• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
bonjour
j'ai mis un arrière plan et sa me fait ça apres le rendue qui peut me dire comment corriger please

Hello
I put a background and it's done to me after rendering who can tell me how to fix please
test ferme.png
backgroung with render background

Jan 8, 2018
bonjour
j'ai mis un arrière plan et sa me fait ça apres le rendue qui peut me dire comment corriger please

Hello
I put a background and it's done to me after rendering who can tell me how to fix please
View attachment 165824
backgroung with render background
First and foremost, you have no ground plane, secondly the background plane is to large for the image, therefore it has stretched the image to fit.
It's much easier to use ready made real world HDR images, Like the one used in my post above this one, they create all the shadows and light and would be perfect for your render.
I hope this helps.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
The first frame from what I hope to be a comic or game. Telling a bit of the backstory of the main character Mac, who ha spent the last 7 years in a war zone. Starts the story finally out of the military and coming back home to buy a bar and take it easy. Rendered him in Daz, background is a scene from a movie that I put some effects on, smoke done in post as well as the muzzle flash.

1. War.png

And then he comes home. A coastal city with Eastern European influences. I really like the Harpsburg model and it's great for these wide exterior shots.

2. Sunshine Exterior.png

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
...how to save a character, I have in the form of a character after he is completely ready to add it to the scene and not tune it again and again...
Save as Support asset/figure/prop/asset. Just keep the default options it gives you to ensure fit control....
Just save the character as a scene then when you want to add him create the scene and use the merge option to inser your character.
Uhhh... Guys, there is a much simpler way.

It's called a "Character Preset", yes I know very cryptic name. ;)

To save a Character Preset you need to do the following:
  1. Select the figure in the Scene
  2. Flie> Save as...> Character Preset...
  3. Type in a file name (what you want it to show up as in your content folder.)
  4. Now the Character Preset save options box shows up. You can save just the shape, the material or both.
  5. Leave the "Compress File" checked and click "Accept" (It's just a text based file, so don't worry about losing quality.)
  6. And you're done. It should be in your "My Library\Presets\Characters" folder or Saved Files\Presets in Smart Content.

Here are some tips:
In the "Scene" tab you can re-name it to anything you want and this will be saved too. I usually name them exactly the same with the name and what base figure (ie. $Character_name G8f).

This also saves a thumbnail of whatever is in the active viewport (I can't tell how many times that I've forgotten this bit.:frown:), so I normally focus on the Character's head and have them wearing whatever hair I want to use just so they aren't bald.​

Hope this helps.

The "Wearable Preset" is very similar but for clothes, hair and props.

Jan 8, 2018
Uhhh... Guys, there is a much simpler way.

It's called a "Character Preset", yes I know very cryptic name. ;)

To save a Character Preset you need to do the following:
  1. Select the figure in the Scene
  2. Flie> Save as...> Character Preset...
  3. Type in a file name (what you want it to show up as in your content folder.)
  4. Now the Character Preset save options box shows up. You can save just the shape, the material or both.
  5. Leave the "Compress File" checked and click "Accept" (It's just a text based file, so don't worry about loosing quality.)
  6. And you're done. It should be in your "My Library\Presets\Characters" folder or Saved Files\Presets in Smart Content.

Here are some tips:
In the "Scene" tab you can re-name it to anything you want and this will be saved too. I usually name them exactly the same with the name and what base figure (ie. $Character_name G8f).

This also saves a thumbnail of whatever is in the active viewport (I can't tell how many times that I've forgotten this bit.:frown:), so I normally focus on the Character's head and have them wearing whatever hair I want to use just so they aren't bald.​

Hope this helps.

The "Wearable Preset" is very similar but for clothes, hair and props.
The only reason I do it the other way is because I want a stand alone character. So for arguments sake I want to sell my model Mishti, I cannot do that as a character preset and I wouldn't want to, I save my characters as figure/prop/asset because that does make them stand alone and ready for packing.
I do get what you're saying though, and for what he needs, your method is much the easier way to do it.
Wish I'd have thought of it myself!

Reactions: p_staker

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
The only reason I do it the other way is because I want a stand alone character. So for arguments sake I want to sell my model Mishti, I cannot do that as a character preset and I wouldn't want to, I save my characters as figure/prop/asset because that does make them stand alone and ready for packing.
I do get what you're saying though, and for what he needs, your method is much the easier way to do it.
Wish I'd have thought of it myself!
Yea, I can see where your coming from, but most of the users here aren't going to be reselling and for non-merchant resource items it really won't make a difference since you resell them anyway.

Jan 8, 2018
Yea, I can see where your coming from, but most of the users here aren't going to be reselling and for non-merchant resource items it really won't make a difference since you resell them anyway.
I don't actually sell my models to the general public, I have, however, sold quite a few to gaming studios, that's why I have such a large gallery of new models. I am thinking about selling to the public though which is one of the reasons I joined this site, my plan was to give a few away free, just to see if they work properly or not.
The ones I sell to studios have all been Maya'd and are full FBX models for all game engines, it's a little like being tango'd, only less orange.

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
I don't actually sell my models to the general public, I have, however, sold quite a few to gaming studios, that's why I have such a large gallery of new models. I am thinking about selling to the public though which is one of the reasons I joined this site, my plan was to give a few away free, just to see if they work properly or not.
The ones I sell to studios have all been Maya'd and are full FBX models for all game engines, it's a little like being tango'd, only less orange.
Cool, you're way beyond what I've done so far.

I'm just used to the DS newbies that expect to be able to just mash the button and get what they want.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 8, 2018
Cool, you're way beyond what I've done so far.

I'm just used to the DS newbies that expect to be able just mash the button and get what they want.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lol too funny, we all had to start somewhere though and this site is fantastic for newbies needing answers.
When I started you were lucky if you got a reply in the Daz forums in under three days, and even then the first reply was always "What morphs are you using?" My reply was always "I don't use morphs, I use ZBrush, Maya and Photoshop." Got very few answers after that!

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
I use ZBrush...
Gahhh... You are in congress with the beast! Begone, you foul demon...

Sorry, I just had a flashback to trying to learn Zbrush. Why God, won't the star just go away...

The UI and I didn't get along. Let's just say I had a bad experience.

...you were lucky if you got a reply in the Daz forums in under three days, and even then the first reply was always "What morphs are you using?" My reply was always "I don't use morphs...
Your answer was beyond their experience.

It's like they asked "What brand paint are you using?" and you replied "Brand? I grind my own pigments and mix it myself."

I'd be sitting like a duck in thunder with a question like that.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes