me. Actually, I'm sure :)

My Specs

Windows 10
i5 3470
Gtx 970
16 gb ram

Thank you.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Hello guys. Today I am in need of your help. After each update, I'll take five days to break. Well, these days I wanted to try daz3d. But here the problem. It really takes a lot to make a single render. I do not understand if it's me that I'm missing something or my PC is really sucks.

I am attaching an image to make you understand. 50 minutes and the render is still at 0%.
I hope that here there is someone who understands more than me. Actually, I'm sure :)

My Specs

Windows 10
i5 3470
Gtx 970
16 gb ram

Thank you.
Can you show me a screenshot of your progressive render settings.

I see the render is only at 66 iterations depending on your sttings it could verry wel be that it needs 100 itterations to break the 1% mark.

But its hard to tell with only this little information. You may also share/send me the duf file so i can check on my machine if you want.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

My Specs

Windows 10
i5 3470
Gtx 970
16 gb ram

Thank you.
That sounds a lot like the render is being done by the CPU only, but of course we don't know all of the details of your scene. Are you sure that the GPU is being used? Note that if a scene is determined by DS to be too big for the video memory, then the scene will drop to CPU only. Since Windows 10 reserves roughly 18% of your VRAM for itself, you only have about 3.2 GB or so to work with (your 970 has 4GB of VRAM, correct?).

I have sidebar widgets that allow me to keep an eye on my GPU temps and CPU usage. If I don't see the GPU temps spiking and the VRAM usage spiking once Daz begins the render, then I know that said GPU isn't being used for the render. There are other widgets that do this as well, the point is that this can be very useful info to know.

Also, do you have a bunch of stuff (furniture, walls, etc.) that is 'off screen'? The reason I ask is that Daz calculates the light bouncing off of everything in the scene, whether or not it's in frame. If this is the case (lots of stuff in the scene that is off camera), you can hide the stuff that is off camera, which should help in this regard. Sure, your lighting won't be '100% accurate' because it's not bouncing off of the now hidden objects offscreen, but you need to pick your battles...

Also, there's an addon called scene optimizer that can help reduce texture map sizes, among other things. With limited amounts of VRAM available, this can help reduce scene size/increase render speed.

Hope this helps!

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Also, there's an addon called scene optimizer that can help reduce texture map sizes, among other things. With limited amounts of VRAM available, this can help reduce scene size/increase render speed.

Hope this helps!
Yes I'm using it. Yes I'm using it. However, within 10 minutes I will link the screeshoots of the settings.

D

Dr PinkCake

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
That's a high resolution image you're trying to render. Those take time, especially if you're running a 970 gpu. What's the purpose of the render? If it is for a VN 720x1280 is high enough. For comparison purposes, on my GTX 1080 Ti a 720x1280 render takes roughly 40-80 minutes (98% convergence, max samples 10000, unlimited time).
I have read to make them at a high resolution and then resize them to reduce the noise. Is it wrong?

D

Dr PinkCake

I have read to make them at a high resolution and then resize them to reduce the noise. Is it wrong?
You're talking about the nearest neighbor principle. No it definitely is not wrong to downscale a high-res image. What is your target for the final image? For a 720p image you can downscale from a 1080 render quite nicely.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
You're talking about the nearest neighbor principle. No it definitely is not wrong to downscale a high-res image. What is your target for the final image? For a 720p image you can downscale from a 1080 render quite nicely.
1080p

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Agreed with what Dr PinkCake said. Even with dual 1080s, and I render at the resolution you are at regularly, scenes can take a while if they are very complex (read: lots of objects/detailed textures). I've jumped on the HDRI bandwagon for lighting, which seems to help, but that's less useful for indoor situations.

If you are doing the Renpy 'overlay character over scene' thing, then investing some time in your background images (if you only have a limited number of them) may be worthwhile, but with your hardware specs, don't feel bad if you have to settle for slightly less quality by rendering at 1080p instead of 2160p, in the interest of render time management. And, as pointed out, 720p is used in a lot of games, and does just fine in most situations.

I'm not a lighting expert, but a few people seem to really like ghost lighting. Lack of lighting in a Daz Iray scene can really push up the render times. Not necessarily making things brighter, but amplifying things a bit to help better define objects in the scene. I'm not explaining it the best, but I'm sure others can give you some good tips along these lines.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I would also advise to tome down your progressive render settigs:
Screenshot_2.jpg

Your resolution would be that much of an influence in my experience.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Okay thanks for the advice guys. I immediately try to make a render directly at 1080p

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
You need to work with these settings to increase the quality of your render:
View attachment 93421
Do note that this will increase the render time signifcantly. I use a GTX 1070 with 8gb vram and i have renders that took 11 hours to complete.
When you make renders for a VN you need to ballance between quality and speed.
Thank you. To be honest, I'm fine with a little bit of grain. In some weird weird way that I don't even understand, I almost prefer that when it comes to creating scenes.

I'm using a GTX 1080 Ti with 11gb. This took just under 25 minutes to render, but didn't get to 1% until about 10 mins. I'd like to maintain a steady and consistent schedule with my game, as all should, so if I have to sacrifice a little bit of quality, I'm fine with that. But I'll use what you gave me and test different things out. Thanks again.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes