Tool Daz Daz Content Manager [0.5] [rythamun]

Aug 12, 2019
Since the program no longer works, I now use an msaccess database. There are now over 14k of assets in the database.
Someone wanted to have my collection and that's why I now export a PDF with all the items in 7 minutes.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sadly, I don't have time for this project right now and I don't even know when or if I will continue the development at all.

But if someone wants to continue or at least fix the problems. Here is the source code:

I created the project because doing things manually annoyed me - but I never intended to share the project.
So the code should be ok-ish, but quick and dirty at times - and of course without any documentation at all :D

If you are familiar with Java/Spring and Angular, you should be fine...
Ryth,
I never got the source code. But why don't you put it up on Github, I see you have an account. I wouldn't mind reading up on the tech so I can update the scrapers, at least.

• Red Heart
Reactions: scarlettyoung

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Ryth,
I never got the source code. But why don't you put it up on Github, I see you have an account. I wouldn't mind reading up on the tech so I can update the scrapers, at least.
I would love you if you did this.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Anyone has the source code ? I could try to fix it
It's java... not easy to work with.
Do you know Python? Maybe we could collaborate on a new tool. I am good at writing scrapers and do semi-AI stuff for matching.
I am actually thinking about doing a tool that, instead of scraping, would connect to an API that would hold all the information so people won't get blocked.

• Red Heart

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I took it upon myself to decompile rythamun's JAR because he is likely not active here anymore.

I tried two approaches, Procyon and CFR. The first is a bit bigger so probably most likely to work.

I have no experience in Java, but I think I might be able to adapt the scraper bits. How to circumvent 3dload's Cloudflare, I have no idea. But maybe one just needs to be "greenlighted" by IP once so maybe just visit the site first. Dunno.

At any rate, I still suggest we start a new project, preferably in Python. That way there are tons of good resources to make use of, including ability to pass Cloudflare tests.

• Red Heart

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
... and then I just notice that this app actually mostly works. Save the 3d-load issue which we might have a chat with the site owner about (he is on F95zone).

It does need updates, though. But the main issue is the too short variable length for filenames on Renderosity.

I still think we need to do something new...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
BTW, love your game scarlettyoung (doing prework on my own project right now)
What engine do you use?
Wow! That is so sweet of you to say! I actually wrote a custom engine for the game because pre-existing engines like RenPy didn't have some of the functionality I wanted to include in the game. Unfortunately, this also means I often introduce new bugs when I release a feature update.

I'm getting relatively close to having all of the core features finished though, so after a few more major updates it should be mostly content-focus without too many new bugs.

What game are you working on?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Wow! That is so sweet of you to say! I actually wrote a custom engine for the game because pre-existing engines like RenPy didn't have some of the functionality I wanted to include in the game. Unfortunately, this also means I often introduce new bugs when I release a feature update.

I'm getting relatively close to having all of the core features finished though, so after a few more major updates it should be mostly content-focus without too many new bugs.

What game are you working on?
Sorry for my delay :)

I agree, Renpy basically sucks and has done so since it was conceived. RPGM is based on far too old architecture. So I get your reasoning. I am planning on using a mature engine (actually there are lots that support your style of game, both for Unity and Unreal).

I have two projects. One is about a man who buys an android and trains her over time. Another is a game set in a parallel universe where a dairy farmer is transported to breed and milk cows who are essentially humans but with cow-like attributes when it comes to milking etc. I have a lot of lore ready for the latter, and I am also looking for people who wish to co-work on it. If you're interested, please send me a message.
But I am positive that all the genre ideas I have are sought after. Most of them have lots of interest and most of them are carried out badly in other projects, or the projects are too short. But I'm not gonna mention all my ideas in the open ;-)

I'm on Discord as cooperdk#2905 and you're welcome to write either there or here.

I have knowledge of both DAZ and (beginners) on Unity. And I have found a lot of possible tools for both game ideas and for the former I also have character ideas. For the latter I currently have the MC who's a middle-aged man (widower).

Kowai3d

Dec 7, 2019
Anyone think a rewrite in C++ & Python would be worth the effort? I haven't looked at the source code yet, but if it could be done with C++... :unsure:

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Check out these:
(paid)