3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Hmm, question for aspiring directors/photographers out there...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if you have multiple figures in a scene similar to my pic, how would you set the camera and focus on? I seriously have no idea what kind of composition I would do here.
I would focus on what's important here. It's a 3 way with 3 women so I'd either get a nice shot of the kiss or a shot showing off the naughty bits and the 3rd girl. Makes it easier to pose when you're only worried about a small portion of them. If you're dead set on a medium of all 3 I'd consider doing an interesting angle so it's not just directly in front.

Reactions: Palanto

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I'm new to Daz. How to make her skin look realistic? Also, I have a problem with changing the base eye color; it still has ghostly dead-fish eyes. Creeps me out.
DF_mom3.png

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, I'm new to Daz. How to make her skin look realistic? Also, I have a problem with changing the base eye color; it still has ghostly dead-fish eyes. Creeps me out.
View attachment 64855
Are you using 3Delight as your renderer rather than Iray? That seems to be the problem here. Iray offers more "realistic" renders compared to 3Delight. Your light setup always plays an important role.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Are you using 3Delight as your renderer rather than Iray? That seems to be the problem here. Iray offers more "realistic" renders compared to 3Delight. Your light setup always plays an important role.
Ah I see. Is iray a separate downloadable content? I'm pretty new, I'm still learning the basics. A good skin render will look certainly good on this:

DF_mom4.png

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Ah I see. Is iray a separate downloadable content? I'm pretty new, I'm still learning the basics. A good skin render will look certainly good on this:

View attachment 64927
No most models have 2 types of skin textures, iRay and 3Delight (in some cases its a shader that turns the iray into 3delight) So it looks liek you used the wrong model texture. Also use the iray render engine when you use the iray texture or you get very bad results. Below is an axample of the iray skin with iray engine. (I deleted all my 2delight renders but if you google you see the differences)
Here is a quick example:

Reactions: JackBeNimble

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
What are the VNs with an old MC?

Quick 5 minute render testing out clothing fits and avoiding the shrink wrap effect. I'm liking the results. Eventually need to start learning a VN engine to make my game. View attachment 65058
Are you using dforce or just deformers to pull the clothes? Anyway, good luck with your game if you decide to push through. I'm too lazy to do mine.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
What are the VNs with an old MC?

Are you using dforce or just deformers to pull the clothes? Anyway, good luck with your game if you decide to push through. I'm too lazy to do mine.
I had decent results with deformers, but could never get dforce to work properly. Not for large breasts like in this. What really works well and what I used here was Marvelous Designer. I export the figure and the clothing and import them into MD as objs and then can use the cloth sims in there which are miles ahead of anything in Daz. Then export and bring them back into Daz as morphs, works really well. Time consuming, but this is the only really busty character I had planned.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
It's really hard to play with lights :teary:
It's not bad, but it's not perfect either...
Lighting, and particularly Iray lighting, is the hardest thing to master in Daz, but that one is close to brilliant.
The real problem with Iray in Daz, is spill-over on to the background or other objects.
I guess you could use some form of "layering" within Daz, to control the spill-over here, and if I may be so bold as to recommend, that you use a very tight DoF on her, and only her, to blur the background. It should bring her much more into focus.

And then of course, there is the rendering quality, when playing with darker areas in Iray. Iray hates darkness, and has a tendency to require loooooong render times to produce a good quality, when said darkness is involved.

But, seriously, I like it.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Lighting, and particularly Iray lighting, is the hardest thing to master in Daz, but that one is close to brilliant.
The real problem with Iray in Daz, is spill-over on to the background or other objects.
I guess you could use some form of "layering" within Daz, to control the spill-over here, and if I may be so bold as to recommend, that you use a very tight DoF on her, and only her, to blur the background. It should bring her much more into focus.

And then of course, there is the rendering quality, when playing with darker areas in Iray. Iray hates darkness, and has a tendency to require loooooong render times to produce a good quality, when said darkness is involved.

But, seriously, I like it.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Can you teach me how to do better lightning? I haven't tried shaders yet. Whenever I try to load a preset Iray lightning, it's pitch black, I can't see anything. I reckon I won't be able to use Iray I'm using a CPU MAC. Is there any alternative for better lightning using 3delight? DFmom_duo1.png

Mom_render1.png

Reactions: erikus

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Cheers - Kaffekop
There is a light DoF, very light on my pic. Maybe too light :closedeyesmile:
But with a 2012 laptop it's hard too see these details before 30h of render... And this one stopped, unfinished after 33h (120 000s) :closedeyesmile::':)'(

Thanks for your comment ;)

Reactions: Zee95

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Can you teach me how to do better lightning? I haven't tried shaders yet. I still use 3delight though. Thanks!
I can point you in the right direction on where to find tutorials for working with Daz: is what got me started. he explains things very well.
Other than that, the Daz forums are a great go to place for information and advice.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
There is a light DoF, very light on my pic. Maybe too light :closedeyesmile:
But with a 2012 laptop it's hard too see these details before 30h of render... And this one stopped, unfinished after 33h (120 000s) :closedeyesmile::':)'(

Thanks for your comment ;)
I feel your pain! Been there and done that.
The first render of the picture I shared earlier in this thread, took 90 hours of rendering, and 75% done, when I stopped it. That's when I decided to upgrade my gpu.

Cheers - Kafekop

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
It's really hard to play with lights :teary:
It's not bad, but it's not perfect either...

View attachment 65132
@Bip , I hope you don't mind. I thought this render had a lot of potential, so I took a few minutes and tried to correct the lighting in photoshop to bring it to life.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes