Tool DAZ Resources

FetishCollectorD

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Looking for some DAZ 3D resources that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for. Possibly even free. Poses, textures, figures... anything really.

(Edit) Yes I already have the free resources from their site.

Reactions: nvrmr

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
I found the link to the free assets you provided - THANK YOU.
I wanna take a stab at working with DAZ. Many of the assets say they're 'for' the Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 bodies. Is there anywhere to get those for free? Are they included in any of the packs?
I've got a sinking feeling they'll have to be bought from DAZ, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I found the link to the free assets you provided - THANK YOU.
I wanna take a stab at working with DAZ. Many of the assets say they're 'for' the Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 bodies. Is there anywhere to get those for free? Are they included in any of the packs?
I've got a sinking feeling they'll have to be bought from DAZ, but thought I'd ask anyway.
When you get Daz, they give you a set of "Starter Essentials". This provides the base models (Genesis 3 Male and Female, Genesis 8 Male and Female as well as older ones) as well as a small amount of related content. (hair, clothes) That's enough to at least play around a bit with Daz and see if you like it. Those are free. The rest of the content is sold through the Daz store, or through third-party stores like renderosity and renderotica.

Daz does periodically offer "freebies" (daz3d.com/freebies), but they're virtually always older content - stuff for Genesis 2 and earlier.

As pointed out earlier, if your morals allow you to "use paid content without paying", this site has an Asset Release forum with links to a lot of stuff, and there are numerous third-party sites that post similar content.

Reactions: Ōba and Papa Ernie

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
...if your morals allow you to "use paid content without paying", this site has an Asset Release forum with links to a lot of stuff, and there are numerous third-party sites that post similar content.
If I ever use this stuff for anything besides a hobby I'll pay for the content, gladly. Let the "Free For All' begin!
I plundered the Asset Release forum and snagged over 40 Gigs of content. Now I've gotta find a CURRENT copy of DAZ. I've only got 4.10.0.123, and many of the assets I herded up require a newer copy. It also sounds like I need to track down IRay too. I screwed around with 3D modeling in Photoshop just enough to know how important lighting is.
If you know where I can look for DAZ or IRay, you can PM the info if there's any rules about posting that kind of stuff. I've got a few places I can try in the mean time.
Thanks again!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
If I ever use this stuff for anything besides a hobby I'll pay for the content, gladly. Let the "Free For All' begin!
I plundered the Asset Release forum and snagged over 40 Gigs of content. Now I've gotta find a CURRENT copy of DAZ. I've only got 4.10.0.123, and many of the assets I herded up require a newer copy. It also sounds like I need to track down IRay too. I screwed around with 3D modeling in Photoshop just enough to know how important lighting is.
If you know where I can look for DAZ or IRay, you can PM the info if there's any rules about posting that kind of stuff. I've got a few places I can try in the mean time.
Thanks again!
daz3d.com
They're the ones who publish Daz Studio. It's free. And iRay is built into it. (Daz's business model is to give away the program and sell the content.)

Sierra117

Apr 27, 2018
Hey, I figured this might be a good spot to ask this question. So do most of the game developers buy the content they wish to use? I also noticed one of the textures asked about a $50 copyright fee, do you know if that means I need that in order to create a game with it?

KinksterKitty

Jul 28, 2017
Hey, I figured this might be a good spot to ask this question. So do most of the game developers buy the content they wish to use? I also noticed one of the textures asked about a $50 copyright fee, do you know if that means I need that in order to create a game with it?

It depends on morality of said game dev.

For example, "Infinity War" just got released on Youtube to pay per view. Do you pay for it? Or just go to PirateBay?

Same principle.

Elena's Life Nickfifa buys certain assets I think, or that is at least what he said once.

With that said, most devs on here uses pirated content I think. Except 3Diddly, I think he creates his own content in Maya and puts it in poser or Daz 3D.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The "Interactive License" mentioned on Daz's site is only necessary if you're actually going to embed the resource in the game and distribute it. (Basically, a game that does real-time 3D animation.) If all you're doing is embedding 2D images that you rendered with Daz Studio, then the Interactive License is not required - the vanilla Daz license allows you to do pretty much anything you want with renders generated from Studio.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
legal source:

Make sure to check the license of the artist for these! Usually attribution is required and that's it. There is more on Deviantart if you dig a little.

DumbMotherfucker

Oct 9, 2018
sharecg com, ps-ds info, and heroturko cz are good sources of DAZ things as well as a lot of other 3D/CG content and tools

whenever i'm working i like buying people's stuff to try to help keep it all happening. i know what it's like to put months of work into something, put it out there, and only sell a handful of copies. it is teh suxxors, lol. i'm of two minds about the russian warez sites and asset lists like this. on the one hand, peeps are depriving you of ramen. on the other, if you're being listed and traded on some of these, you've made it to a certain level and people are looking at your work and seeing your name and you can use that. it's complicated i guess

RiseMinsky

Jul 13, 2020
Other sites:

McFarlane42

Dec 9, 2017
Quick question: I'm trying to work my way through these forums to find this answer but I figured it's worth a shot. Once I download the assets from here, how do I get my Daz to recognize/install them?

If anyone would be willing to point me to the appropriate post (or answer it outright) I'd be greatly appreciative.