3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Another shot of the apartment. Few tips for people.

1. As you've probably noticed, rendering indoor scenes take a long ass time. Opening up walls helps, but when you've got a dome it's easy to blow out your image. Tone mapping helps, but you eliminate a lot of shadows, so what I did here is render the image as scene only and use a mixture of spotlights, ghost lights, etc. Then, when I finished I immediately rendered the dome and then compiled the two in Photoshop. It seems much fast to me because when doing scene open I can open as many walls as I can and not worry about the dome flooding my image.

2. Make your scene quite bright and then just bring down the iso in tone mapping. Iray likes light.

3. I also render at 4k resolution, stop the render at like 25% or so and then in Photoshop you can despeckle or simple resize down to 1080p and it eliminates a lot of stubborn fireflies and other issues. Really recommend.

Apartment 1.jpg

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
DAZ newbie here, only used it for a couple of days, be gentle.
A concept for a potential game. Lighting is so difficult.
(render time: 11m 50s)

View attachment 65834
2 Remarks:
Be carefull using the Lilith model, it's used in quite a bit of games allready.
As for the renders they look ok. Not good but also not bad.

Lighting is rendering much as in like photography. The only way to learn and get better in it is practice practice practice

Daiz

Jan 29, 2018
2 Remarks:
Be carefull using the Lilith model, it's used in quite a bit of games allready.
As for the renders they look ok. Not good but also not bad.

Lighting is rendering much as in like photography. The only way to learn and get better in it is practice practice practice
Thanks for the advice. It's actually the Asha model with the Lilith skin. Is it really that easy to tell? Fuck guess I need to use a different skin map.

Here's a closeup of the face

render-head.jpg

Reactions: Born2game

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for the advice. It's actually the Asha model with the Lilith skin. Is it really that easy to tell? Fuck guess I need to use a different skin map.

Here's a closeup of the face

View attachment 66345
Look for dual family and dreams of desire and yours and then look at the similarities. They are prety big. Im also working on a VN but staying away from the more common models. Not saying every asset i use is original. eg. There is only 1 yopa room in daz sho so everyone who uses yoga in a scene uses that area... But as far as female model goes there are so many available that its fairly easy to pick something more original. With the age control set you can make her a bit older if the model looks to young. Also mixing multiple models can do the trick. One of my characters has stuff from 3 models and i manually adjusted some sliders. Also hair and colour can do a lot. Both moms in my earlier mentioned novels have black hair. Making her a brunette with more curlier hair can also do a lot for a character.

Reactions: Daiz

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
It's actually the Asha model with the Lilith skin. Is it really that easy to tell? Fuck guess I need to use a different skin map.
Anyone who has used the program long enough will be able to tell which figure you used. Plus, there are already several VNs that use the same model. The easiest way of making things harder to ID is to use the morphs in percentages combined with a different one (25% Victoria + 50% Lilith + 25% Josie) AND use an uncommon skin texture. I know several people who could identify skin textures just by looking at the visible moles.

I recommend using SimTenero Randomizer if you're just looking to randomize stuff.

NymphoPol

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Another shot of the apartment. Few tips for people.

1. As you've probably noticed, rendering indoor scenes take a long ass time. Opening up walls helps, but when you've got a dome it's easy to blow out your image. Tone mapping helps, but you eliminate a lot of shadows, so what I did here is render the image as scene only and use a mixture of spotlights, ghost lights, etc. Then, when I finished I immediately rendered the dome and then compiled the two in Photoshop. It seems much fast to me because when doing scene open I can open as many walls as I can and not worry about the dome flooding my image.

2. Make your scene quite bright and then just bring down the iso in tone mapping. Iray likes light.

3. I also render at 4k resolution, stop the render at like 25% or so and then in Photoshop you can despeckle or simple resize down to 1080p and it eliminates a lot of stubborn fireflies and other issues. Really recommend.

View attachment 65622
@MovieMike what GPU do you use, and how much time did the render take to go to 25%?
nice render btw :)

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
@MovieMike what GPU do you use, and how much time did the render take to go to 25%?
nice render btw :)
I recently got a Geforce GTX 1070 8GB. I think this one is the best value for the money in terms of price / performance. My caged render took about 20-30 mins to complete and my carrysa one took about an hour.

Daiz

Jan 29, 2018
Okay so here's the same character again, zero Lilith assets used this time. She seems to be incredibly popular, maybe even the most (I can see why).

If anyone can tell me if they recognize any popular models, please tell me. Other critique & advice welcome.

mom-crop.jpg

Reactions: Makaikishi

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Okay so here's the same character again, zero Lilith assets used this time. She seems to be incredibly popular, maybe even the most (I can see why).

If anyone can tell me if they recognize any popular models, please tell me. Other critique & advice welcome.

View attachment 66625
Try to mix assets\shapes etc. you can achieve an interesting result.
Change eyes angle\nose\mouth\face etc.
Quality is ~good but she looks like default daz model.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@SpikeGames & @sss_avon

Try to use something like Fit Control ( for Genesis 8f). You are really going to improve the visual of clothes when you use big breast ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes