3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

shadybluealyssa

Jul 14, 2017
I played on my laptop, didn't download it and played the browser version since the .exe was on the slower side (browser loaded up faster). Anyways as I was playing, the game was definitely going slow the longer I played it, especially during the transition periods, and my laptop fans was going faster and getting hotter. Maybe its just how the game is made, and most of the games I've played or Ren'py

SPEC: T520 Thinkpad on Ubuntu 17.10
Browser: Google Chrome

EDIT: Only reason why I suspected the whole cryptomining thing is because some websites like CSGOconfig and Piratebay was accused of having them onto their website and it had the symptoms being the same
Yes, this is the reason why I suspected it. I noticed that Ren'py games tend to use more system resources that I usually expect but this one instance kinda threw me off.

We obviously haven't spent two years+ building a good repertoire only to mine for crypto currency. I'll ask Ricky (the programmer) to join this thread to answer your questions/issues with spikes in GPU usage.
Great! Thanks for the transparency! Again, I have to stress that I'm pretty new here and love your work. Subbed last night and finished all chapters on DFD and keep it up! :)

Hi there,
Here's Ricky, DFD's programmer.

As Palmer already stated, we definitely are NOT using our games to mining any kind of virtual currency. If there's an usual CPU or GPU spike anywhere, that might be a bug, memory leak or something else you can report (ricky@love-joint.com). I use to profile my games start to finish to grant they are as optimized as possible (I take optimization very seriously), and I never saw before DFD using 95% of the GPU nor CPU.

Here you can see two screenshots of both Ch1 and Ch2 running on my PC, and the CPU and GPU usage is pretty low.

These are our official builds, however. I suggest you to follow and only download games from our official server (love-joint-games.com).

Best,
Ricky.
I downloaded chapter 1 real version mega link posted here. I subbed on patreon and played the webversions and everything is fine. I should've been more clear when I said exe and I forgot that chrome is also an exe.

karan121

Aug 13, 2017
I am getting error 'you haven't played chapter 1" when i start chapter 2 while i have already finished chapter1, what am i doing wrong?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm sure at some point someone will make a walkthrough... But this vn/game isn't a stat grind, and there is no Dead Ends to choices you make... The main story progresses regardless... Choices you make just show you small side stories, and a walkthrough would only really reveal what each side event entails, which in essence would just ruin the experience... I do like walkthroughs for some vn/games, but usually only when you have to worry about stats, hidden or not hidden, or when without one you end up hitting dead ends or miss tons of content, requiring replays... The only thing a walkthrough for this one would do is be more of a spoiler list, not a real walkthrough...
I wasn't really talking about walkthroughs, I brought this up as an example of "spoiling" the game. A walkthrough is a much bigger spoiler than the possibility to read the script of the game.
I was talking about the attempts to hide game script from those who are able and would like to read it. Most people won't read it, anyway, ever. A few may use it to create a walkthrough and "spoil" the game for those who want it to be spoiled. Those who don't want to spoil the game for themselves are not forced to read the script or use a walkthrough.
And all this makes the idea of spoiling the game ridiculous, IMHO.
Therefore, all attempts to hide the script are just a waste of time and resources. Getting mad or annoyed because some people want to read the script and create tools or instructions to unhide the script just isn't healthy. It'll happen sooner or later anyway and it's not worth getting stressed about.
The only logical thing is not to try to hide the script. If someone wants to read it, let him do just that. He'll be happy about it and grateful and respect you even more. I know, I would.

Reactions: Abitdeals

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
I am getting error 'you haven't played chapter 1" when i start chapter 2 while i have already finished chapter1, what am i doing wrong?
- If you're playing in browser, you can't play in incognito mode as the game save your progress in the Local Storage (nor configure your browser to not store data or flush cache when closing);
- If you're using the EXEs, you're probably playing the hacked version of Ch1 created by Sam. That version is not compatible with the official release of Ch2. So: re-download Ch1, finish it and you'll be fine.

Reactions: karan121

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Yes. All links are in the first page of this thread.
I was asking as that was the one that I downloaded and it wasnt allowing me to play chapter 2 after i finished the chapter 1 so will download it again and try

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
The first page was updated and ch1 "cracked" isn't available anymore.
what do you mean by "Cracked"? chapter 1 and chapter 2 are available for free now, there is no need to crack anything

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I wasn't really talking about walkthroughs, I brought this up as an example of "spoiling" the game. A walkthrough is a much bigger spoiler than the possibility to read the script of the game.
I was talking about the attempts to hide game script from those who are able and would like to read it. Most people won't read it, anyway, ever. A few may use it to create a walkthrough and "spoil" the game for those who want it to be spoiled. Those who don't want to spoil the game for themselves are not forced to read the script or use a walkthrough.
And all this makes the idea of spoiling the game ridiculous, IMHO.
Therefore, all attempts to hide the script are just a waste of time and resources. Getting mad or annoyed because some people want to read the script and create tools or instructions to unhide the script just isn't healthy. It'll happen sooner or later anyway and it's not worth getting stressed about.
The only logical thing is not to try to hide the script. If someone wants to read it, let him do just that. He'll be happy about it and grateful and respect you even more. I know, I would.
Listen: This is F95. Do whatever the fuck you want with this game. We're here for feedback :)

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
There was a "cracked" chapter 1 published in this thread before we released it for free.
fair enough, still chapter 1 and chapter 2 is still available on the first page so its not a problem either way :)

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
fair enough, still chapter 1 and chapter 2 is still available on the first page so its not a problem either way :)
Yes. These are our official free releases. I always ask about the "cracked" one because it doesn't communicate its data with Ch2.

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
Anyone have a visual guide for mixing the drinks at the bartender?

Edit: I made some cheat notes.
Row 1
1 - Rye Whiskey
2 - Bourbon
3 - Red Vermouth
4 - Dry Vermouth
5 - White Rum
6 - Dark Rum
7 - Light Rum
8 - Gin
9 - Vodka
10 - Triple Sec