• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018

Evic

May 25, 2018
Maybe it's just me, but it kinda looks okay (definitely tweaks need to be done), but it kinda looks okay. A lot of post-work stages went into faking this toon-shader-look, but I can refine those. (oh, and the 'script' took ten seconds to write ;) )
We are our own worst critics :)

I think it looks pretty good, enough to know exactly what is happening. The background is unimportant, IMO, for that image so whether you use DoF or "a (pretty) muddy mess of colors" doesn't really matter. If I had to come up with something to criticize it would be that the red blotch under the kneeling girls right tit looks a little off compared to the rest of the image.

Reactions: epw14

Evic

May 25, 2018
Amazing!! May i ask how what did u used or how did u did this great work? :heartcoveredeyes:
Thanks. It's pretty basic, the wall is a prop from DM's Mirror Talk pose collection, the floor is a plane primitive with wood flooring shader applied and the base color dropped to black. 2 extra stock Daz spotlights shining on her right side and back (also from the right) at 10 & 25 percent intensity. And I think that's about it, oh the character is wannabe J-lo ( ) with the skin from... LY Braillen I think it was, I picked it based on the nipples :)

It's a painfully simple setup:
Mirror 1 setup.png

(Spotlight 1 isn't used in the render, it's just there to light up the model for posing tweaks)

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks. It's pretty basic, the wall is a prop from DM's Mirror Talk pose collection, the floor is a plane primitive with wood flooring shader applied and the base color dropped to black. 2 extra stock Daz spotlights shining on her right side and back (also from the right) at 10 & 25 percent intensity. And I think that's about it, oh the character is wannabe J-lo ( ) with the skin from... LY Braillen I think it was, I picked it based on the nipples :)

It's a painfully simple setup:
View attachment 144800

(Spotlight 1 isn't used in the render, it's just there to light up the model for posing tweaks)
Thanks ^^ i tried to do it too :) not that great like urs bit its my first time using this mod mirrorpose.png

Evic

May 25, 2018
Thanks ^^ i tried to do it too :) not that great like urs bit its my first time using this mod
You'll get there.

If you want to recreate what I did you need to turn off the environment in the render settings, leave the dome on but zero out the environment itself:
Mirror 1 setup2.png

That will give you a solid black background so you don't need to add more props to handle what shows in the mirror. You'll have to add some more lighting depending on what results you want.

For the floor, I dropped the base color down to black so you only see the wood grain in the gloss coating. That way to floor fades into the black background and it's essentially invisible in the reflection due to the light placement.

With the long T-Shirt you're using you can get a cool effect by increasing the translucency of it and messing with the shirt's SSS settings. With the character between the camera and the bright light around the mirror you'll see her silhouette through the shirt in the foreground.

And, for portrait style renders try to put the camera where you want the eye height of the viewer to be (normally close to the eye height of the subject of the picture) and then angle it until you have it framed the way you want. That will make it look more natural rather than having it as high as you did.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: VDawe

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
You'll get there.

If you want to recreate what I did you need to turn off the environment in the render settings, leave the dome on but zero out the environment itself:
View attachment 144920

That will give you a solid black background so you don't need to add more props to handle what shows in the mirror. You'll have to add some more lighting depending on what results you want.

For the floor, I dropped the base color down to black so you only see the wood grain in the gloss coating. That way to floor fades into the black background and it's essentially invisible in the reflection due to the light placement.

With the long T-Shirt you're using you can get a cool effect by increasing the translucency of it and messing with the shirt's SSS settings. With the character between the camera and the bright light around the mirror you'll see her silhouette through the shirt in the foreground.

And, for portrait style renders try to put the camera where you want the eye height of the viewer to be (normally close to the eye height of the subject of the picture) and then angle it until you have it framed the way you want. That will make it look more natural rather than having it as high as you did.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help, appreciate it !

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes