dcm-asset-gallery.png

Overview:
Tool for managing and downloading Daz3d/Poser Assets​

Thread Updated: 2020-01-17
Release Date: 2020-01-17
Version: 0.5
Language: English

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Implemented Features:

Planned Features:

Daz Content Manager in action

DOWNLOAD
0.5:
0.4:

Extras: Data folder with scrapped assets

dcm-asset-gallery.png dcm-asset-details.png dcm-asset-details-required.png dcm-asset-details-included.png dcm-download-gallery.png dcm-download-details.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
So this lets you check all your assets in your DAZ studio while also being able to download assets from the DAZ and other asset websites?

What I see from the 3rd screenshot is that it lets you know what assets you're missing and what assets you need for bigger ones

Ataly

Jan 25, 2019
Looks very promising, but i'll wait for someone else to test it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
So this lets you check all your assets in your DAZ studio while also being able to download assets from the DAZ and other asset websites?

What I see from the 3rd screenshot is that it lets you know what assets you're missing and what assets you need for bigger ones
It's still in early development.

But yes, it will scan your asset / archive folder for DIM files, finds out what assets you already have and then loads all sort of information from the vendor page so you can browse your library.

It also crawls 3d-load and ps-ds.info and gives you the possibility to filter out all assets you already have.

But like I said, it's still in early development. So I'm happy to get some feedback but you may wait for a few versions until it has more features and is more stable. I let you know when I can recommend using it :D

Currently, I'm implementing the automated creation of DIM Install Packages as they have the same pattern most of the time.

Reactions: Adaptis

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
It's still in early development.

But yes, it will scan your asset / archive folder for DIM files, finds out what assets you already have and then loads all sort of information from the vendor page so you can browse your library.

It also crawls 3d-load and ps-ds.info and gives you the possibility to filter out all assets you already have.

But like I said, it's still in early development. So I'm happy to get some feedback but you may wait for a few versions until it has more features and is more stable. I let you know when I can recommend using it :D

Currently, I'm implementing the automated creation of DIM Install Packages as they have the same pattern most of the time.
Sounds like it will save quite a bit of time with the downloads and assets checking, I look forward to testing it out when its good to go.

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
I updated the tool to 0.3:

Main features are:

Automated DIM Install Package creation

Package Validation: Fix missing preview Img / Replace with big Image

I tested the Package creation with some downloads for DAZ (incl. Bundles), Renderosity, and Renderotica and they worked all fine.
If you find some packages that can't be automatically created, please let me know and I have a look.
The same goes for strange packages.

But still in alpha and probably still bugged, as I didn't use the tool myself yet.
The next feature I want to add is a full JDownloader implementation - so I can have literally only 1 click from download to a ready DIM Install file.

Last edited:

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
I updated the tool to 0.3:

Main features are:

Automated DIM Install Package creation

Package Validation: Fix missing preview Img / Replace with big Image

I tested the Package creation with some downloads for DAZ (incl. Bundles), Renderosity, and Renderotica and they worked all fine.
If you find some packages that can't be automatically created, please let me know and I have a look.
The same goes for strange packages.

But still in alpha and probably still bugged, as I didn't use the tool myself yet.
The next feature I want to add is a full JDownloader implementation - so I can have literally only 1 click from download to a ready DIM Install file.
Hey, I just want to make sure I understand whats happening in the example video you provided, from what I am seeing, you are uploading JMR dforce Ashley Outfit for G8F, and when its done, the file that appears in the downloads folder of DAZ install manager is CB dforce Dark Essence Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s), is this process disguising the Ashley Outfit as the Dark Essence Outfit and using its SKU id number to get it to install in the manager?

But I also see the size has changed, I'm not sure whats happening in the video.

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
No wonder the video was confusing... I uploaded the download file to the wrong asset.
I updated the video in my previous post. This is why I automate things. :D

So what's happening is the tool basically does the same as Content Package Assist does.
It will create a DIM Install package, but automatically.

The file checks the content of the Uploaded Zip file:
- if it already includes a valid DIM Pack, it will use that package
-- It will validate the package and will fix missing preview images and add a bigger one if set in the options
- if not it will try to create a new DIM Package from scratch (i will look for folders named runtime, people, etc)
- it will copy all found Template/UV Files to the Template Folder
- it will copy all found Documentation to the documentation Folder

File size is different because
- the DIM Install file will not include the template files
- the big Promo Image will be added to the Install file (as well as DIM Manifest & Supplement file)
- it's a newly created zip file - the source is a rar file (and I may use another compression level)

If you are interested, here are some testcases I used for testing:

Last edited:

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
No wonder the video was confusing... I uploaded the download file to the wrong asset.
I updated the video in my previous post. This is why I automate things. :D

So what's happening is the tool basically does the same as Content Package Assist does.
It will create a DIM Install package, but automatically.

The file checks the content of the Uploaded Zip file:
- if it already includes a valid DIM Pack, it will use that package
-- It will validate the package and will fix missing preview images and add a bigger one if set in the options
- if not it will try to create a new DIM Package from scratch (i will look for folders named runtime, people, etc)
- it will copy all found Template/UV Files to the Template Folder
- it will copy all found Documentation to the documentation Folder

File size is different because
- the DIM Install file will not include the template files
- the big Promo Image will be added to the Install file (as well as DIM Manifest & Supplement file)
- it's a newly created zip file - the source is a rar file (and I may use another compression level)

If you are interested, here are some testcases I used for testing:
Cool, I'll be sure to give it a go and let you know how it goes.

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
Feedback and constructive criticism are appreciated!

JDownloader implementation was easy, so I updated the tool to 0.4
Have a look at the video in the first post for DCM + jdownloader in action

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
Feedback and constructive criticism are appreciated!

JDownloader implementation was easy, so I updated the tool to 0.4
Have a look at the video in the first post for DCM + jdownloader in action
Hey I just wanted to give an update on my progress with the manager, I've installed it per the instructions, I can see 7 assets which I assume I'm able to download if I want like in the demonstration video you uploaded, I placed an asset that already had an SKU id number in my install managers download folder which was Lilith 7 model and then clicked the Import/Check downloaded assets from the dashboard, now I'm able to see her in the assets tab along with the 7 other random assets I'm able to download.

From getting Lilith 7 to show in the assets tab I can see from her profile page that I've already downloaded her and after using the scrap download site in the downloads tab and refreshing, I now see a few more assets popping up, Lilith 7 now gives me that box to allow me to drag and drop her asset there, but at this point I wouldn't need to since she already comes with all the information needed to install her in the install manager.

I now placed another asset file that only has the name of the file without the SKU number, am I able to scan these kind of files to pick up the assets page to allow me to drag it in that package box? so far the amount of assets loading in the assets and download tab grows, but how do I package the assets that need the SKU id numbers?

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
Hey I just wanted to give an update on my progress with the manager, I've installed it per the instructions, I can see 7 assets which I assume I'm able to download if I want like in the demonstration video you uploaded, I placed an asset that already had an SKU id number in my install managers download folder which was Lilith 7 model and then clicked the Import/Check downloaded assets from the dashboard, now I'm able to see her in the assets tab along with the 7 other random assets I'm able to download.

From getting Lilith 7 to show in the assets tab I can see from her profile page that I've already downloaded her and after using the scrap download site in the downloads tab and refreshing, I now see a few more assets popping up, Lilith 7 now gives me that box to allow me to drag and drop her asset there, but at this point I wouldn't need to since she already comes with all the information needed to install her in the install manager.

I now placed another asset file that only has the name of the file without the SKU number, am I able to scan these kind of files to pick up the assets page to allow me to drag it in that package box? so far the amount of assets loading in the assets and download tab grows, but how do I package the assets that need the SKU id numbers?
Thanks for testing my tool!

For now, the "Import" feature only purpose is to initially let the application know what Assets you already have. (So it loads all information from the internet and sets the download flag to true). And it will only detect files that are named correctly.

If you can't find the asset in the assets sections, DCM doesn't know the Asset yet.
In this version, you can only load the asset information from the vendor by scrapping the download sites or adding the asset manually.

Here is how you add it manually:

In the future, I will also provide "pre-scrapped" data of all assets from the vendors.
But I want to finalize my data structure first, so I don't need to scrap the whole library every time. As the combined asset count of Daz, Renderosity, and Renderotica is ca 80k to 100k assets.

Reactions: Adaptis

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
Thanks for testing my tool!

For now, the "Import" feature only purpose is to initially let the application know what Assets you already have. (So it loads all information from the internet and sets the download flag to true). And it will only detect files that are named correctly.

If you can't find the asset in the assets sections, DCM doesn't know the Asset yet.
In this version, you can only load the asset information from the vendor by scrapping the download sites or adding the asset manually.

Here is how you add it manually:

In the future, I will also provide "pre-scrapped" data of all assets from the vendors.
But I want to finalize my data structure first, so I don't need to scrap the whole library every time. As the combined asset count of Daz, Renderosity, and Renderotica is ca 80k to 100k assets.
I appreciate you going in depth on how to find the features, so far it worked, I had to find the page with the assets information, added it to the manager and placed that asset in the box for packaging, I'll have to test out a few more assets, but so far its been a huge help with installing assets that don't have the SKU id numbers, as long as I can find the assets profile page, then it easily sets them up for installing through install manager.

I'll keep trying different assets out and look forward in how this manager evolves.

Pain

May 15, 2017
Love it!

However, some issues that you probably already know about!?

- Sometimes the created packages aren't copied over to the DIM download folder. This seems to be most frequent when the archive contains multiple zip/IM files - like PRO bundles for example.
- Sometimes the files aren't cleared from JDownloader2 even though the file copied over correctly. This seems to happen with random files but most frequently with bundles as well - but some single archives are affected as well.
- When selecting "click and download" the asset is immediately marked as downloaded although it is not. Maybe it is possible to mark them as downloaded after the copy to DIM folder!? (this is most obviously an issue when downloading older assets where some or all links are missing and the download is not possible).

I would also like to see

- Separate DIM download folders for the different vendor types (DAZ, Render... etc.)
- Be able to remove single assets from the database
- Option to also scrape all the product images and put them outside the archive file (ie. not compressed within the archive) with similar naming convention (IM000xxxx-xxxxx_[Promo1].jpg etc.) and copy those as well to the DIM download folder.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Ok... am I doing something wrong here.

Unziped it clicked on the start.bat... nothing
Opened the Run Command, browsed to Start.bat... nothing.

Help a neophyte please!

Pain

May 15, 2017
Ok... am I doing something wrong here.

Unziped it clicked on the start.bat... nothing
Opened the Run Command, browsed to Start.bat... nothing.

Help a neophyte please!

You are probably missing the Java Runtime Environment.
Go to and download and install the latest version.
After that I believe you sgould be able to run the program (by double clicking start.bat)

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Thanks... got it to work!

Its a pretty amazing little tool... thanks for your efforts.

Q:
It only downloads the "main" image associated with the asset... right? So, for example,

Has the main image, and then 8 other images... +1 More in the Renderocity "gallery", it doesn't touch those?

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah - I already fixed a lot of stuff and implemented a lot of other new features... (nearly everything I planned to implement)
So the next version is a big update... but I don't have that much time right now to finalize it... I try to release the next version next week or so...

As for the requests: I will have a look at it... but don't know if I have much time in the near future. But I will share the source code, maybe someone is so kind and will help with the development.

rythamun

Oct 16, 2016
Thanks... got it to work!

Its a pretty amazing little tool... thanks for your efforts.

Q:
It only downloads the "main" image associated with the asset... right? So, for example,

Has the main image, and then 8 other images... +1 More in the Renderocity "gallery", it doesn't touch those?
In the new version (coming soon), you can set in the options to download only the thumbnail, the promo image or all images.
I didn't implement a gallery on the webpage yet, though. But all the images are in the folder.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I've been working may way around DCM and its great with lots of potential! I followed your instructions above about creating an install packet, and it works really nice (though, as you noted, it struggles a bit with "Bundles").

Today when I fired it up, the cmd line runs for about 20 seconds, and then closes... its not opening the dashboard. Did I mess it up somehow or.... ?

Thanks, in advance!