Daz Daz Studio Repository (Daz older versions)

Bugafuga

May 8, 2021
Thank you, my lovelies. I upgraded my system (from 2010-13ish hardware to 2022 hardware) and apparently lost the ability to load DAZ because I decided to go with a radeon and none of the new versions would even load up. I knew my fellow 95ers wouldn't let me down in keeping back ups. Seriously, fuck DAZ for not keeping older versions available. That's some bullshit.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thank you, my lovelies. I upgraded my system (from 2010-13ish hardware to 2022 hardware) and apparently lost the ability to load DAZ because I decided to go with a radeon and none of the new versions would even load up. I knew my fellow 95ers wouldn't let me down in keeping back ups. Seriously, fuck DAZ for not keeping older versions available. That's some bullshit.
Wait, Daz itself isn't starting up? Or the renders aren't starting up? If the former, then you've got other issues. Not having an Nvidia GPU won't stop you from using Daz as a whole. It'll just throw everything onto the CPU. If the latter, I'd probably look at the ram being overloaded by CPU rendering. That said, I'd try playing around with Filament. Easily better than 3DL with a bit of work and knowledge. But either way, it's hard to blame Daz for not wanting to keep archaic engines around when there's simply better available.

Also, just avoid AMD GPUs as a whole if you're doing anything more than gaming. They're, simply put, terrible for anything productivity-based, and that's being generous.

Bugafuga

May 8, 2021
Wait, Daz itself isn't starting up? Or the renders aren't starting up? If the former, then you've got other issues. Not having an Nvidia GPU won't stop you from using Daz as a whole. It'll just throw everything onto the CPU. If the latter, I'd probably look at the ram being overloaded by CPU rendering. That said, I'd try playing around with Filament. Easily better than 3DL with a bit of work and knowledge. But either way, it's hard to blame Daz for not wanting to keep archaic engines around when there's simply better available.

Also, just avoid AMD GPUs as a whole if you're doing anything more than gaming. They're, simply put, terrible for anything productivity-based, and that's being generous.

I was writing an explanation about what was going on to see if you could help when I suddenly went, "Wait, did I remember to uninstall my nvidia drivers?" and guess what, "Oh. My. God, Becky, I am so fucking stupid." I've uninstalled and reinstalled, updated drivers, cleared all sorts of shit, and my dumb fucking ass forgot step fucking one after getting a new video card. Current DAZ version runs fine, great actually. Jesus, fuck.

Reactions: MissFortune

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
As an opinion, fine.
There is no API for AMD and i wonder why there is no render technology from AMD. The cards surely are capable.

Bottomline: You want to use DAZ3d, buy NVidia. Don't even think of anything else. Or render with or perhaps in Blender. There is a plugin for Blender ( ).

I think DAZ sucks as for user choice.

Janus Bifrons

Apr 11, 2022
Daz 4.22 currently crashes with OOT branded hair, so if someone has a 4.21 version for those who upgraded, it would be a help to add it to the list

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Not sure if it'll work with just the exe file, but here's one for 4.21.05:

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Japanese

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thanks! I just have to uninstall the new one in DIM and, then, put this one in the downloads and install it, right?
I believe you'd just install it manually (e.g. double click, follow install process.). Not a 100% on that, though.

Reactions: The Japanese

rolmac

May 28, 2017
Not sure if it'll work with just the exe file, but here's one for 4.21.05:

I downloaded a file. but my windows displayed the warning message that it was better not to continue installing your file and an earlier version of dim which will install version 4.22
I think we are looking for the software from daz but from dim to be more precise a file which installs 4.21 without going through dim

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022
Does anyone know if it's too troublesome to downgrade Daz using DIM? I don't want to uninstall everything. In fact, since I suspect 4.22 is taking longer to render, I want to uninstall it, install 4.16 to test if it's just my imagination, and, if it's so, reinstall 4.22.

Even if it's not, I'll probably keep 4.22 since I have some projects I think won't work in 4.16... Then, I'll probably do a multiple install, which I also never tried... If anyone has any hints for that too, I'll be gladly thankful.
Take the DIM of version 4.16 and put it in the DIM downloads folder, then open DIM and put it offline and version 4.16 should appear in downloads, if you have DIM version 4.21.0.5 I wish you could share

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022
That's what I was trying to avoid because I don't wanna mess with my actual installation; I just wanna run a test. But thanks anyway. I think I'll just try to uninstall the current version, put the 4.16 there, and see if it works... If it doesn't, I'll just reinstall it and think about an alternative later.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have that specific DIM version. I have this , which I backed up in July 2022, but I don't know which version of Daz it's related to. I didn't even know there was a DIM-Daz version correlation since DIM version numbers are completely different from Daz version numbers (for instance, the actual DIM version is 1.4.1.69, and the one I've shared is 1.4.0.80).
My mistake, I confused the terms, I was wondering if by chance you have the version of Daz 4.21 but the one you install with DIM

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
If anyone's looking for different versions of Daz, here's . There's some older versions , as well. Just scroll down a bit.

Reactions: groq and jojozz

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019

I downloaded the 4.16 but Default Daz resources are missing (Nvidia mdl examples etc). You can install default resources through daz install manager but they are for version 4.21 upwards. Does anyone has 4.16 default resources?

Thank you for any help.

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
Make a clean and updated thread. If you have a build not listed, please submit o/
Hope I didn't fucked up the llinks :HideThePain:.

DAZ STUDIO

- Daz Studio 4.6 (x64)
+ Goz for Daz4.6 + MultiRes support :

- Daz Studio 4.10 (x64) :

- Daz Studio 4.11 (beta / x64) :

- Daz Studio 4.12 (x64) :

- Daz Studio 4.12 (MacOs) :

- Daz Studio 4.15 (beta / x64):

- Daz Studio 4.16 (x64):

- Daz Studio 4.20 (beta / x64):

OTHERS

GoZ 1.9.0.86 (x64):

I downloaded the 4.16 but Default Daz resources are missing (Nvidia mdl examples etc). You can install default resources through daz install manager but they are for version 4.21 upwards. Does anyone has 4.16 default resources?